Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir relaunch heads to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communication

10-11-2013

We've already been talking about Sivir and our plans to relaunch her; now that she's heading to PBE, we wanted to discuss some of the reasoning behind her changes.

Art and Visuals: As one of the earliest champions in the game, Sivir's visuals and effects didn't match the look and feel of newer champs. We've designed her silhouette around her weapon and improved fidelity and readability of Sivir in-game, giving her an aesthetic that matches the battle-hardened mercenary personality she's always had. New effects on her abilities emphasize the boomerang-like nature of her weapon, and should make playing Sivir feel more like dashing around the fight tossing ricocheting blades and whittling enemies down from unexpected angles.

Creative: When we revisited Sivir's lore in preparation for her relaunch, we identified a few mysteries we could explore. Our goals were to clearly identify her place in the world and deliver on the mercenary fantasy inherent in her story. Generic battle platitudes and lack of deep motivation previously made it difficult to become personally invested in her successes or failures. We've added new voice-over that ties in to her expanded lore and relationships. With more of her back story and a glimpse into her possible future revealed, players will have more opportunities to learn about Sivir.

Gameplay: Sivir has a unique feel among ranged marksmen. She's a powerful counter to spell-reliant champs and offers different skills for teamfights than many marksmen with her ultimate and passive. It was extremely important to us to ensure that any changes to her kit preserved her ability to split-push, initiate and counter-initiate while opening up new options for Sivir players. With that in mind, Boomerang Blade and Spell Shield still operate the same way, with some slight tweaks as we continue to test her. Ricochet can bounce to more enemies, although it cannot hit the same target twice. On the Hunt was redesigned to deliver a massive move speed boost, no longer have a cast time and we've reduced the cooldown.

We'll go into more detail about all of the ability changes once she's closer to going live, but we're excited to see how players on the PBE use her new kit. As always, we're looking for your feedback along with the testing that'll help us squash any pesky bugs.

IchBinKage

10-11-2013

Looks great, shoulda given pax sirvir something special tho...

Nosdormou

10-11-2013

WoW the first skin looks so awsome i like that round thingy !!!

Yamian

Recruiter

10-11-2013

Can you please make her ultimate feel like an ultimate? The current version is pretty much underwhelming. The passive on it is OK-ish, but (enhanced) Shurelya as an active feels... just bad.

Also AA range buff would be nice. Even Darius' Apprehend has 540...

Korath2844

10-12-2013

The last one is cool

Fxhd

10-12-2013

Give her less mana cost. Whenever I am randomly playing Sivir I need to B after lvl 3 since I got no mana.

keradd94

10-13-2013

What do you think about adding an AA range to her ult while it's active? Maybe sth like 50/100/150 so with 3rd lvl ult she'd have Caitlyn's standard range for 10 (or 15?) seconds.

HighLanderPony

10-15-2013

Played her some, here are my thoughts.

Didn't expect the damage bonus from the W to be removed. That lowers her burst, and makes her use more mana than before to deal the same kind of damage. I'd love to have it back, even with lower values. Currently, there's very little incentive to level her W at all, or at least over her E, just because of this. She gets nothing out of it but a little CD decrease.

Her DPS was nerfed, since W doesn't give bonus damage any more, and she has way less AS built-in than before, because of the ult changes. I don't know how this is a good thing. She needs to deal damage since she lacks blinks or CC.

I feel like her W should go on CD when you cast it, not when the last shot was released. To increase her DPS a little.

She feels like she attacks really slowly. You need your usual AS items. Problem is, if you go that route, you can't reliably go the AD+CDR route which as you guys said, would be super fun. I think she needs more AS steroids or stronger ones if you wanted the CDR build to work. Skipping out on Zerkers just to get a little more CDR from the boots also feels pretty suboptimal playing an ADC.

Even if you do stick with the CDR build, the items aren't there. You'd need CD boots, and then waste some of the CDR or not hit the cap because of the CDR value on items and masteries. I'd love to see the first tier CDR mastery in offense give 5% total CDR, not 4%, or would love to see an AD item that gave 15% CDR (Ghostblade would be nice and wouldn't require making a new item).

Maybe buff her passive

My other idea to increase her DPS a little and to make up for the lack of AS (because ult doesn't give her AS for a whooping 15 secs or so any more), is to buff her passive. She could get an AS increase after every spellcast, scaling with champion level. It would also go well with the theme of her MS boost, and would let you guys take the awkward AS boost off her ult.

Nice job, I'm digging the visuals and that she has free spells now. Good luck with her!