Singed QoL Updates Needed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghostwheel

21-04-2014

So let's talk about our favorite chemist, Singed. He's personally my main--I love how he plays. He just... so awesome. But he's got some things that mark of very old design that would be very easy to fix. So I propose having these two things changed that I think would put him in a great place and maybe even get him seen in LCS again.

And no, no, I'm not talking about increasing the damage on his abilities, making them stronger, or giving him back tenacity on his ult. Those would be nice, but Riot nerfed some of his kit for a reason. These would be strictly QoL changes that are, IMO, very needed as someone who mains Singed.

First thing is his throw range. Compared to many other "melee" abilities, its range is terrible (125 units). In fact, when playing against olaf, he can use Reckless Swing (325 units) on me and still run away even with the cast time when I'm not slowed, all the while I've got him selected for Fling and don't catch him at all. Very frustrating.

A similar ability is Warwick's Hungering Strike (400 units). In fact, most "melee" activated abilities that aren't auto-attack enhancers have a much longer range than fling. So please, give it even +100-200 range, as it can feel very clunky right now.

Second is the casting time on his Mega Adhesive glue field. As more and more champions are being put out, casting times for abilities are becoming less and less prevalent on certain types of abilities. Vel'koz, Syndrya, and other characters have gotten abilities without casting times. I feel like Singed's glue field has a casting time because it was created during a time when the tech wasn't as well-developed as it is now, and it could gain a huge amount just removing the casting time from the glue field.

So Riot, plz. Not huge changes, mostly QoL, but I think it could be a huge bonus for Singed without changing his level of power too much.

tl;dr: Increase range on Fling slightly, and remove casting time on Mega Adhesive for Singed.

Cauliflower Ear

21-04-2014

Pretty good changes, I think would be great, because I dont see him often nowdays.

HighLanderPony

21-04-2014

With Rylai's and Ghost + ult, would make him too good, imo.

So reduce his power elsewhere if this happens.

Ghostwheel

21-04-2014

Rylai's he needs to buy, is AoE (reduced slow), his glue still takes a second to show up (so they can still dodge it), and he still needs to get into melee to catch you (he's going to have it whether or not his range is increased by 100 when he's chasing you).

He already had his power nerfed in the last changes to him--they removed Tenacity from his ult and gave nothing in return. On top of that, Twin Shadows, a previously-great anti-magic item for him was nerfed into the ground as far as Singed is concerned. It's another nerf, indirect sure, but still there.

God Himself

21-04-2014

I'll copy-pasterino what i posted on reddit:
The cast time on Mega Adhesive isnt that high, your enemies should always have the chance to dodge it otherwise it would be too strong.
Also, increasing the range of Fling would also make it a bit too strong as well, because it would make it even easier to fling the enemy's team carries into your teammates.
Keep in mind that when you fling a carry you displace it, dealing more than 400 BASE dmg while having the ability to slow it by 75% at the same time.