Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you like RIOT have a serious look on Gardanx?

Yes 50 81,97%
No 11 18,03%
Voters 61 .

[Champion Suggestion] Gardanx, the Abyssal Vanguard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artham99

12-21-2014

the way i see it, shouldn't the duration of his W debuff scale down instead of up as he levels up the ability?
meaning that instead of scaling 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 it should scale 4/3.5/3/2.5/2 since the ability is supposed to get stronger as the game progresses.

ShadowConfessor

12-22-2014

Quote:
Artham99:
the way i see it, shouldn't the duration of his W debuff scale down instead of up as he levels up the ability?
meaning that instead of scaling 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 it should scale 4/3.5/3/2.5/2 since the ability is supposed to get stronger as the game progresses.

I've considered about putting a fixed duration on both buff and debuff, but increasing its rank, I also increased the duration on both, because it's unfair imo to have a strong skill with only a little time to counteplay.

I see your point about late game empowerment, but I wanted to give equal time to act and be punished for activating the ability at the right or wrong moment.

E.g. if you activate the ability knowing that you'll gonna get a lot of damage, means that you used the ability at the right moment. However, if you simply activate the ability when unnecessary, the opponents should benefit from this mistake and punish you for making it.

I hope you got this

Ñielu2lehdus

12-23-2014

The concept of W feels interesting to me, the rest is rather generic. What concerns me, is damage scalings from defensive items. This will result in a heavy hitting tank, not necessarily the most balanced thing out there. Looking at someone like Ryze, who gains damage from mana, ends up quite problematic, as this usually spells he'll be tanky.

I'd go easier with these defense to offense scalings, allowing for more diverse builds, be it then attack damage or ability power based, while his utility could scale with his defensive properties.

You've put a lot of work into this, but I'd like to see even more fresh, thematically fitting and balanced ideas. Something that really defines this champion. Currently I feel I'm looking at something like Galio's evil brother. I know that its hard, I've been working on my own suggestions after all.

Artham99

12-23-2014

Quote:
ShadowConfessor:
I've considered about putting a fixed duration on both buff and debuff, but increasing its rank, I also increased the duration on both, because it's unfair imo to have a strong skill with only a little time to counteplay.

I see your point about late game empowerment, but I wanted to give equal time to act and be punished for activating the ability at the right or wrong moment.

E.g. if you activate the ability knowing that you'll gonna get a lot of damage, means that you used the ability at the right moment. However, if you simply activate the ability when unnecessary, the opponents should benefit from this mistake and punish you for making it.

I hope you got this
the way you explain it makes it feel obvious :)thank you for responding

ShadowConfessor

12-23-2014

Quote:
Ñielu2lehdus:
The concept of W feels interesting to me, the rest is rather generic.

Thanks for your opinion. It is much appreciated!

Quote:
What concerns me, is damage scalings from defensive items. This will result in a heavy hitting tank, not necessarily the most balanced thing out there. Looking at someone like Ryze, who gains damage from mana, ends up quite problematic, as this usually spells he'll be tanky.

Yes, I think this would be a problem too, but imo the League needs that kind of a champion (I'm not saying that it has to be Gardanx, I'm just saying they should release a champion like him).

Such as Taric, whose some abilities scale with his bonus Armor, inspired me to create a guy that fights via toughness (offensive defense).

I calculated all his stats and scallings, so that he won't simply buy one of a kind defensive items and go OP. E.g. if you troll and build 3 x Frozen Hearts + 3 x Thornmails (equals with 600 bonus Armor) his Q will deal 420 bonus damage, but you won't have either resistance to Magic Damage or mobility. Means that you can only shoot one Q to your opponent every 4 seconds, giving the time required for an AP assassin to 100-0 you.

Quote:
I'd go easier with these defense to offense scalings, allowing for more diverse builds, be it then attack damage or ability power based, while his utility could scale with his defensive properties.

I'm quite excited about this suggestion. I've considered about putting AD and AP scalling to Q, AP scalling to E and R, but I wasn't frustrated enough from his background. He is a tough fighter who survived from the Void, not a soldier who simply uses his sword/axe/spear to fight

Quote:
You've put a lot of work into this, but I'd like to see even more fresh, thematically fitting and balanced ideas. Something that really defines this champion. Currently I feel I'm looking at something like Galio's evil brother. I know that its hard, I've been working on my own suggestions after all.

Thanks again for your opinion. Judging from your preferences, I'm sure you'd like some of my other creations:

Nezalon, the Archmage of Demacia

Vospithran, the Inventor's Spark

Their Lores need rework, but I'm pretty sure you'll like their abilities

Have a nice day/night and Merry Christmas!!!

ShadowConfessor

12-23-2014

Quote:
Artham99:
the way you explain it makes it feel obvious :)thank you for responding

No, thank YOU for viewing my suggestion

yoniame

12-25-2014

so basically Aatrox+a flexible Galio

ShadowConfessor

12-26-2014

Quote:
yoniame:
so basically Aatrox+a flexible Galio

Can you explain how you came up to this result?

I wanna know cuz need your notes for reworks

TheLightBringer

12-26-2014

I really like the concept, but, I think he's really over powered.
Look at him - He can be full tank, deal tons of damage, bring a lot of utility, and have a tons of health.
Think of him as an enemy; at late game he's probably unkillable. Think of a fed Gardanx - he's ahead in gold, you're behind -> he's more tanky while you're behind -> he has more damage -> he is unkillable.
Again, I really like the concept, but he's quite strong. (It's like making Malphite's Q and R scale with his armor - he's gonna build armor and destroy teams)
Think of it.
Best luck, please visit my skin suggestion thread
http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=762676

ShadowConfessor

12-26-2014

Quote:
ArcaneKnight4:
I really like the concept, but, I think he's really over powered.
Look at him - He can be full tank, deal tons of damage, bring a lot of utility, and have a tons of health.
Think of him as an enemy; at late game he's probably unkillable. Think of a fed Gardanx - he's ahead in gold, you're behind -> he's more tanky while you're behind -> he has more damage -> he is unkillable.
Again, I really like the concept, but he's quite strong. (It's like making Malphite's Q and R scale with his armor - he's gonna build armor and destroy teams)
Think of it.
Best luck, please visit my skin suggestion thread
http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=762676

Many people said this about the defensive stats (Armor, Magic Resist, Hitpoints), so it seems the % scaling on the Abilities MUST be nerfed.

I'd really like RIOT to put a champion whose damage increases from defences (I know it sounds crazy, but increase a little bit the damage) because doesn't exist yet.

The damage scaling from defences can be decreased. It's not a problem.

Thank you for liking my idea.

I checked your suggestion for skin on Jarvan and even though I don't like Jarvan as champion I liked a lot your idea. Especially those hella lot quotes for everything

Happy new Year