Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ARAM - Constant leaving in champion select menu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NocturnalPenguin

10-18-2014

Greetings,

9 out of 10 times I play ARAM someone leaves champion select - since they dont like the campion or the team they get.
I play a lot of aram on daily basis, because mostly it's a short match and i can play a few times when i have a break from work or some other things.

if you somehow manage to get into a game, half of the time there is someone afk in your or enemy team.
this really defeats the purpose of "RANDOM" in "A-R-AM"

Dear Riot player behaviour team, consider the following:
since people are leaving because they don't like their champion, you should punish them with a penalty - when they play again in ARAM they should get the same champion they got last time they left champion select.

this will force them to play with that certain champion, and prevent unbalanced team comps that people get with "I will leave champion select until I get a team I can win with".

at the same time however, it will create another problem:
people will just go AFK at the start of the game.

so there really should be more severe penalty for going AFK,
the fact that its so common means they don't get punished enough.
ban them from game for 5 days or something, this is ruining the fun of others who want to play.

I hope you really consider this,
cheers

Adrenalotr

10-18-2014

I agree about keeping the same champion between failed ARAM games.

Afking, like leaving, is covered by LeaverBuster. If there's a lot more afking in games, the system would pick it up, and Riot could just increase punishment for it as deemed appropriate and effective.

Athari

10-19-2014

Some people just dont understand what RANDOM means. Mostly they dont leave, but they just cry "leave anyone pls", just braindead.

But biggest problem is the bug, disbanding the lobby and saying that summoner failed in champion select, even in banning phase.

Adrenalotr

10-19-2014

Not a bug, just the same message no matter how the lobby fails.

Someone didn't select champion - get "didn't select champion" message. Someone dodged - get "didn't select champion" message. I think Riot should update the message or have different messages depending on the reason the lobby disbanded, but there are bigger problems in the game than that.

Unicornqua

10-19-2014

To be honest, it's happening to me quite rarely. And I play ARAM a lot. If you leave ARAM, you can't queue up again for 15 minutes. Whích is longer than in any other queue.

Vijaya D Tomboy

10-24-2014

The more serious problem is when people afk in aram due to them not being able to play the given champ. Just be yolo and have fun, that's teh whole point of aram:random, stupid fun.
Plus am the only one who thinks aram is the best gamemode? No laning phase, no counter-picking,no wasting time just for getting 3 skills.

Trias000

Recruiter

10-25-2014

Quote:
NocturnalPenguin:
so there really should be more severe penalty for going AFK,
the fact that its so common means they don't get punished enough.

The punishment for afking is severe enough, so that people wouldn't go afk every time they get a champion they dislike.
Other than that, I agree that something needs to be done about people leaving the champion selection all the time in ARAM. It's annoying and it creates imbalances - people just try to get the perfect team composition and if you don't leave the lobby like they do and instead just accept whatever champion you get, you're usually screwed facing Caitlyn, Lux, Ziggs, Blitzcrank and Sona.

Trias000

Recruiter

10-25-2014

Quote:
Vijaya D Tomboy:
Plus am the only one who thinks aram is the best gamemode? No laning phase, no counter-picking,no wasting time just for getting 3 skills.

It has nowhere near as much strategy involved as Summoner's Rift, obviously. So it's more or less just a cluster****. And sometimes can be frustrating when the game is practically unwinnable given team compositions (especially with the abovementioned problem that people leave until they get such op composition in their team). But yea, it's pretty fun, from time to time at least.

Unicornqua

10-30-2014

Quote:
Vijaya D Tomboy:

I think so as well It's quick, it's fun and you don't need to think about what champion you will play. It's also good practise for teamfights and ability to play with what you got no matter if you are confortable with it or not. It's obviously fun mode, but that's what I love about it. Less stres.

Mjoww

10-30-2014

You should've seen before they released ARAM as a offical gamemode, back when you had to make an aram all by yourself in custom game and let people join.
No penalty or anything when people left. It was so rare to actually start a game back then unless you were 10man premade :P
But I agree with you mate. Increase the penality if someone leaves an ARAM game too often.