Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Give ban for smurfing finally

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T4underbolt

09-30-2014

Im done again. This time not only feeders and trolls in my team. Also enemy team had 3 people from plat or diamond from season 2. Is this a ****in joke? People create new accounts being in high divisions and they humiliate people on rankeds and also do this so their enemies cant climb higher within divisions. If someone is too low to climb in his own divisions like plat diamond or challenger its not the reason to create new account and make other people stuck or fall. Start banning people or get lost riot. Srsly. I hope other company will take over LoL and will make a justice and balance in this game as you dont care about anything except your wallet.

iAllan

09-30-2014

Yeah I know this often happens to me too ;D

Mjoww

10-01-2014

I dont think smurfing is against the rules but I do agree. Must be annoying to face someone that's better than you.
Although remember you can learn alot from playing against a smurf. Get some insights in how they play and how to improve yourself.
I have my own smurf over at west where I play just because I like to see how the competetive scene is over there!

Onizuka

10-01-2014

Smurfing is not bannable. And how do you know there were plat or diamond from season 2?

Adrenalotr

10-01-2014

Quote:
T4underbolt:
Im done again.

You're not very good at staying done.

Quote:
Start banning people or get lost riot. Srsly. I hope other company will take over LoL and will make a justice and balance in this game as you dont care about anything except your wallet.

Dude, you're hilarious. You start off the post acknowledging that you came back after last time you were "done", then spout hyperbolic statements about Riot's intentions that are demonstrably false. If Riot cared about nothing except their wallet, why isn't LoL pay-tp-win? Why are Riot developing tools identify feeders and flamers? Why does Riot not sell advertisement space on the LCS and Worlds streams? Why does Riot have a Player Behavior team?

Simple question: What is the result you're hoping to achieve with this post? Is your post an effective way to achieve that?

warmachine1

10-06-2014

As bad as it is, there is no 100% way to identify a smurf account. U cant just throw bans left & right.

SotaSieni

10-06-2014

Mad or super mad? My smurf doesnt probably have any effect to your games since you are B-G right?

Adrenalotr

10-07-2014

Quote:
warmachine1:
As bad as it is, there is no 100% way to identify a smurf account. U cant just throw bans left & right.

Using the same email address.

Email address verified from the same IP address.

Playing from the same IP address.

Both not playing at the same time, or not performing sufficiently well when playing both at the same time.

Linguistic cues, like similar behavior in chat.

RP bought with the same credit card/PayPal account/other identifiable means.

Factors like these make it easy for Riot to identify smurfs. You'd have do something like to play both accounts at the same time in ranked, and perform as you normally do, on both, in order to convince them otherwise.

warmachine1

10-07-2014

Quote:
Adrenalotr:
Using the same email address.

Email address verified from the same IP address.

Playing from the same IP address.

Both not playing at the same time, or not performing sufficiently well when playing both at the same time.

Linguistic cues, like similar behavior in chat.

RP bought with the same credit card/PayPal account/other identifiable means.

Factors like these make it easy for Riot to identify smurfs. You'd have do something like to play both accounts at the same time in ranked, and perform as you normally do, on both, in order to convince them otherwise.

What if my brother stopped plying while ago, we use same public IP, never bought RP & have similar attitude.
All this cant be considered enough to judge someone, barely to accuse someone.
How u check him then? ROIT Police?
Like I said, you would have to implement something like biometric checking witch would deter many ppl & cost a lot.

Adrenalotr

10-07-2014

Quote:
warmachine1:
What if my brother stopped plying while ago, we use same public IP, never bought RP & have similar attitude.
All this cant be considered enough to judge someone, barely to accuse someone.
How u check him then? ROIT Police?
Like I said, you would have to implement something like biometric checking witch would deter many ppl & cost a lot.

A different answer: what does the user agreement say about playing on other people's accounts? If your brother stopped playing a while ago, and only started playing again when your account is banned, that would raise a red flag on someone else using his account. You playing on it would make it a smurf account. They'd look for correlations between this returned player and the related, recently banned account, to see if they're the same player. If they are, they'll ban that one as well.

Riot likely has a database of accounts and the ties between them. Friends they've played with, and friends they haven't played with. Friends who have played simultaneously, friends who haven't. Friends from the same area, friends from afar. Friends added by name, friends added from "add friend" buttons in lobbies. Friends of friends who have never been online at the same time. Friends of friends who have performed terribly or inconsistently when they've been online at the same time. Players who are not friends, but have logged in from the same IP. IP's that a lot of people have logged in from, and all the players who have logged in from that IP. Players with ISPs that assign them dynamic or static IP addresses... From this they'd likely ban the main account and study the suspected smurfs if there's some suspicious new activity on them now that their suspected main was banned. If there is, they investigate further, and possibly ban those smurf accounts as well.

There's never a 100% certainty. But with their information, it's difficult to see how they would end up being wrong.