Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IosephDracoDei

Recruiter

10-17-2013

Hey, Faux!

I'm Heimerdinger player only, probably the only one in the world. I'd lie if I said i didn't try other champs, but a long time ago and with intention to never do it again. Heimy is Heimy, after all!

I don't consider myself Heimer meister, but I have abundant experience with the champ and I would like to share my opinion on the rework. I kept myself updated up to the moment this is being written so I believe I didn't miss on anything I'll speak about. I'll refrain from mentioning numbers, expect on techmaturgical repair bots and turrets.

1. Techmaturgical Repair Bots

I like this passive. It's quite powerful, despite being very subtle. I like how it's buffed in the rework, although personally, I'd buff it a little bit more and return the tower healing. If it doesn't bother the game, there's no reason to remove it, and it does good. It doesn't force anyone to stand near the tower and it's a bonus when you're forced to be under it. My point is, just return that part of the passive, it does no damage and it's not game breaking.

2. H-28G Evolution Turrets

I like the rework of this ability, especially three turrets at level one. Small remarks here.

Make the HP bonus start at lvl 1 and add another 25 at lvl 18 to compensate. The starting health is too low, even with 3 turret possibility, because you need to set them up, and that takes time and effort to keep low HP turrets standing. The resists are good now that they're buffed considerably (80 AR/65 MR), but up that MR just by 5, please.

Buff the AA damage just a tiny bit. I know the 3 new turrets deal more damage than two old ones, but it's only on paper, live game is very different.

Lasers need to be faster. I agree with the warning, but you need to be able to kick them if you're warning them about the shot. Speed it up, it's way too slow now.

For Heimerdinger's sake, remove the sight of countdown timer to enemies. It's a bloody big giveaway that has no fun in it. Shutdown is okay (is asking for two more seconds really so bad?) and the new sight range on deactivated is close to good, buff it ever so slightly.

I've got and idea for particle effect. Make a gear spin around Heimy for every turret he's ready to deploy. It's better than the bolts that circle around and you can make the gears turn like wheels in the direction of spinning. I'd also make gears look like those on his passive icon, that type would look really nice.

2. Hextech Micro Rockets

Indeed, a very good ability. But if it's a skill shot, there's no need to shorten the range! Get it back to the old range, says me! It makes sense to have a long range for a skill shot, after all.

3. ch-1 Electron storm Grenade

I really like the speed and stun radius boost this grenade got. I'll have to try it for myself when it goes live, but I think it could a little bit faster. As for damage radius, man, come on, even Lux has more radius on her light ball! Get it bigger, it's really small now.

4. UPGRADE!!!

Nice. Really nice. I'll have to try this. Some suggestions from what I've heard and seen.

Make it heal the existing turrets, like the old ult. It should be a part of it that enhances something even before you choose the skill. It will help out a lot.

If RQ is ult, make the turret beefier and cc immune, especially to syndra and any other displacing effect. It's ult turret, make it feel like it. Also, two seconds increase, please?

RW stands for itself, I'd have to try this one to see if anything is amiss.

RE, see RW comment. Only thing, make it so the ult shows where will the two blasts after the first one be.

Make something special if people want to click RR! Come on, there's still time!

Overall, just make cooldowns on his abilities shorter! They need to be shorter, especially turret kit cooldown. If you want Heimy to be able to replace turrets, make it so, with those cd numbers it will be very hard. And come on, which other champ has so long cooldowns on skillshots? They're way too high!

That's it from me. I hope you've read all of this gigantic wall of text and that it helped you. I can't wait to try out the new kit Heimerdinger has!

PLACE YOUR TURRETS!!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but please, double the shutdown radius, if not triple it. It's way too short now.

IosephDracoDei

Recruiter

10-19-2013

Is no one interested in getting Faux to get here more by posting opinions?

P0LISH KID

10-22-2013

I love some og the features, but his turrets.. I don't like the idea of not farming while not in lane.. That was one of the best thing with Heimer he could push and protect a lane without being there.. And i still think his passive is weak, it doesn't even Work on Heimer himself! but otherwise nice work

IosephDracoDei

Recruiter

10-22-2013

New PBE sign up incoming! I'll be able to try out Heimerdinger!

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-22-2013

Just checking in, I was out sick yesterday and gone this morning :[

I've kept up on the thread but bugs have piled up in my absence, taking care of them will be my priority for the next day or so

Thrashling

10-23-2013

Bug report - when you die with ult active, it remains active after respawn. I think it should deactivate at death so the cooldown can run.

IosephDracoDei

Recruiter

10-23-2013

Quote:
Thrashling:
Bug report - when you die with ult active, it remains active after respawn. I think it should deactivate at death so the cooldown can run.

That's not a bug. You should be able to turn off the ult by pressing R again.