Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm leaving games and I'm proud of it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dim Gremory

10-25-2014

Quote:
Dextix LT:
Then we should not play any Online pc games at all. BEcause every community in the world has toxic minority which eveyone always notices. But do you notice the good or neutral guys? Nope. Generalising is bad.

Have you played every video game in the world? If not, how do you know "every community in the world has a toxic minority"? Generalising is bad.

Noticing the 1 toxic person that is always present in my games is enough to render my experience negative. And it's rarely one person. I do notice the good players (they're ultra rare) and the neutral ones, but they're not enough to counter the constant toxicity and make me feel like I'm enjoying my time.

Dextix LT

10-25-2014

Quote:
Have you played every video game in the world? If not, how do you know "every community in the world has a toxic minority"? Generalising is bad.

BEcause i can make that assumption from facts and my own experience playing many online video games, i can also correlate this with the real life and its communities. Can you?

Quote:

Noticing the 1 toxic person that is always present in my games is enough to render my experience negative. And it's rarely one person. I do notice the good players (they're ultra rare) and the neutral ones, but they're not enough to counter the constant toxicity and make me feel like I'm enjoying my time.

So 1 person from god knows where, which you can easily mute/ignore renders your whole experience negative?

Quote:
Or you could just stop playing LoL until the community gets fixed (never?). Not worth the time imo.

In this, we have a statement. Which is bolded. And another statement which is in cursive. YOu cant correlate any of those with anything, neither can you make an assumtion, because you have nothing to assume from. How do you assume that this community never will get "fixed" (even if its not broken). And how do you assume that its not worth any time?

h3xfire

10-25-2014

Guess the only solution I can think of that can be considered polite is to use /mute all command at the start of the game. It has a drawback though, you won't be able to distinguish honorable player from the toxic player.
I'm having all chat diasabled for a year or so, pity you can't do the same with the team chat (by default). Pings should be enough to communicate.

I don't mind getting banned cause that means riot is actually doing something to improve the gaming experience. If they ban me for passive aggresion like saying 'gj' after someone dies like an idiot or leaving already lost game imagine what happens to ppl who flame all the time and call someone elses mother 'names'.

Dim Gremory

10-25-2014

Quote:
Dextix LT:
BEcause i can make that assumption from facts and my own experience playing many online video games, i can also correlate this with the real life and its communities.

So you just basically assume things. Good to know.

Quote:
Dextix LT:
So 1 person from god knows where, which you can easily mute/ignore renders your whole experience negative?

Please read my posts more carefully. I said it's usually more than one toxic person per game. Even if it is just one person, the entire game can get ruined because he can easily start a fight between team members just by flaming. Also, it is 1 or more toxic people in most games. I didn't say 1 person is ruining my entire league experience. Didn't think I needed to go that in-depth when I wrote that. Hope you get it now.

Quote:
Dextix LT:
In this, we have a statement. Which is bolded. And another statement which is in cursive. YOu cant correlate any of those with anything, neither can you make an assumtion, because you have nothing to assume from. How do you assume that this community never will get "fixed" (even if its not broken). And how do you assume that its not worth any time?

If you read more carefully, you'd notice a questionmark next to the word "never". That means this is a question, not an absolute opinion. Judging by my experience, the community's toxicity is the same as it used to be when I started playing seriously (early season 3). Anyone in their right mind would doubt that the toxicity will magically drop. Why would I assume it will go away when my experience says otherwise?

Also, I don't assume it's not worth my time, I know it isn't. Simply because when most of your games are basically one hour of you trying to win while your team is being toxic, you end up with -1 hour of your life, a negative experience and a bad mood for a couple more hours. Also, notice the "imo" at the end of my post.

Anyway. I get the feeling you're confused and you're posting just for the sake of posting. What was your post's point?

Dextix LT

10-25-2014

Quote:
Anyway. I get the feeling you're confused and you're posting just for the sake of posting. What was your post's point?

And whats yours may i ask? To say that LOL's community is toxic? That it interrupts your gameplay? Riot, gave you and all the people in game, specific tools to escape negativity, if you dont use them, thats your problem. Riot tries to make the community better, however its not easy to do that to the playerbase of LOL which is HUGE.

If you think LOL's community is toxic, please, go to DOTA2, where angry russians (Mostly used language in my games) call me all sorts of names and use voice chat in deragatory manner. I have encountered more toxicity on Dota than on LOL.

And also, if LOL and its community is not worth your time, what are you even doing here?

Dim Gremory

10-25-2014

Quote:
Dextix LT:
if LOL and its community is not worth your time, what are you even doing here?

It's called giving advice to someone who's upset enough to create a thread about toxicity. Sounds like you got offended by some advice that wasn't even directed at you and hurried to defend the community(?). Do you know the difference between being a fan and being a fanatic?

hoze56

10-25-2014

feeders ruin this game and riot dosent do nothing about that!!!!!!!

h3xfire

10-25-2014

Quote:
hoze56:
feeders ruin this game and riot dosent do nothing about that!!!!!!!

It's not about feeding man. Have you even read the thread? Anyone can have a bad game, flaming and cursing at those ppl is what's making it worse.

hoze56

10-25-2014

Quote:
h3xfire:
It's not about feeding man. Have you even read the thread? Anyone can have a bad game, flaming and cursing at those ppl is what's making it worse.

i will flaming and cursing if there is 1 dude who say he start feed now and game ends he have 3/27!

h3xfire

10-25-2014

Quote:
hoze56:
i will flaming and cursing if there is 1 dude who say he start feed now and game ends he have 3/27!

I got you but the point of this thread is that flamers make ppl troll or leave games. If I die 2 times because mid and jungle roamed and ganked me that does not mean I'm a retard. When I see people **** talk it's making me want to leave