Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Seriously Im Done !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Choda

10-28-2014

Have you also tought that it is also stupid that who goes where is determined by who says it first...
If he wants to go top and you want it too why cant you both its normal game
He wants it just as much as you do but in rankeds that is a problem tough

Adrenalotr

10-28-2014

In ranked it's explicitly stated to be pick order > call order, though.

Moppiseksi

10-28-2014

You cannot report player for playing non-meta.

I've had multiple on my s1 Smurf on EuW where another player also picked top when we had disagreement about which one called it first. I let it be, no flaming, played duo top. Won both times. I thought myself most of time "Okay, he takes that creep, so i can have this."

I had fun both times.

edit: Normal Draft: Call > Pick
Ranked Call < Pick

Also, I bet every single one of you have played 2-1-2 "meta" when you started playing LoL. What suddenly made your games so that you must solo top and if other player also wants to top, means he is troll?

Adrenalotr

10-28-2014

I've found that flame ruins more games than non-meta picks. The problem with 2-1-2, in ranked at least, is that you not only give up a potential source of gold for you team - the jungle - but you also provide no jungle pressure. The enemy jungler can freely gank lanes and farm your jungle. If you can't win top in this 2v1 situation, your team will enter the mid-game at a disadvantage. You also probably don't have Smite, which makes objective control more difficult. i wouldn't expect any early dragons, either. But most importantly, the team won't always be able to handle the 2-1-2 lane setup, and will be flaming. Bot and mid aren't getting ganks, and the two top players can't cooperate in lane. It descends into a flame war.

Many non-meta things _can_ work, but require that your teammates are okay with it.

Onizuka

10-29-2014

Quote:
Normal Draft: Call > Pick
Ranked Call < Pick

Wrong. In both pick order has priority over call order.

Unicornqua

10-30-2014

Quote:
THELORD9999:
Have you also tought that it is also stupid that who goes where is determined by who says it first...
If he wants to go top and you want it too why cant you both its normal game
He wants it just as much as you do but in rankeds that is a problem tough

Try ask nicely. It helps. But I agree that there is a problem if two people want something very much. There have to be some way how to determinate who will have to step away if you can't reason yourself. In draft there is a pick order to make that service.

If two have the same right for something but only one can get it, there are not many solutions. One just have to give it up. And being quicker (in blind pick) is as good as any other tool.

Onizuka

10-30-2014

Quote:
If two have the same right for something but only one can get it, there are not many solutions. One just have to give it up. And being quicker (in blind pick) is as good as any other tool.

But dont misinterpret this as "being quick in instalocking" no. Being quick in calling is what Unicornqua meant. Instalocking and not calling your role might as well end up with your ignite/tp vlad going support, because other people called their roles faster, and the only one left was support.

Adrenalotr

10-30-2014

This is why I don't play blind pick. I have enough arguments with the player who picks at the same time as me. Three more players to argue with about that does not make for a positive experience.