Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Would you like RIOT have a serious look on Gardanx?

Yes 50 81,97%
No 11 18,03%
Voters 61 .

[Champion Suggestion] Gardanx, the Abyssal Vanguard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowConfessor

Senior Member

09-20-2014

8.2.2015

Moved to Boards!

Gardanx, the Abyssal Vanguard (Boards) (http://boards.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-creations-en/ZZYAMNze-champion-suggestion-gardanx-the-abyssal-vanguard)


~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~


Be welcome visiting the suggestion on the Boards and feel free to comment, rate, share, ask anything, correct any mistakes and give your opinion about him as well as suggesting reductions or increases on the stats.

Thanks for viewing

Have a nice day

IMAG0213.jpg

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMiniar

Member

09-21-2014

Love the champion.
Especialy love the /joke xD
All the abilities perfectly fit the game, not to overpowered
and I would love to see a mage who has to rely on armour/magic resist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowConfessor

Senior Member

09-21-2014

Quote:
xMiniar:
Love the champion.
Especialy love the /joke xD
All the abilities perfectly fit the game, not to overpowered
and I would love to see a mage who has to rely on armour/magic resist.


Hah! Thanks for viewing. He's not a mage. His primary role is tank, when he increases his damage from defensive stats. Another mage who relies on magic resist (only) is Galio. I don't remember if a mage who relies on Armor exists. My original idea was for him to be a top laner or support, but then I reworked him and made him focus on full tank items for both sustain and damage from abilities. I'm considering making his damage physical, because there aren't many items for magic resist (and if fully equipped with magic resist items I think that you won't have higher than 300 magic resist) and also ranged champions don't increase their magic resist per level.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xs3roN

Recruiter

09-22-2014

Hiho!

I cant stand the level of enjoyment after readin the lore, oh man, I love it, the fact its connected to The Preserver makes Gardanx The Preserver too, but I was disappointed how did they left The-Now-Known-Void, to easy I would say, it doesnt fit into the way Kass escaped, like u know, escaped The Void in his lore, besides of that - awesum lore. Not to mention the livin sword u have included, nice finishin touch as Darkin faction have potential.

What bout abilities & stats:
I'd see rather those number than urs, didnt checked rest of them that much.
Health: 450 (+87)
Armor: 20 (+4)
M.Resis: 30 (+0)

Abilites are nicely done, even ratios are fine, I see u wanted to split his abilites to focus on armor or MR mostly - I didnt saw that earlier and wanted to make Break Defence focus on Armor ratio but u did it with Abyssal Storm and thats fine, but as longer I think bout that I would swap the concept of ratios betweent those two abilites mentioned earlier - Q - (+0.5 Bonus Armor)(+0.5 Bonus MR) and E - Passive (0.65 Bonus Armor)(0.35 Bonus MR); Active: (0.35 Bonus Armor)(0.25 Bonus MR). The thing is name Break Defence reminds of armor rather than magic resist so ratios should represent that, but when we consider Gardanx is from The-Now-Known-Void magic resist is in favor so changin ability name to fit into the theme would be a good move. Still its ur concept, think bout it.

Quotes:
There are too little, especially those easter egg-ish, moar taunts, moar! Create taunts toward all Void creatures and dont forget bout Kassadin and Malzahar! Taunt doesnt need to be offesnive after all, u can make fun of somethin in it Make good use of this tip to create funny and entertainin taunts (I've made taunts toward 13 champions in my champ concept, just sayin )

Lookin forward!

Cheers!

~Xs3roN


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowConfessor

Senior Member

09-22-2014

Quote:
Xs3roN:
Hiho!

I cant stand the level of enjoyment after readin the lore, oh man, I love it, the fact its connected to The Preserver makes Gardanx The Preserver too, but I was disappointed how did they left The-Now-Known-Void, to easy I would say, it doesnt fit into the way Kass escaped, like u know, escaped The Void in his lore, besides of that - awesum lore. Not to mention the livin sword u have included, nice finishin touch as Darkin faction have potential.

What bout abilities & stats:
I'd see rather those number than urs, didnt checked rest of them that much.
Health: 450 (+87)
Armor: 20 (+4)
M.Resis: 30 (+0)

Abilites are nicely done, even ratios are fine, I see u wanted to split his abilites to focus on armor or MR mostly - I didnt saw that earlier and wanted to make Break Defence focus on Armor ratio but u did it with Abyssal Storm and thats fine, but as longer I think bout that I would swap the concept of ratios betweent those two abilites mentioned earlier - Q - (+0.5 Bonus Armor)(+0.5 Bonus MR) and E - Passive (0.65 Bonus Armor)(0.35 Bonus MR); Active: (0.35 Bonus Armor)(0.25 Bonus MR). The thing is name Break Defence reminds of armor rather than magic resist so ratios should represent that, but when we consider Gardanx is from The-Now-Known-Void magic resist is in favor so changin ability name to fit into the theme would be a good move. Still its ur concept, think bout it.

Quotes:
There are too little, especially those easter egg-ish, moar taunts, moar! Create taunts toward all Void creatures and dont forget bout Kassadin and Malzahar! Taunt doesnt need to be offesnive after all, u can make fun of somethin in it Make good use of this tip to create funny and entertainin taunts (I've made taunts toward 13 champions in my champ concept, just sayin )

Lookin forward!

Cheers!

~Xs3roN



Thanks for positive feedback!

Question: what is the preserver?

About the fact that I didn't describe their escape from the Void, is because I realised that the lore was huge and then I decided not to tell more about it (But I have something in my mind). Also, you might misunderstood that Gardanx isn't one of the five Darkins who remained. He is just a gifted man among the Magelords (whose enemies, the Protectorate, have been assisted by Aatrox and fought back, if you have read Aatrox'es lore). Now, about the living blade, I didn't say anything about it in the lore, but seems nice idea (great job).

The stats you are suggesting, refer to level 0 or level 1?

I guess they refer to level 1, because otherwise on level 1 Gardanx would have 24 Armor without madteries and tunes, which I think is too high, and also increasing his armor per level by 4. This is high as well. About magic resist, you suggest no increasing his magic resist per level. Well, this is very rare for a melee (because melees increase their magic resist by 1.25 per level)

About your suggestions regarding the abilities:
I think that swapping ratios wouldn't be great idea, because if you consider a guy who plays Gardanx full Armor, then his E active with 35% of bonus armor ratio would decrease the enemies' armor to 0. That's why I left it on 10% because, e.g. a troller with 5 thornmails would have 500 bonus armor apart from runes and masteries. With 35% ratio he could decrease his enemies' armor by 200 which is insanely high (even Taric uses 5% bonus armor ratio on his W to decrease the enemies' armor).
Now, about the ability's name, I couldn't thunk if a better one because defence is kinda general instead or armor which defines armor and resistance which defines magic resist.

I will put more thought on the suggestion about adding more taunts vs void creatures after this Friday. But, heh, if I add taunts for all Void champions, wouldn't it mean that Gardanx might kill them, because he escaped the Void.

Thanks for viewing my suggestion and saying such good words.

Please post a link here in order me or someone else wants to check your suggestion(s).

Thanks again and have a nice day!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xs3roN

Recruiter

09-22-2014

Quote:
ShadowConfessor:
Thanks for positive feedback!

Question: what is the preserver?
(...)
Thanks again and have a nice day!

What bout lore related stuff I've mentioned - after readin the lore, seein he would be friendly with Kassadin reminded me of how he fits into bein The Preserver, the one who stops The Void from spreadin, I would say, read Kass lore, do some research and it will be clear who The Preserver is. That escape in lore is the climax of The Preservers, so it would be important to create such one, a good one.

One thing bout void related champs, they all stacks somethin so its seems its mandatory for void theme, reconsider Gardanx spell kit.

What bout stats - decision for flat MR of 30 was taken of Kassadin, hes melee too and yet he doesnt gain that 1.25/lvl. Stats were written for 0, this is like fundamental in builds, Im not sure why did u thought I made them startin @1st lvl.

As I said, taunts doesnt need to mean somethin "to kill", they refer to that champion only

By livin sword I meant Aatrox himself as hes wieldin one and no, I didnt thought of Gardanx as one of Darkins, its like mentionin Malzahar by The Prophet or Swain by The Tactician

Cheers!

~Xs3roN


Imma hidin a
lil bit my concept
but here it is ↓
. (http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=735952)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowConfessor

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
Xs3roN:
What bout lore related stuff I've mentioned - after readin the lore, seein he would be friendly with Kassadin reminded me of how he fits into bein The Preserver, the one who stops The Void from spreadin, I would say, read Kass lore, do some research and it will be clear who The Preserver is. That escape in lore is the climax of The Preservers, so it would be important to create such one, a good one.

One thing bout void related champs, they all stacks somethin so its seems its mandatory for void theme, reconsider Gardanx spell kit.

What bout stats - decision for flat MR of 30 was taken of Kassadin, hes melee too and yet he doesnt gain that 1.25/lvl. Stats were written for 0, this is like fundamental in builds, Im not sure why did u thought I made them startin @1st lvl.

As I said, taunts doesnt need to mean somethin "to kill", they refer to that champion only

By livin sword I meant Aatrox himself as hes wieldin one and no, I didnt thought of Gardanx as one of Darkins, its like mentionin Malzahar by The Prophet or Swain by The Tactician

Cheers!

~Xs3roN


Imma hidin a
lil bit my concept
but here it is ↓
. (http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=735952)


Thanks for reply

I read about Kassadin's lore and now I see what the Preserver is.

Regarding Gardanx's abilities kit, don't forget that Gardanx is a human and not a Void creature. He only has his armor affected by the Void and not his fighting skills. I only thought about his ultimate's slow field to be a Void crater which you can step in and out of it (not like Jarvan's ultimate). The Void crater is supposed to pull everything inside, so the enemies would have reduced speed.

I see that Kassadin doesn't gain magic resist per level, but you see he has an ultimate which can cast every 5 seconds. By saying this I mean that he has an escaping tool (apart from flash) and also an engaging tool. He also is assassin, so he gets into battle spams his spells and then uses hos R to disengage. Imo he doesn't gain magic resist per level because he stays in the battle for a short and also he is a mage-assassin. How would it seem if he gained magic resist pet level? He would have no problem (and still hasn't imo) dealing with those pesky mages and kill them within 5 seconds.

I thought you made them from level 1 because 450+87 HP seems a lot to me
Also, like I said, 24 armor in level 1 without runes and masteries.

About taunts I'm gonna add some more after this Friday

Thanks for clarifying this about Gardanx and Aatrox in the end.

Thanks for viewing again and hope to see you soon!

P.S.: I'm gonna check your suggestion after this Friday


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xs3roN

Recruiter

09-23-2014

Quote:
ShadowConfessor:
Thanks for reply

I read about Kassadin's lore and now I see what the Preserver is.
(...)
P.S.: I'm gonna check your suggestion after this Friday

Check those articles below and think where Gardanx is placed with ur stats, hes tank/fighter and ur stats makes him worse than mages or assassins. Sort those charts and check what values what champs have, it will make image of stats clear:
Health chart (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_champions%27_health)
Armor chart (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_champions%27_armor)

What do u think now? Rammus with runes and masteries? At 1st level, how they could do that Or Akali, an assassin, it cannot be Knowin where ur champ should be is the key at choosin values. Go ahead and check other values of chosen ones

Kassadin isnt Void creature either. Hes also an assasin but his 20s CD on R makes him more strategic to play as u could roam like psycho when builded ROA and Seraph Embrace in the past. I just thought that Gardanx as The Preserver would have things same way as Kassadin, u know, the theme. I'll think bout makin one of Gardanx's abilities with stacks and still maintainin the overall concept of spell kit when I'll have some time for that

By this time? Lookin forward!

Cheers!

~Xs3roN


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowConfessor

Senior Member

09-23-2014

Quote:
Xs3roN:
Check those articles below and think where Gardanx is placed with ur stats...time for that

By this time? Lookin forward!

Cheers!

~Xs3roN


Thanks again. I'm going to increase his starting HP to 422, but not change his armor. Jarvan who is also a tank/fighter has similar armor.

Regarding Kassadin, I know he isn't a creature, but in Gardanx's eyes everything in the Void seemed creature-ly As you have read, he had his worries at the start, but then he is certain that Kassadin is a man. Btw they are friends too.

I'm going to make (or not) some serious changes to Gardanx this weekend.

Thanks again for replying and viewing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowConfessor

Senior Member

09-28-2014

Changed lore a bit (including confrontation with Malzahar) and also increased starting HP to 422 (from 382)