Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger rework on PBE today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
Foucz:
Last but not least how does his turrets interact with magic penetration and on hit effects ? The kit looks really fun and im looking foward to play with it and leave some feedback

Magic pen works with the whole turret, and Rylai's, Liandri's, and spellvamp work on the turret beams.

Alex DD

10-10-2013

(No PBE Account here)

What is this turret beam attack - can you briefly explain?

SupremeNexus

Recruiter

10-10-2013

His Q and E feel somehow the same, but I am really curious to see how would his W act in combat and actually look like Ultimate change might be the best, it was somehow useless before if the enemy just moves away from the turrets.

Will his look (visual upgrade) also be implemented into this patch?

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
SupremeNexus:
His Q and E feel somehow the same, but I am really curious to see how would his W act in combat and actually look like Ultimate change might be the best, it was somehow useless before if the enemy just moves away from the turrets.

Will his look (visual upgrade) also be implemented into this patch?

I put the answer to your question in the first post :3

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
Alex DD:
(No PBE Account here)

What is this turret beam attack - can you briefly explain?

It's a pass-through damaging skillshot that has a significant range advantage over the normal turret attack. The turret's charge is displayed with its resource bar, and it can fire when full ^^

ôléck

10-10-2013

Finally it pays off that I switched servers with this account !

My question and suggestion is, as I can't check heimer out myself, does he have a better teamfighting durability now?

The old heimers problem was simply that he couldn't do much in fights ( lategame ).

What the old donger did was simply placing his 2 turrets, activating ult, using his other 2 spells and then running around his turrets / watches how the fight slowly moves away from him.

The problem was most of the times that the fight just moves away from him and him beeing exposed without his turrets and cooldowns.

Something I looked really forward to was kind of a remake of the turrets so that they move alongside heimer ( with his ultimate activated ) and give him a slight movementspeedbonus so he can actually sustain his damage in fights later in the game and has kite/escape ability.

Did you think about trying something along these lines?

Nandig

10-10-2013

I was so afraid that this rework will destroy Heimer... but fortunately its awesome! Especially changed rockets (i loved them when i played as Heimer... not so much vs mister D(i)nger) and ult that gives him cool strategic choice and nice boost. Well see how it works out in practice. Looks good on "paper"! For me ideal Heimerdinger gameplay is about protecting himself and letting his turrets do their job.

One thing im not shure about:

Quote:
Places a Turret at target location. Turret attacks and beams prioritize Heimerdinger’s targets and enemies attacking Heimerdinger. Their Health increases with Heimerdinger’s champion level and they shut down eight seconds after he moves out of the area.

Heimerdinger generates a Turret Kit every 24/23/22/21/20 seconds (modified by CDR), and can hold up to 1/1/2/2/3 Kits at once.

Does it mean 3 turrets plated at the same time? <3 (4 with ult)
Or just 3 charges but less turrets and ult description means that ult just doesn't use up any charges?

Oh and turrets loosing power when Heimerdinged if too far: it will make balancing their damage/survivability possible. Great change.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
ôléck:
Finally it pays off that I switched servers with this account !

My question and suggestion is, as I can't check heimer out myself, does he have a better teamfighting durability now?

Durability? Hmm, not quite. Survivability? Absolutely ^^

Quote:
ôléck:

Something I looked really forward to was kind of a remake of the turrets so that they move alongside heimer ( with his ultimate activated ) and give him a slight movementspeedbonus so he can actually sustain his damage in fights later in the game and has kite/escape ability.

Did you think about trying something along these lines?

I did indeed! At the end of the day, the choice always came back to "dinger is stronger with turret pile" vs "dinger is better at moving around". Given those options, I always found myself tempted into making the turret stuff more awesome.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

10-10-2013

Quote:
Nandig:
Does it mean 3 turrets plated at the same time? <3 (4 with ult)

Yep! And thanks for the kind words ^^

Deltajugg

10-10-2013

Great Heimer changes, I love his concept. I have a question, tho. Can I place only one, additional ultimate turret, or is it possible that I might be able to put tons of them on the map with ultimate alone?

Also, as much as it wasn't really much of a gamechanger, I really liked the idea of Heimerdinger regenerating the allied turret's health as well.
I just love the new grenade and rockets, especially the rockets. DFG Heimer new meta I guess
I wish some cooldown reduction was included in his kit, tho, but it's something one can live with.