Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Report = it will never happen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nithrakh

10-22-2014

Today i had a game with a really rude player. And after the game one my friend stated that he gonna report him. He answered: Who cares reports never gonna give me punishment its useless.

And the sad thing is more and more ppl start to think that way. Many toxic and non toxic players start to not care about report. Giving reports will not punish players it has no use.
Many of my friends also stopped reporting players for this reason they say that report dos nothing
Cant be something happen to get the feel that reports mean something or its lost its wonder?

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-22-2014

Greetings.

From what do you base the claim that reports do nothing?

If you take a look at the forums, you'll notice multiple threads from people complaining about being chat restricted. This is a result from being reported.

There's also a new system that prevents a player from playing ranked games if he is punished, due to being reported.

Adrenalotr

10-22-2014

Something _is_ being done. The new Tribunal will supposed to be faster and better equipped to handle different kinds of toxicity. Riot are also implementing things like the chat restrictions we've seen, ranked restrictions, and other punishments.

The idea that reports do nothing comes from a misconception about how the system works - the system is slow, and you don't get to see what happens to reported players, so you have no idea what's actually happening. meanwhile, that player could be one or two reports away from a chat restriction (or worse). Riot uses players' reports to identify the players who are the most toxic and evaluate those for punishment. This is how the tribunal worked back when it was up; the most reported players end up with their cases in the Tribunal.

What Riot should also be doing is to provide a report score, some way to track whether the players we've reported were punished yet. Not in the sense that we'd be able to follow individual players and see them get punished. It's enough that we'd see that our reports did something.

"You've reported 319 players
157 were only having a bad day (identified as positive or neutral players for which the reported behavior is atypical; could include false reports)
43 have been chat restricted
12 have ben ranked restricted
2 have been banned, temporarily or permanently (these punishments would be what most people would feel is the most important part)
14 are currently being judged by the Tribunal (also fairly important)
The remaining 91 are being evaluated" (also something care about)

Something like that would help a lot.

Adrenalotr

10-22-2014

Quote:
Hansiman:
There's also a new system that prevents a player from playing ranked games if he is punished, due to being reported.

I must have missed the announcement, or there were none. When did this go live?

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-22-2014

Quote:
Adrenalotr:
I must have missed the announcement, or there were none. When did this go live?

Not 100% sure it's live on EUNE yet. It's live on EUW and NA.

Nithrakh

10-22-2014

Well my problem is that many players don't see that a report works i see more and more players who say that i can report them as many time as i want they won't get punished
The most toxic player in the game even say that i soul report them and laugh at it

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-22-2014

Quote:
Nithrakh:
Well my problem is that many players don't see that a report works i see more and more players who say that i can report them as many time as i want they won't get punished

Just because they don't see that their report works, and that people say that it doesn't work; it doesn't make it true.

Reports are still being handled. It's a bigger problem if people stop reporting those who break the rules.

Pelynek

10-23-2014

Every troll who wish to ruin game just dont care... Tribunal is not working anymore and they know it and exploiting it

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-23-2014

Quote:
Pelynek:
Every troll who wish to ruin game just dont care... Tribunal is not working anymore and they know it and exploiting it

Exactly how are they exploiting it? Punishment systems for abusive behaviour is in place. And upcoming systems will be swifter and stricter when dealing with intentionally damaging game outcomes, and/or going afk.

Upcoming systems will also hinder a person from player ranked. Just because the visible Tribunal system is currently not up, doesn't mean that players are free to do what they want.

StiguFIN

10-24-2014

I'll just leave my own perspective about this subject.

If you'd ask from me, I'd say that the whole report system doesn't punish those who need it and it will work best for those who don't deserve it.

Since I've been playing a couple of games and I end-up in a game with 4 people premade and they force me to play adc (I am a horrible adc) and when I ask that can I be support, since I can't handle adc role, they just say: "No you are adc, we are 4 premade and you are going to fill"

So the game ends up me failing my role and they just keep on harassing and blaming me the whole game and in the end-screen I get a pop-up window that has a warning about me getting reported for verbal abuse. Like really? Only thing I said was that I would like to switch my adc role to support but they don't agree so I go with the flow and get reported.

This has been happening me quite many times and even when I have a bad day and I fail my role I instantly get reported for verbal abuse, even if I haven't said anything negative during the game. And when someone in my team is about to go afk or they just simply troll and I try to get them turn around and become useful, they just say: "Pff report me, idc Riot doesn't ban trolls. Hahaha n00b!"