Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unskilled Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrTriffyBoy

10-15-2014

Hi i have few questions:

1. Why there is no filter between a Skilled and Unskilled players (ranked games)

For filters, RIOT, YOU CAN USE REAL STATISTICS SCORE LIKE:

MMR , KDA , and last one Skill Points.
(Just to match peoples with equals players.)

2. Why players with a LOW KDA and MMR are alowed to play Ranked Games (Bronze & Silver)

3. How , can we make other people to respect: Pickorder and Respect of other teammates.

Onizuka

10-15-2014

Quote:
1. Why there is no filter between a Skilled and Unskilled players (ranked games

MMR is all you need.
Everybody has a bad game.Even you That is why everybody is judged by the SUM of their games, thus MMR. Just because someone did poorly in your game, it is unfair for you to assume their are unskilled. After all , they have similar MMR to yours.

Quote:
For filters, RIOT, YOU CAN USE REAL STATISTICS SCORE LIKE:

MMR , KDA , and last one Skill Points.
(Just to match peoples with equals players.)

You want games where peoples objective is not to secure a win, but have good KDA which may result in lost games, that could have been easily won? Because that is how you get them. If the goal is to win, people will try to work together. If you reward certain kda more than other, then you will have selfish people. And who would play tanks/support? Nobody.

Quote:
2. Why players with a LOW KDA and MMR are alowed to play Ranked Games (Bronze & Silver)

Because that is the point of rankeds. Some are wore so they are ranked lower. You yourself are silver, so now imagine people from silver and bronze are restricted from playing rankeds. Boom, you cant play rankeds anymore, because you are worse than people in gold.
There is no need to restrict players like this, because the MMR will sort them out.
Quote:
3. How , can we make other people to respect: Pickorder and Respect of other teammates.

Pick order is endorsed by riot, if there are no other arrangements, then pick order is the way to go. If someone in champ select disagrees, take screenshot and include it in after game report.
And respect? You dont teach them, because you really cant. Just treat everybody as if they were sitting right in front of you and could kill you with one punch and are on a horrible roid rage. Dont say anything to other players that you wouldnt tell the roid raging killer.

Riverseeker

10-15-2014

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't matchmaking in ranked based on MMR already?
As for KDA if you scroll through some recent posts you will be able to find plenty of reasons why matchmaking based on KDA would totally ruin the gameplay. To sum it up, its that everyone would try to get more kills and let everyone else die rather than trying to win the game as best as they can. Also, KDA varies widely on the Role and specific champion, say for example the top lanner's KDA vs the support's.
As for Skill Points, I must admit that I am not familiar with them, so I can't say anything about that.

Sorry for my bad English

Adrenalotr

10-15-2014

Not just role, but also playstyle. You can play an aggressive jungle champ but mostly counterjungle and ward the enemy's jungle instead of ganking. You'll end up with less kills, but you'll still help your team a lot. You can play an aggressive support and get kills, or you can use that aggression just to zone out the enemy. You can play an adc on a team that doesn't protect you, so you die in fights. As was suggested in another thread, you can't even use averages for each role to distribute LP gains and losses.

A system based on MMR counts the team's ability to win, regardless of playstyles, regardless of circumstances. It's not perfect, but it's the best I've seen so far.

--

When it comes to respect for teammates, for pick order, for all those things; most players respect them already. Most. But even with a small number who doesn't, there's still a chance you'll get them on your team. Statistics say that if 25% players don't respect them, you'll get, on average, one such player per game. This is far from reality, where 98% of players are either positive or neutral, but those bad ones will crop up in something like 8% of your games, and there's always players who are having a bad day.

Riot on player types and toxic behavior (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nbYQ0AVVBGU#t=296).

Reprom

10-23-2014

1. Yes MMR. So if u calling other players in ranked unskilled, then you are one of them.

2. Cause that would be discrimination.

3. Right question is, Do you respect pickorder and other teammates?

If u want people to respect you, then respect them. So if they are unskilled, respekt them. k?