Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

EUNE migration is on its way!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dromaius

Associate Live Producer

10-10-2014

Hey guys,

We've said it before, but our main goal for 2014 is to provide you with the quality, reliable League of Legends service you deserve. We haven't posted any major status updates as of late, but rest assured that the efforts we've begun in our new Amsterdam data center are progressing according to plan, and the EUNE service will soon be getting a new home! Our engineers continue to work on all aspects of service migration and we should be ready to launch EUNE from the new location sometime in November of this year. We expect to have a firmer go-live date as the project nears completion.

Our Amsterdam data center already hosts the new EUW service, and our quality uptime has improved. EUNE stands to reap similar benefits from the facility’s new infrastructure, hardware solutions, stability and network security. This will enable us to safely increase EUNE's capacity, expand every part of the service, reduce patch deployment times and boost Internet connectivity.

Another important aspect of this his change involves the consolidation of the EUNE service - both platform and game servers - in Europe, removing the dependency between globally shared services and reducing vulnerability when third-party service providers experience disruptions.

Our teams in Europe and North America will continue working together to deliver on the promise we've made of increased service stability. Do note however that setting up a new data center is a massive undertaking, and while we are currently on track to complete it in the November timeframe, there's always the potential for unforeseen delays.

Stay tuned for more updates on the progress, final maintenance date and expected downtime involved in this transition for EUNE players. We appreciate your dedication to League of Legends. Thanks for playing!

Declined

10-10-2014

How will this impact our game experience?

With the transition of the game servers, how will this affect the forums, knowing you have a plan to to turn this into a 'read only' affair?

Dromaius

Associate Live Producer

10-10-2014

We will cover a bit more about what you can expect from this migration in a future update, keep an eye out for it!

The Forums are not covered by this migration, plans are separate but I am sure there will be communication on that front once things are getting in gear.

KeksPlazma

10-10-2014

Hey!Can we sell 3 times in new season???

Makos

10-10-2014

I dont see any server problems so i could say this is needless, unless its a sure fact that the servers won't get worse and that we will be getting better ping.

xXLoneLeeXx

10-10-2014

is this the reason why I am having above 300ms ping (which normally ranges from 115-150ms)for the past 2 days(just after the latest patch October 8, 2014)?I am currently living here in Saudi Arabia.

Desmond xMiles

10-10-2014

Do that mean Ill also get 20 more ping on EUNE aswell? So with this change Ill have to play on Russian servers becuase my ISP is mad with Amsterdam. Poor me , no one cares , im just a single soul in this difficult life, GG.

chris1997gr

10-10-2014

Ohh that's why i am lagging on EUNE :P

Anyway, check it out please, cause it doesn't make any sence

I got my community's gameserver hosted close to amsterdam, and i get way less ping than on LoL,

EG: avg ping on my server "50-60"
avg ping while in-game on LoL "100-spiking to 50000"

DimitrisTheGreat

10-10-2014

Would you suggest us creating a new EUW account and test our ping there?
Is any other way of testing ping on various regions?

10-10-2014

Can you tell us the location of the new Server Center. Or at least maybe give us an IP of an Server in that Datacenter to do a ping test?