Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Behind the Scenes on Featured Gameplay Modes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImbaerionPL

11-08-2013

That's pretty cool, I saw this in PBE videos, very laughable.
So, in main article one of your employees asked for ideas for new game modes.

(I've been waiting long for this day)

Here are some ideas:

Capture the flag: no turrets, just pick the flag and carry it to your base. Team wich scores, gets some points, weakening enemy nexus. Buffs and traps are scatterd on map.

Free for all: player with most kills wins when time's up. Newbies will be delighted given a possibility to show how pro they are. This can also have mode with an odd number of small teams of 2 or 3 players.

Area control: 3 points on map, two rounds. In one round one team is attacking, other is defending their points. Two points are available to capture at start, third becomes available after taking two first. Both teams have some level and additional gold at start. To win a round, team has to capture ALL three points in given time. Then roles switch. Match is won by team wich managed to win a round, or in case of draw, more points throughout whole game.

Survival mode: game starts as 1v1, no respawns, charcters begin at level 3. If a player dies, surviving one is pitted against 2 new opponents who join the match IN PROGRESS, if they manage to kill the opponent game is over. Shall they be defeated, game goes 3 weak vs 1 strong and so on. There should be no creeps, that could give gold or level, map itself should be just a normal arena like Colosseum.

Keteu

11-08-2013

WOW Awesome!!!

SouIGhost

Recruiter

11-08-2013

this will be for limited time or we we can play it forever ^^ ?

hir0higue

11-08-2013

Way more interesting than ARAM.

Terarex01

11-08-2013

Soooo.... I have an idea for a game mode in between Twisted Treeline and Summoners Rift... The map shape would look like a 8 but horizontaly (in an infinity shape symbol, ∞ sorta like this). There would be 3 turrets in the lanes (1 in the middle for each team and per 1 in the lower and upper lane, the same would be for both teams so it has a nice simetrical effect) and 3 turrets in the teams base (1 turret per inhibitor and 1 for a nexus). Jungle would be in the hole shaped parts of the map and in the middle of the map would be an elite boss ( 1 path from the end parts, before the middle, of the lane would take you to him). The map would be made for 2v2 with the regular Summoners Rift goal. Thanks for reading

fireOFball

11-09-2013

wow awesome mod!!!!!

hyuk9zzang

11-09-2013

I'd like to see the matchmaking queue for Howling Abyss, but this is gonna be amazing anyways!

Zvese

11-09-2013

Cool :d

evgeni20

11-09-2013

I love you Riot

SToRMBeaReR

Recruiter

11-09-2013

Do we get ip for this gamemode? So I can never play classic again