Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nerf vayne please :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fújin

12-03-2014

Quote:
XNoobVacuumX:
Shes the hardest adc if you look at the difficulty bar

Vayne's difficulty level is 7. Other Marksmen that have a higher difficulty level are: Ezreal, Draven, Urgot, Lucian.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_champions
Just sort them after the diff level.

T4underbolt

12-03-2014

Difficulty bar is BS. I cant believe people trust what riot says even though they made so many shi-t changes about champions, what proves they know really less about balance.

Vayne after 6 just simply turn on her ult -> invi -> stun you on the wall -> true dmg as hell -> dead. Sorry but Im not going to use flash or escape tool just because if she stuns you, youre dead. her true dmg is BS, fact she has also her passive with 2 seconds dash is also BS. Giving AD+even more passive boost is another BS with such kit she has and her stun- knock back is also BS. She has overloaded kit with things that allow her to run as well as reposition, assassinate , chase down enemy, stun him(sorry but wtf. ADC with stun? The only one with stun is Ashe but she has stun on cooldown long as hell and her kit is almost nothing, but no vayne has stun in less than 15 seconds and to addition all the other things etc). If champions has such mobility and stealth he cant have that hard CC and such powerfull true damage. Twitch has stealth but its not instant, he has true damage but not as BS as vayne, he also hasnt dash every 2 seconds.

The conclusion is that something must be taken away from her. True damage is op but the stun she has is also stupid. ADC are meant to wait for their tanks to CC enemy hard, yet she has her own CC. Sorry I forgot her dash has also additional dmg. Yeah. Even more balanced -.-

niraka

12-04-2014

Quote:
Tanamel:
sounds so much like bronze talks... vayne needs buff nowadays.. her range totally ruins her.. it is true that she becomes scary if she hits level 6 and gets att.speed but before that every adc can counter her so easy.. plus if a vayne player isnt good he will not be able to do damage while being safe so its either they do no damage or u can kill him so easy.. i think that vayne needs a buff on that range.. anyone can out range her.. im a diamond 4 player who mains vayne but after the last nerf she is so bad.

b4 u come and post something about range would u please check other adc ranges
rly every vayne player come and say something about her range being the lowest :S

Silent Gravelord

12-08-2014

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
Speaking in terms of mechanical and potential balance - this is wrong.

Vayne is the most powerful AD carry, so far. She has reposition on 2 second cooldown, provides stealth, provides AD boost, has steroid, her damage cannot be countered and has self-peel.

Vayne is indeed the most powerful AD carry concerning damage and assassinating enemy champions, but also has relative weaknesses. Due to her short range, it isn't hard to cc and blast her down in teamfights, even if she has the repositioning and stealth. You can still counter this with a pink ward. In lategame, Twitch can prove to be a much bigger threat simply because he enter the combat unnoticed and can stay at a relatively safe distance. Also, Vayne has to stick with a single target due to her w. This matter can also prove difficult in some cases.

Quote:

Vayne indeed is overpowered. But can be shut down since she is the AD carry. The problem is > she needs to be bad in order to get focused. A good Vayne will not be justified as balanced champion. Her early game is not even bad. It's mediocre. The only thing she doesn't have is Wave Clear, but that's something that almost no AD carry has.

Her short range and small poke with q makes her a weak laner. Any decent player with other adcs (excluding Twitch and Tristana, since they're also mid/lategame) can punish this and win the lane if played properly.

Quote:

And she has the best mechanics the AD might ever need. So... Yes. In terms of mechanics and potential, she is close to broken.

She has one of the best mechanics indeed, but as far as professional matches and my own experience goes, she is nothing close to broken.

Dextix LT

12-08-2014

Quote:
Due to her short range

She has a mediocre range for fck sakes how many times will we have to repeat that!!!

Quote:

She has one of the best mechanics indeed, but as far as professional matches and my own experience goes, she is nothing close to broken.

Oh no? an ability that scales from enemies max hp isnt op? Mhm.

Choda

12-09-2014

Im tired or building tank items cause they're just soo damn counterable by every god damn champ in this game.
Who ever came to an idea of giving an adc such mechanics and true damage should be fired.

Silent Gravelord

12-10-2014

Quote:
Dextix LT:
he has a mediocre range for fck sakes how many times will we have to repeat that!!!

Yes, indeed, base range is mediocre for her. But if you look at the overall picture, then as she does not possess the poke arsenal as other champions do, her only way of dealing damage is via her range. So she is very attack range dependent.

Let's take a look at some adc skillshot ranges:
Sivir's Boomerang Blade: RANGE: 1250
Corki's Missile Barrage: RANGE: 1225
Caitlyn's Piltover Peacemaker: RANGE: 1300
Jinx's Zap!: RANGE: 1500
It goes on.

All of these ad carries possess the tools granting them the ability to deal damage from afar. This makes it hard for Vayne to actually strike back.

Concerning teamfights, then Twitch can gain 300 bonus attack range (850 total range) with his Rat-Ta-Tat-Tat, making him relatively more useful in many situations simply because he can stay back.

Quote:
Dextix LT:

Oh no? an ability that scales from enemies max hp isnt op? Mhm.

No, it isn't. That's what's makes Vayne viable. You're only looking how much damage can one champion do against another. Overall balance doesn't work this way.

If your statement was true, then world/eu top teams would be using Vayne all the time. She can and has been used in top tier games, but not by a long shot has she proven to be op.

I am support main, I've played against Vayne many times and I have little trouble dealing with a Vayne.

Dextix LT

12-10-2014

Thats what makes vayne viable? Really? An ability that is UNCOUNTERABLE BY ANYTHING? YOu cant build hp, it scales of hp, you cant build defenses, coz its true damage! AS long as she doesnt become stupid before 6 she can easily kill anything she wants.

Enjutsu

12-11-2014

Quote:
Dextix LT:
Thats what makes vayne viable? Really? An ability that is UNCOUNTERABLE BY ANYTHING? YOu cant build hp, it scales of hp, you cant build defenses, coz its true damage! AS long as she doesnt become stupid before 6 she can easily kill anything she wants.

%hp true damage does sound strong by itself on paper, but in reality it's a mediocre ability. It takes 3 hits to proc it, which can be delayed with frozen heart and randuin and it only works on a single target if you accidently attack another target you mnust start all over again.
Most %hp damage abilitys deal over 15% hp magic damage while vayne's only 8%. It's true that part of thos 15% will be resisted, but in a balanced team, tank will most likly get only 1 MR item, which damage wise wil put %hp magic damage on pair with vayne's %hp true damnage, but only damage wise because other abilitys tend to be easier procced.
Of course there will be times when tank wil go heavily into MR, which will make %hp magic damage weaker while vayne's will stay the same, but the oposite can happen where tank will go only armor making %hp magic damage far superior to vayne's % true damage.

Silent Gravelord

12-11-2014

Quote:
Dextix LT:

A good counter method would be to crowd control Vayne and then simply shut her down. Damage isn't necessarily countered with pure health/resistance.

Think about Akali, Master Yi, Katarina. Do you counter them simply by making raw hp/armour/magic resist when they're fed? Or would you rather use a hard cc spell, and after that, burst them down instead?

What I see in professional level is teams picking Corki and Lucian, as they have nice early games and good mid-game power spikes. These champions have proven themselves to be more efficient in terms of overall usage.

Again, you are simply looking on one aspect written on an ability description, and seemingly as it states true percent damage, you assume the whole champion to be uncounterable.

Have you read guides how to counter someone? Have you watched World LCS? Or any kind of professional level gameplay? I've already repeated it, and I am going to repeat it again: I've played many, many times vs higher tier Vayne players, and I don't seem to lose against them having the feeling they are overpowered.