Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why does nobody play Dominion ?!?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freiza

04-06-2014

I absolutely LOVE this map and don`t see why so many people don`t like it. Can someone here who doesn`t play Dominion explain to me why ? I mean really, not judging or anything, I`m just curious. Is it the constant traveling from one spot to another that you don`t like ? Or maybe the viability of the game`s outcome ? Please explain.

TheGedas99

06-20-2014

Hi Freiza, well, I joined League i think at season 3 very end, and i only played 5v5, 3v3, urf, and tha one for all. One time i wanted to join the Dominion, queue time was 5 minutes... Server: EUNE

PeteyS

06-20-2014

@Freiza To answer your thread question, the truth is people are playing this mode. But only a few are worth of your time. Trolls, hobbits and toddlers play too. There are SR build-tryouts,free champ tryouts, casuals, regulars and elitist regulars. Well you have to play till you get to the casuals and above. I should say after 150-200 wins and pos w/l ratio things start to feel a bit more serious. Unfortunately many newcomers are put to this wall and turn away from this mode. And sometimes they are lazy to watch streams/check builds or guides to improve etc...

@Gedas. Qtime should be your last negative aspect. Btw 12pm-22pm CET i think the waiting time is acceptible, ofc BlindPick, and is increasing with elo climbing. EUNE dom population is very scarce, regulars are even scarcer, but after you start seeing the same people, who know what they are doing the mode is repaying your invested time.

Kizz My BlackAzz

07-04-2014

I feel really sorry for players who can't wait for 5 minutes in queue. They cant understand - if they'll leave queue, queue doesn't become shortly. Please, respect other players dont leave queue even for 5 min.
To answer your thread question(c), when aram map started here players just forgot how to play dominion. Sad, but true. I play almost every day for 2 years and i see so many guys who dont know what to do there... They just open the map and dont read about rules.

The Darkling

07-11-2014

Hehe well... I mean you are right about the thing that people should not leave and if they do it will make the queue longer but since my average waiting time in dominion queue is 20-30 min then you start to understand that it is really not worth the wait (since the time spent in queue is usually longer then time spent in game). I really like dominion (and I played a lot of it) but I do not think I like it that much (tho sometimes I still play it).

egzekutorpn2

07-12-2014

I love that map,that map is hard to play.But the problem is that the no one knows to play in this mode, and he is not something reklam as well as SR but again i i love him <3. Do you want to play with me

Meirans

07-16-2014

Yeah it sometimes just takes too long to play pvp dominion, and even then I don't know mechanics of dominion, I think those creeps passing entrances change score and well altars just dont let them pass, is that right?