Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I quit.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dim Gremory

10-25-2014

Quote:
Hansiman:
They did have that as a mode once. They saw that it wasn't actually used by enough players to warrant implementing it.

If there was a ranked 1v1 mode that would make enemies play against each other with the same champ, I wouldn't play any other modes at all. Dota has 1v1 matches that have a rule that says "the first player to die twice or lose a turret, loses the match". I think it would be a great mode because it would be the closest mode to rely on individual skill. Just make it ranked and people will play it.

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-25-2014

Quote:
Dim Gremory:
If there was a ranked 1v1 mode that would make enemies play against each other with the same champ, I wouldn't play any other modes at all. Dota has 1v1 matches that have a rule that says "the first player to die twice or lose a turret, loses the match". I think it would be a great mode because it would be the closest mode to rely on individual skill. Just make it ranked and people will play it.

There's really no need. This game is still focused on team-playing.

Making a 1v1 ranked mode will go against the core of the game.

Dim Gremory

10-25-2014

"Change is good"

-Kha'zix

You say there's no need, but I bet it would keep players (that are sick and tired of relying on 4 random strangers to win) from leaving this game for good.

The game would still be focused on 5v5 and 3v3. The majority would be team based modes. It doesen't sound like a 1v1 mode would alter the core of the game.

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-25-2014

I do find it intriguing that people join a team game to play solo.

Dim Gremory

10-25-2014

Quote:
Hansiman:
I do find it intriguing that people join a team game to play solo.

It wouldn't be single player. You're still playing against someone else online. And again, I'm talking about a new mode, not changing the fundamentals of the game. Why is it so wrong that people log in LoL to play 1v1 if the mode will make some players happy?

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-25-2014

You are talking about single-player. You want to be able to play 1v1, which means that you are not dependent on a team.

This game is based on team-play. The very essence of team-play is having a team to play with.

People still host tournaments for 1v1 which you can join, and you can create custom 1v1's as well. Riot doesn't need to implement a mode for you to play it.

Onizuka

10-26-2014

Problem with 1v1 is that this game is balanced around 5v5 mode. Which would result in very uneven matches, with skill being only a small factor in victory.

Dim Gremory

10-26-2014

Quote:
Onizuka:
Problem with 1v1 is that this game is balanced around 5v5 mode. Which would result in very uneven matches, with skill being only a small factor in victory.

How is Jax vs Jax on the Howling Abyss not balanced? I mentioned a rule for this mode should be that both enemies pick the same champ. That's when true skill plays the biggest role.

Onizuka

10-26-2014

Oh, I missed that. That is the only way this could really work, with the same champ. But then it wouldnt be objective judgement of skill either.