Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm leaving games and I'm proud of it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adraenius

11-04-2014

A small update to my previous post. Now with 10 ranked games under my belt (finished my provisionals, hooray), and I had only one minor troll in my last game. I say minor because he only said "top or feed", but he didnt really mean it (its a long story, its enough to say that he wasnt toxic, it just appeared that way).
I dont know guys, 10 games is a very low specimen, but I think that the problem is more exagerrated in normals. Anyway, if thats the case, I will play only ranked from now on.

Tompreos

11-05-2014

If you leave, you are just joining those which you hate so much. Also you can't contribute on removing those negative persons 'cause you can't report 'em or teach 'em. And why play just for leaving? Sorry for bad english.

TseiCo

11-07-2014

Quote:
Adrenalotr:
I wouldn't want to play with you. You seem to think you're entitled to win every game, and entitled to throw the games you feel you can't win, with no regard for your teammates.

Trust me, the feeling is mutual. Nice blind assumptions you make and plain out make up stuff (as I've seen you do in your other posts as well).
Quote:
Adrenalotr:
And that kind of attitude is exacerbating any toxicity you come across in the game, so you're really just shooting yourself in the foot with it. Maybe I'm wrong about you. I hope I'm wrong.

Guess I need to repeat myself once more: For over 2 years I tried being the nice guy. Never saying anything even remotely negative to my teammates, trying my all to win up until the very last second and trying to tell them to focus on the game and stop blaming each others/me.

And be rewarded by how? 9/10 games get called noob every 15 seconds because I didn't gank all 3 lanes at once or for any of the previously mentioned reasons. Someone from my team ragequitting because they're plain bad players and did a 0/5 in under 5 mins and losing the game for my team with it. Someone picking a 2nd jungler/top/mid because they just want to play that lane, win or lose. People losing on purpose because they didn't get mid/top whatever they wanted, or because they think someone in the team is not good enough.

Being nice/just muting/trying to help/carry will NOT have any effect. And that's just a fact.

But hey, do keep on posting and telling me how bad I AM. It's hilarious to read your posts and see how you keep lifting that pedestial you've put yourself on. In every post remembering to highlight how good and how much better you are than anyone else.

Dextix LT

11-07-2014

Quote:
Trust me, the feeling is mutual. Nice blind assumptions you make and plain out make up stuff (as I've seen you do in your other posts as well).

Not a blind assumption, i can understand thats what you meant too. You basically said that if someone rages you will make him lose the game, instead of muting him. So, if you dont want to win, noone else will. Thats selfish, childish and overall stupid behaviour.

Quote:
Being nice/just muting/trying to help/carry will NOT have any effect. And that's just a fact.

A fact pulled out of your arse? Facts need data, data that justifies them. If there is no data, there is no fact. What you said now, is an assumption. Why do i say that?

Because being nice, muting and trying to help/carry is what wins games for me. Its my assumption which is completely different from yours.

You dare call this a fact? Do you even know what a fact is? Because thats not it. Where is the data to support this fact? And no, personal experience is not a fact, because every different person has different experience, thats why it is subjective, and therefore not usable for any fact.

Quote:

But hey, do keep on posting and telling me how bad I AM. It's hilarious to read your posts and see how you keep lifting that pedestial you've put yourself on. In every post remembering to highlight how good and how much better you are than anyone else.

And in every one of your posts you just show how much you hate people that you play with. How you are refusing to even try to win just because someone rages. Keep telling us how good and proud you are that you do that, and how stupid or bad we are just because we dont live in the world of black and white.

Your kind of behaviour is stupid, childish, and will get you banned. Riot gave you all the tools to evade flamers, if you cant use them, your problem. Noone elses.

Adrenalotr

11-07-2014

Quote:
TseiCo:
Nice blind assumptions you make and plain out make up stuff (as I've seen you do in your other posts as well).

Please show me one thing I've made up.

Quote:
Guess I need to repeat myself once more: For over 2 years I tried being the nice guy. Never saying anything even remotely negative to my teammates, trying my all to win up until the very last second and trying to tell them to focus on the game and stop blaming each others/me.

And be rewarded by how? 9/10 games get called noob every 15 seconds because I didn't gank all 3 lanes at once or for any of the previously mentioned reasons. Someone from my team ragequitting because they're plain bad players and did a 0/5 in under 5 mins and losing the game for my team with it. Someone picking a 2nd jungler/top/mid because they just want to play that lane, win or lose. People losing on purpose because they didn't get mid/top whatever they wanted, or because they think someone in the team is not good enough.

Your exaggerated account of your experience doesn't convince me. You're not entitled to win just because you're a well-behaved player. The game doesn't reward good behavior - although much bad behavior is punished by the nature of the game and its players necessitating teamwork (and also by al the systems Riot has in play to deal with negative behavior). Being a good guy doesn't entitle you to win more games. But it helps.

Quote:

That's not the experience I've had. For me it's worked just fine. Some games you can win, some games you can't. That's how the matchmaking works. But being positive eliminates, or at least mitigates, some of the problems you can have within your own team, thus reducing the number of games you lose to your own team sabotaging each other.

Also, you're using the term fact quite liberally. I could make the opposite assertion and call that a fact. That would be more accurate, due to psychology and the game necessitating a certain amount of teamwork, but it would still not be a literal fact.

Quote:

I don't know what posts you've read (please provide links), but my posts tend to be about how effective good behavior is (as well as its limitations), and the (albeit subjective) evidence of its effect on me during this season. If that's putting myself on a pedestal, sure. But it's a nice and surprisingly comfortable pedestal made of Gold that I got by not being an ass to my teammates or opponents.

Also, how am I lifting the pedestal if I've put myself on top of it? Did I also invent anti-gravity?

Onizuka

11-08-2014

Quote:
Nice blind assumptions you make and plain out make up stuff (as I've seen you do in your other posts as well).

Quote:

You should stop being hypocritical.