Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

For everyone suffering "unfair chat bans" - Riot response here, read it!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synval

05-23-2014

So, Riot actually replied (on NA forums ofc) what's up with the recent chat bans and there are some insightful posts about who got a ban, for what and why is it so.

Click here:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=47278348#47278348

Click the button "first Riot post" or "next Riot post" to see only red replies and not everything (since the thread is quite long).

Btw most important parts were:

Quote:
after reviewing a large sampling of the initial chat restrictions, the accuracy is greater than 99.9%--meaning, we didn't need to overturn or remove any chat restrictions.

For the guy who was saying sky is falling, soon automatic bans, this is unlikely.
Quote:
We actually use restricted chat bans because they are more effective than game bans. We find that game bans nudge a lot of players to create smurf accounts and simply shift their negative behaviors to low levels and overall, that's a worst experience for the community.

And most importantly, for everyone like the creator of the NA thread who said "why did I get chat ban, I'm not toxic" this was the reply:
Quote:
The team's been monitoring the forums pretty heavily seeing if some of the early restricted chat experiments may have had some false positives; in your case, it was very easy to pull up chat logs in the past where you called players "noobs," repeatedly told players to report someone, and using language like "wtf are you doing."

In the games, sometimes you retaliate and act toxic towards other players who are also toxic, but just because someone else is like that doesn't make it OK for you to be. In fact, in many of these types of games, both you and that player ended up with restricted chat games because you're creating a terrible experience for the (up to) 8 other players in the game.

So I hope this clears things out!

TLDR: Riot poster confirms recent chat bans were well deserved.

Miles Edgeworth

05-23-2014

I love you in a non-creepy, respectful way <3
Or maybe I'm just really grateful for this post, one of the two :3

Unicornqua

05-23-2014

Thank you for posting it here, I was about to post another source saying exactly the same. So if someone don't want to go through the forum, here is collection of Lyte's posts (the original source is the same tho): http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/05/red-post-collection-soraka-rework.html

kuanti

05-23-2014

Yeah ok i accept the fact that i was offensive (not the extreme way) but tbh Riot u have several reason s at the end of a game to report a player ,right?But also nobody get banned for example joining a game saying and i quote ''mid or feed'' or ''i go mid or i troll u all'' !!!!So excuse me but if he isnt getting a ban for this behavior in a Team based game where you supposed to communicate with others my only hope and anger relieve is to call him an idiot or just a waste of oxygen !!!!Iam not the kind of guy (anymore) that will rage for a guy dieng at his lane constantly but if its about to join a game to waste the time of 4 others ,then yes i will flame and i think the flaming would be reduced alot if u actually would ban or punish ppl for joining a game and their only purpose is to troll it cus they had a bad day!!!!
I know there is no rule that tells u what to pick for example u are last u have to pick support or a poper support not trynda support but u have alot of seconds to dsicuss it with ur team and if u refuse to do so in a bad way like 40% of my games then ,yes u sir deserve a fat punish!!!
I dont think my kind is rare and i also speak for a lot of players that try to make a pug grp into a communicating team but its hard if there are Trolls and yes if u have bad temper then it can escalate easy....i dont say my chatban wasnt deserved but i ask for justice and banwaves for Trolls that dont respect the time of others.

PS:Sorry for my bad english but i think i made my point clear.

Miles Edgeworth

05-23-2014

They do punish for that but they're not fortune tellers, it's not possible punish someone before they do something. Regardless of how much of a troll your teammate is you're not allowed to flame them.

kuanti

05-23-2014

Quote:
I will ult you:
They do punish for that but they're not fortune tellers, it's not possible punish someone before they do something. Regardless of how much of a troll your teammate is you're not allowed to flame them.

Yes therefore is the explanation at the end of a game when for example 2 ppl write the reason for the report

ArtofSings

11-01-2014

everyone call each other nabs ? if somone call me nab i call them back and did not reprot the mand the y report me i get chat ban ? or i call him noob after he said he wants my family dead ? and those guys dont have chat bans oh riot