Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm leaving games and I'm proud of it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dextix LT

10-25-2014

Quote:
It's called giving advice to someone who's upset enough to create a thread about toxicity. Sounds like you got offended by some advice that wasn't even directed at you and hurried to defend the community(?). Do you know the difference between being a fan and being a fanatic?

No i did not get offended. From this post itself and your posts we can understand that you think that LOL's community is bad. Im just trying to say that thinking like that is bad, because the Toxic people in LOL are the minority, you just dont remember the guys which were normal.

And i know the difference. Yet, do you know the difference between critique and hate?

Dim Gremory

10-25-2014

Quote:
Dextix LT:
No i did not get offended. From this post itself and your posts we can understand that you think that LOL's community is bad. Im just trying to say that thinking like that is bad, because the Toxic people in LOL are the minority, you just dont remember the guys which were normal.

And i know the difference. Yet, do you know the difference between critique and hate?

You seem to misunderstand once again. I don't think LoL's community is bad, I think the toxic part of the community is bad. Isn't that self explanatory? Let me rephrase what I said in the simplest way:

In most games there is one or more toxic players. These toxic players are bad and yes, I do hate them. These toxic players are enough to make my experience negative because I encounter them in most games. Therefore, most games make me feel like I'm wasting my time and they get me in a bad mood. Wether I remember the normal players or not is irrelevant because the toxic "minority" still ruins my games.

I hope you understand now. If your next post indicates you don't, I'll assume you're trolling. Also, tell me why hating toxic players is wrong.

Dextix LT

10-26-2014

Then why dont you mute them and stop them from ruining their experience? Where is the problem here? I cant see it! If the minority is raging, you can mute that minority, like everyone else can, and not give a fck about them!

You have the tools to stop toxic slurrs from influencing you. Everyone does. So let me ask you again, whats the problem? You can stop that minority from ruining your games easily.

Plus, you did not talk about the minority of the community.

Quote:
Or you could just stop playing LoL until the community gets fixed

From this what you said, i understood that you are talking about the whole community. Thats why i am writing the way i do.

Dim Gremory

10-26-2014

Quote:
Dextix LT:
Then why dont you mute them and stop them from ruining their experience? Where is the problem here? I cant see it! If the minority is raging, you can mute that minority, like everyone else can, and not give a fck about them!

You have the tools to stop toxic slurrs from influencing you. Everyone does. So let me ask you again, whats the problem? You can stop that minority from ruining your games easily.

Are you joking? Even if I mute them, my teammates won't. The toxicity spreads as they start fighting with each other and they focus more on flaming and arguing than on playing and winning. The mute button doesen't fix the problem, it coats it. Again, the problem is not that someone will flame me, the problem is that the toxic person will influence the other team members and the game will be lost from inside.

Quote:
Dextix LT:
Plus, you did not talk about the minority of the community. From this what you said, i understood that you are talking about the whole community. Thats why i am writing the way i do.

It's self explanatory that you only need to fix the part of the community that needs fixing.

EDIT: You keep referring to the toxic players as a "minority" as if they're not present in most games we play. Even if they are a minority, they're constantly there to ruin your games. 1 person per game is usually enough so don't get reassured just because Riot keeps reminding you toxic players are a minority. It makes no difference.

Dextix LT

10-26-2014

Look Grem, im not defending Riot or anything, i really think they make many retarded decisions lately which i certainly dont like, but i can cut them some slack. Reforming a playerbase this big, while being a F2p game with no restrictions with acc creating and also having quite a young playerbase in my opinion is a really hard job, impposible maybe.

They gave us all a tool. A mute button. To stop any raging from happening. ALL of us should use it. If you mute the guy which rages, but your teammates dont. Thats their problem.

Quote:
Again, the problem is not that someone will flame me, the problem is that the toxic person will influence the other team members and the game will be lost from inside.

So tell your teammates to mute them if they cant do it on their own, or something like that. Be positive. Influence your teammates yourself, in a good way.

Reprom

10-26-2014

Some times there is no other option than leave. I agree with this guy. And im not saying when you are lossing of if your teamm8 is totaly negative. Im talking about people who (as h3xfire said) wish to some one family death, or wishing you to get cancer etc.

You just dont want give this person a victory.

Dextix LT

10-26-2014

Quote:
Some times there is no other option than leave. I agree with this guy. And im not saying when you are lossing of if your teamm8 is totaly negative. Im talking about people who (as h3xfire said) wish to some one family death, or wishing you to get cancer etc.

You just dont want give this person a victory.

So just for that you want to throw away your own victory and also risk getting banned by leave buster? Just mute the guy! Where the hell is the problem! Am i the only one in here who sees and uses the mute button at first sign of rage?

Dim Gremory

10-26-2014

Quote:
Dextix LT:
Look Grem, im not defending Riot or anything, i really think they make many retarded decisions lately which i certainly dont like, but i can cut them some slack. Reforming a playerbase this big, while being a F2p game with no restrictions with acc creating and also having quite a young playerbase in my opinion is a really hard job, impposible maybe.

I know. I remember you complaining about the chat restrictions. I just don't see why you don't agree with me on this one.
I didn't say it's Riot's fault, it's the community's fault. But the result is the same, negative experience. You said it yourself, it's almost impossible to fix this part of the community. That's what I'm saying (remember the "never?" part).

Quote:
Dextix LT:
They gave us all a tool. A mute button. To stop any raging from happening. ALL of us should use it. If you mute the guy which rages, but your teammates dont. Thats their problem.

This tool sucks. As I mentioned before, muting a player just makes his flaming invisible to you, it doesen't stop it.
If I mute the toxic player, but the others don't, it's not only their problem. The toxicity spreads and they all start flaming each other and I either have to mute them all and lose because of no communication OR become their parent and try making them stop which feels like a job and it's ruining my mood.

I'm starting to think players act different in plat or whatever elo you're at. There's no other reason I can think of you're not agreeing with.

P.S. What's with the downvote?

Dextix LT

10-26-2014

Quote:
I know. I remember you complaining about the chat restrictions. I just don't see why you don't agree with me on this one.
I didn't say it's Riot's fault, it's the community's fault. But the result is the same, negative experience. You said it yourself, it's almost impossible to fix this part of the community. That's what I'm saying (remember the "never?" part).

Well then i have to apologise, because from my position it looked like you were blaming riot for their inability to change the community, sorry for this misundrstanding from my part then.

Quote:
This tool sucks. As I mentioned before, muting a player just makes his flaming invisible to you, it doesen't stop it.
If I mute the toxic player, but the others don't, it's not only their problem. The toxicity spreads and they all start flaming each other and I either have to mute them all and lose because of no communication OR become their parent and try making them stop which feels like a job and it's ruining my mood.

While i agree the tool (mute) is not good, its all we got. And well, we all have the responsibility to use it if we need it. For now i cant think of a better tool ingame to stop things like these happening, exept removing the chat completely. Which is too drastic of a change i think.

Quote:
I'm starting to think players act different in plat or whatever elo you're at. There's no other reason I can think of you're not agreeing with.

Well i cant say that there is no toxicity here, there is , because at plat1/diamond5 everyne is really competative and on edge because in almost every game you have a promo guy in team. But, i meet many good people too.

And well, i have to say that i meet more positive people than negative. If i sometimes play bad, they keep my morale up, we all just laugh at eachother and have fun. IF someone is negative we stand for eachother and protect eachother. Of course there are also those games where you jsut want to take your mouse and throw it across the room, but overall, for me it has been a quite good experience.

(exept when i was in diamond 5, that place was really hell on earth, best experience in plat 1/2 at least for me)

Quote:
P.S. What's with the downvote?

Dont know, dont really use this system because there is no reason to. Gonna upvote if i see downvotes just to keep the balance tho.

Adrenalotr

10-26-2014

I don't think it's impossible to improve the community's behavior. Statistically, we're still dealing with the same 1% of actually toxic players, and a majority responsible for the majority of negative behaviors in the game. Riot have said that that the level of toxicity in the game isn't much different from similar games (by which I guess they mean competitive team games with randomly matched players). CoD is said to have a toxic playerbase too. I find it an indirect consequence of the games' size and online anonymity, but a direct consequence of how those two lead to people thinking their behavior has no consequences. Changing that perception just takes faster feedback, which is what RIot have promised with the new Tribunal (soon™).