Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HornyNerdboy

05-04-2014

So I know that people who play dominion are very scarce which leads to pretty high queue times, but can anybody please tell me what is happening here?

I haven't been playing much dominion lately, because to me it appears that I reached an elo where I wait in queue for a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of 45 minutes. I asked the other guys in champ select and they told me one of them waited 8 minutes, one 10 minutes etc.

I then checked lolnexus and saw that I played with 4 random people, 3 of us unranked, 2 of us in silver against 5 premade people, 2 of them diamond, 2 platinum, one unranked. The game lasted less than 10 minutes and we got stomped horribly.

The last few games of dominion I played looked rather similar in that I wait for ca. half an hour only to get stomped in 10 minutes. Is it that the longer i spend time in queue the more random people the matchmaking is gathering or what is happening here? Because this is everything but enjoyable.

xVARIANTx

05-07-2014

Same thing happens to me

PeteyS

05-09-2014

well the simplest answer is playerbase and time of the day.

a bit more complex is involving MMR, bit more here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4398900

and even more depth and complexity if you analyze the attachements.

no offence to the players exposed or you Variant.
and yeah at least some EUNE Dom high elo exists, for those who doubt about it.

xVARIANTx

05-10-2014

NP, I'd love to know my dominion elo but how do I figure it out from this? :O

PeteyS

05-11-2014

yes, you nailed the right question. Well the truth is you can "roughly estimate" a true value only by testing.

Go for the most populated time, soloQ, (if you need waiting time and player number
use http://http://queue.proreplays.net/#/eune , if its online and updated)

After getting into a match use http://http://summoning.net/ at loading the champs (just Alt+Tab it). or quickfind...

Note the results and make some calculations let's say every 10 game, an average etc.
Truth is even if we would have EUW population the values would be off, but with EUNE you can see in the two images that the difference is almost -500 elo. Normally i observed only +/-200.

A bit about MMR, besides the wiki info, as I remember from Fancy stream and NA forum, it doesn't fade with time, only slightly, and only by losing very much and tremendously in a row. Meaning you can see those 2k-3k winning number players from the 1st seasons... Once you climb your Qtime increases, but for the sake of discussion don t involve waiting time as a factor for elo, here on EUNE... finding a game the system begins searching at your real level, and it decreases if necessary searching for other 9 people, then it balances the two sides. Now normally it should pair you with others at your level but as our population is scarce magic thingies and twilight phenomenon do happen afterwards...

My observations so far:
-regulars and normal times should be considered during weekdays from afternoon to evening.
-early morning Q and late night is terror, with the waiting time.
-low MMR games are a just like elohell on SR.
-on weekends there is premade and SR-mainers infestation, which is sometimes bad, other times good: population growth, and seems to me that many have the necessary mechanics of the champs,better than some just dominion players, but no map and dom related experience, unfortunately. that is why you can lose or pumbstomp with or vs. even plats and diamonds. I have mixed feelings so far getting paired with them, no offence involved yet.
-MMR balancing is f***... on one side you can have a player with 2k wins and 4 other under 100 win people, and on the enemy team 5 people with average 200-300 wins, for the sake of debate I leave out w/l ratio, and real elo, just think of win/l nr = dom experience, in this case how can 1 person carry the whole team, even is skyhigh-elo.. now pls?
-many wins or positive w/l ratio doesn't mean that the person is a star, some high elos have the wrong mechanics or just chase for points and kills, or just have their raging habits.. etc.
-you are on your real level when you see the same people, vs or with, even after weeks, or when you play in rows for a few hours.
-if things "normal and regular", and you are in your dream game ) above 1.8k team rating you start to have quality games, people know the map, can use 4-1 meta if not bot ganking after losing windmill, you fight for 20min+, they HAD or NOW can use revive, and they don't rage at the tank/supp/adc for losing the game, and yep they have jungle control or vision...also some don't spam playing OP champs, or immorally climbing by premading with high elos for pubstomp in under 10min.. still no offence here

A bit about summoning.net and actual EUNE dom things,

I don't know if their formula for calculating and feed is ok or not, or if it is approved by riot, as a tool I like it, you can spectate with it too, I snipe some NA games and our EUNE high elos at dominion, all for learning. EUW is interesting too. It works for SR and TT as well.
And you can make connection/presumptions at the beginning of game... if you have the grey matter for it.
I'd say if in this jungle you enjoy most of your games, you win most of your games against the odds, you make friends, and rest usually above 1.8k team mmr you're set. And if you see many times my "favorite" 4-5 premades or partly them (1st attached pic) you're high cheesecake/highish-elo.

For the sake of discussion or future ones, this is a friendly/informative post, compared to NA forum some EUs tend to jump here or ingame hot-blooded to attack or to defend their "virtual" image and skill level, please, have the grey matter and understand irony or subtlety sometimes. Understand that using summoning.net or lolking should be about getting better at the builds and mechanincs to have quality games, and not sniping, also i mention NA not for copy+pasterino but because they have a strong dom scene since 1st season, if they say revive, penetration and cdr.. they know something, by experience, judge only after building the same way. A game should be about fun, and we all learn from each other. There is no normal,better EUNE/sr/aram/dom community unless you try to build one.
Feel free to post, I'm on the learning curve as well, or after trying to determine things with the websites mentioned above.

xVARIANTx

05-11-2014

Thank you for the info. Though I don't know if there's a way to reliably find my dom elo Just as a rant, I have the say most of the games are very unenjoyable. Getting frequently matched against diamonds while not having any diamonds on my team makes quite a difference. People on the team just can't sync as well as a team with multiple high elos. Yet, these diamonds get a completely fresh elo when they join dominion though they obviously know quite about every other aspect of the game except the map while silvers may not know much of anything. I just wish Eu Ne didn't give the impression that dominion has been abandoned by riot. There should be some sort of pop-up that says 'play at your own risk'