Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[ Guide ] How the carry yourself out of Bronze/Silver and win more...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HUNDarkTemplar

05-08-2014

How to*

Hi guys. I watched some videos about carrying and playing lol like some gbay99, foxdroplol or sky and in the last days my mind changed about rankeds not, becaouse those videos, but something just went on, so now I dont rage as much and even winning more games, becaouse of it.

1. DONT FLAME AND RAGE
If ur saying to other player that he is noob, he will just play worse and if u blame ur teammates u will just not have teamplay to win the game. You get nothing, becaouse ur flaming instead of blaming others try to search mistakes in you. Maybe Its not you who lose the games, but u cant win all games.

2. Play to Improve and not to Win ( even in ranked )
Much likely they first, becaouse if ur playing to improve, then u'll rage less, becaouse u will not search mistakes in your teammeates cuz u'll dont care that much about the ending of the game, but u'll still win more, becaouse u will improve after that ur not searching mistakes in your team and u'll flame less.

3. Roaming
If u play mid or top, but even bot and u win your lane then dont just fkin sit on your lane but lets help your teammates, and dont just flame them, cuz they loose lanes. If u roam some u can take kills and even u can give kills for your team and even push after some succseful ganks and Its all just good for going to the win in the match.

4. Know How to Pick your Champs / Know ur limits
Dont just pick champs randomly, becaouse usually u'll dont have the same carry potentional as if u could if u try to get your main roles. Dont main just 1 role, but 2-3 roles are enough and have some champs what u can play. I see much players who counter pick Ryze on a fizz, then they get defeated, becaouse they can be good players overall even they can play Ryze, but our fizz can be an expert with several hundred games and he knows how to beat low elo counters. So before u pick a champ in ranked play as much as u can with him in normals so u will know how to use him and not just checking some build in mobafire and using ur q-w-e randomly one after one, but u'll learn to kite and outplay with those champs or if they dont have that good potentional at that, then u'll can play more defensively or agressively depended on that champ.

5. Learn to farm ( Atleast try )
You can say u can farm good, but mostly u can still improve, so just try to get as much cs as u can even if ur getting poked or ur the one who is trying to harras. You can easly learn farming in custom games. Try to poke the enemy, when he is trying to get a cs, but they can use that on you too so the next just comes ->

6. Focus on the Game
Still dont focus how ur teammates are bad, just focus on the game and on that how can u carry your teammates and help the team to win. And ye dont watch TV during lol or Atleast dont do it in ranked.

7. Watching LCS is good, but...
Still u need to know ur limits with champions. Just, becaouse u saw someone in lcs kiting all over with orianna and making some nice plays, dont just pick her in ranked, cuz pros play her then go in 0/10 in lane. ->

8. Fotm or not
Its still about picking... Dont play champs, just becaouse they are op, maybe they have good carry potentional, but first play champs what you enjoy and what u can play. There are players who can carry more games with a skarner, urgot viktor then with a xin or a yi. ( and FF just got nerfed )

9. Objectives
Dont forget these things. They can win games and even dont overrate them, cuz if ur going to making a risky dragon, then u can be caught too and the enemy can take ahead with the advantages of those fights. Always ward them and know if enemy can take an early dragon by solo and It is a good chance to get them. If ur loosing a fight at bot lane and they are going aways theres a chance they can be on dragon. Always focus on getting more and more objectives but dont throw the game, becaouse of them.

10. Warding
Like at 9. u need to ward and not just the dragon and baron pits. If ur blind its much harder to win a game or nearly impossible ( Atleast in higher elos ). If u get ganked cuz u didnt ward or didnt watch the minimap and u got caught its not your jungler's fault, but yours.

10. Crying about ganks for your jungler is not always the best thing
Dont blame your jungler, becaouse enemy ganks much. Ask him to gank, but I see so much times and its becaouse I play jungler much times, when someone is pushing WHOLE DAY, then he gets ganked and yes its the jungler's fault, cuz He is not helping bot lane. First of all if ur pushing u cant wait that ur jungler will just come here at level 6 and tower dive half hp enemies. Its not that easy... Its not the jungler's job to win your lanes.

11. If ur jungler is ganking then usually Its better if u prepare to that.
Sometimes the jungler ganks and then the jungler dies and he gets blamed and why? Cuz the laner didnt come and just farmed or something like that. Its not always the jungler's mistake ye, but Its much easier to gank with junglers If ur engaging just a bit before the jungler is arriving, becaouse the enemy will not focusing on the minimap and they will not see the jungler coming and its much easier to catch on for the jungler if theres already a fight, then If he would engage and then the laners late the fight.

12. Missing Laners
Never lose the focus from ur enemy laner. Say ss If he is gone cuz u can get blamed, becaouse u didnt say ss just, becaouse others are idiot to take a ward and still even if ur team does not say ss take down a fkin ward and always know u can be ganked anytime.

13. Dont be greedy
You can win ur lane, but then if ur enemy laner is smart he will wait for a mistake and then he will kill you and taking the lead. Still know ur limits, ward and dont be greedy, cuz it can cost games.

14. Communicate
If u need just ignore someone but usually communicate with ur team, cuz this can win games too. Say to the jungler which bushes are warded and, when he can come, call ss and ping for your teammates to retreat and say how to and when u'll engage or just w8 for me, dont engage without me and much like those. Teamplay OP

15. Never underestimate your enemies
Maybe u dont play ranked or even u play ranked and we can say maybe ur silver 1 and u get matched with a silver 3 / bronze 1 duo. Dont underestimate, cuz then u'll go greedy and how we know being greedy is not that good. Underestimating the enemy can lose games even in late game with retardly engaged teamfights or oh just takin this dragon, cuz I swear they have no ward or they are frightened to come, so u'll maybe get in a trap and killed with the dragon and they can make a lead in 5v4.

16. At late game usually stick to the team / dont solo
If u solo ur being greedy again. Dont just play safety in ur lane but even later. If u get caught at 50. minute what is really really AND just to say REALLY usual thing in low elo, then ur team will just go on 5v4 and maybe a won game can be carried by the enemy by the time or atleast u can lose ur advantages.

17. Invade / Counter jungle
Know which champs can be easly destroyed by counter jungling and which champs can counter jungle. With invade u can take first blood or even more, but atleas buffs. Still u can give first blood to the enemy, so dont do it alone but with your team. And If we are speaking about this usually its a better thing to start jungling at bot lane, becaouse ur bot lane will lose the half of the xp what ur top laner will. U can still start with red with lee in purple side, but if ur top laner has hard matchup or has good chances to first blood on level 2, just go on blue man... Invading is good, but it can give advantages to enemy too how I said, but there is a safer version too. If u know or think about where ur enemy jungler will start then go on his other buff. In lower elo its rarely defend or if it still dont go alone and now its first blood for u, becaouse if enemy starts with blue at the blue side then, usually just bot lane will def the red, but if u dont take the kills and they see u then enemy jungler will go to your buff after his is taken, so the best is be fast and take their buff before u get ganked if u get or just retreat and go on usual way and go fast to ur buff and catch the enemy jungler there. Sometimes enemy junglers are not trying to make risky plays and sometimes bot lane just afk go to lane then dont even def the buff in low elo so... Its always good to counter jungle If u know ur champ is viable to do that in the match up.

18. No more in my brain now, but for last... Know u cant win all games and u play with and versus other Human beings so still just dont flame cuz maybe they are not the best players, but u dont know them, dont know their day or how good person they can be. And just be smart as u can

EDIT:

19. When to start playing rankeds
Dont play ranked with 100-300 wins. I recommend at min 500 wins, becaouse of overall knowledge of game, cuz if u start playing, when ur not really in the game and 100-300 wins are really not that much then usually u'll get to bronze and if ur lucky maybe lower silver. If u have friends like who plays lol and He has some experience and he teaches u, then u can start playing rankeds faster if u feel ur prepared to try yourself in SoloQ.

20. Duo Q
Duo Q can really make ur win ratio go higher, but the best if u know ur partner in real life and he is a good friend, but u can play with someone who u just met in lol and u play a lot of with him. Try to Duo Q with players who are at the same skill where u are and try to get a partner who will not flame you when u will have some bad days. Duo bot is popular but its not always the best choice, cuz if ur not really a main supp or adc, then its better to go on other lanes, cuz u can win 2 lanes with ur friend and then the game can be easly won if 2 of 3 lanes are won and ur going to roam too and take objectives.

21. Mechanics
You dont really need these to get out of bronze. Even players in higher elo can be bad at some champion mechanics, but it can also increase ur winning chances. You will not need something like Orb walking in your lane with adc, in lower elos, but its good to have. You can learn mechanics easly in custom games. They are not that hard but they need to be practiced.

22. Positioning in teamfights / Focusing
These things are really important. I cant teach u position but its good to know that if ur adc u'll need to be at the back and trying to dodge the enemy spells and do as much dmg as u can. Timing is even important, It can be good even at focusing. Its good to know when to use ur ultimate to not get interrupted like Kata's or to safe a cc for kata ultimate. So its a good thing to know when to engage, how to do it and what to do during the fight.

23. Correct Builds
Builds are not fix things. Dont check a build on mobafire then spam that build always. Your build would need to be depended in the match up. Like if they have hard cc u can get mercury's treads( yes not with adc ... ), or if they have some fed X or Y champion or they go full ad team, then u need to utilize your build to get more overall potential, so your chances will be better to win.

24. Dont level up spells instantly on level 1
Becaouse of u need to cover a buff or going to invade and ur playing ahri on mid, its much better to have a taunt, then ur Q when u invade with teammates, cuz enemy will just not have enough time to flash and if he got the taunt its a secured 100% first blood.

25. Never surrend
Some time can be wasted, if u dont surrend, but there are games, where u 0/20 with ur team and u have the early champs and the enemy have some late game potentional champions, but still u can win, if ur trying to play safety and at late game 1 ace can be enough to win. Just watch when the enemy has a mistake, cuz on low elo players make much mistakes and if u know when and how u can just win the game even if they are really ahead of your team. Just think about, when ur winning a game and late ur team throws. Enemy will throw too sometimes. In higher elos players can end games, so the games are not that long there. There u can surrend much more times, but in lower elo games can be carried even, if everyone feeds in u team. Sometimes its impossible to do, if they try to dont throw and the match up gives advantages for them and not for you. But still dont surrend in lower elos.

26. Most of these tips are known and u say that wtf farming? Who does not know these things, but to say even, if u think u do these things what I mentioned If u cant climb, then the problem is that ur not playing at ur full potentional something like, u think u was best at mid but atm u are much better at top and still u spam mid if u can, or u just dont do what I mentioned just think u do.

27. Pro plays... Not always worth
Maybe u know better the game then ur teammates and maybe u know better, when to engage or where to go but Its not a 5 man premade game with a pro team, so If ur going to do something risky like stealing or going to enemy jungle and u know that it can win game, and u can go pro at the time, still dont do If ur team will not follow up. Its worse to play pro as alone and make the plays then just throw, ( you say its cuz team didnt follow up, but if i say its becaouse u didnt think about that maybe team does not wants to or cant follow up cuz they dont trust u that much ) then playing just good with ur team. SoloQ is not for the place to get all the chances, cuz If u can make a pro but risky play, If ur team does not follow up u will just throw the game. So dont be greedy If u know u can do something good to the team, but if u dont communicate with the team, u dont know if they will follow up. Then u will be the noob that ur going alone.

28. Healthy Body / Healthy mind
I saw this in a video and It is just a really good tip. If you can sport something and things like that, but even If u walk some before gaming that even helps your mind work better.

If u guys liked this guide and it helped dont forget to comment or/and giving a thumbs up, so others will know its worth to read it and I can know that It wasnt that useless that I wrote it, just sayin cuz this forum is really dead.S

And If someone can, just feel free to write more tips/advices in the comment section.

I hope u guys it helps and I know I am not a Plat/Diamond player, but for me Its good to know I am still climbing fast and these things helped me a lot. Have a nice day.)

MizuiroNo

05-08-2014

Good tips only 2 problems -

1) I do everything you mentioned

2) I don't play ranked because I feel like it's not for fun anymore.

Good luck for everyone else though~!

DemoneLorde

05-08-2014

Nice guide nice tips rlly usefull TY

HUNDarkTemplar

05-09-2014

Quote:
MizuiroNo:
Good tips only 2 problems -

1) I do everything you mentioned

2) I don't play ranked because I feel like it's not for fun anymore.

Good luck for everyone else though~!

Check the 26. point. To say to you that ranked games can be still fun. Just mute flamers and dont care about win. Play to improve not to win as I said then u'll not care much, but u will still do your best to win. I know these things what I wrote and still I am greedy sometimes and, if a higher elo player would watch ur games, I swear he would find some mistakes, just u dont know u do these. U think u do ur best at laning, but still ur not enough focused to the game always that u dont see that what u do bad. I can say I can farm and I know how to last hit and I last hit everyone minions on custom, but still If I am not focused on farming, just playing the game sometimes, I am finding that I am loosing cs, becaouse of worthless poking and being stupid.

Everyone can say He is not greedy, but there are always times, when u go to greedy. You just need to realise that in game too that not to be greedy so u will be focused on that, If its worth to engage now or I would be too greedy and could be caught easly.

HUNDarkTemplar

06-03-2014

Bump

HUNDarkTemplar

07-23-2014

Bump

iCROKILLER

07-24-2014

So what about afk players?

chokoboya

07-24-2014

Quote:
iCROKILLER:
So what about afk players?

Usually, you have no chance to win with AFK.

But if your team is beafy and have enough dmg, sometimes 4vs5 coudl win.
Usually vs squishy sets or if some one in enemy team is really new player.

Inquisitor Kane

07-24-2014

If the enemy can't close the game and you managed to farm up by defending against super minions, you may win team fight and push a little. I won 4v5 games that enemy did not close in time. But it is hard.

HUNDarkTemplar

07-31-2014

Bump.