Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xerath, the Magus Ascendant Rework on PBE Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeGodly

10-11-2013

I made it shot and to the point;

In his taunt animation the enrgy is still in the form of the sarcofag even though the sarcofag exploaded.
The E should have impact animation.
Passive is good.
Q- Realy fun the kmehameha animation is just too good. (This is realy perfect)
R(ult)-THAT RANGE!!! The 2 things I love about Xerath are his range and sniping potential. It feels realy awsome and yet balanced with option to counterplay but the cooldown is definitly too high in the early levels.
W could use some small tweaks on the mana cost and delay.
E- I realy don't like that one. The old E was a reliable source of damage with option to stun and had interaction with his other skills which added that awsome combo feel to it.

TheZerglot

10-11-2013

Name his ultimate Deaht from above

Darche

10-11-2013

So, Xerath lost his immovable effect while using Ascension and he doesn't have his damage reduction. Did many people QQ'd about it?

EDIT: Now his Ascension missiles are too slow.

RMAndeloth

10-11-2013

My main mid laner is xerath (I main jungle, but he's my favourite mid).

2 things that I'm disappointed in:

The ult animation. Looks like he's spitting tiny water beams and sprinkling the enemy.

The charge time for q. I haven't played him, but have watched gameplay of him, and the q charge time looks IMMENSLY irritatingly long. I liked having his old q with no charge time. If you want to have his q like this, please consider lowering the charge time of it .

I would be very sad if I got back a champion that I don't like THAT much in place of my main mid laner.

(P.S.: His e isn't the most creative thing ever. I would've appreciated it being left mage chains, and it being some kind of chain net thrown out. Also, the missile speed is not that good :/.)

Nosdormou

10-11-2013

Quote:
RMAndeloth:
My main mid laner is xerath (I main jungle, but he's my favourite mid).

2 things that I'm disappointed in:

The ult animation. Looks like he's spitting tiny water beams and sprinkling the enemy.

The charge time for q. I haven't played him, but have watched gameplay of him, and the q charge time looks IMMENSLY irritatingly long. I liked having his old q with no charge time. If you want to have his q like this, please consider lowering the charge time of it .

I would be very sad if I got back a champion that I don't like THAT much in place of my main mid laner.

(P.S.: His e isn't the most creative thing ever. I would've appreciated it being left mage chains, and it being some kind of chain net thrown out. Also, the missile speed is not that good :/.)

I agree with the ulti It does need a rework on the animation but Q is just fine since you can move Xerath and not miss the champion.I find it intresting and better then before !

Vadhalal

Recruiter

10-12-2013

What is the counterplay against his ult?

Deltajugg

10-12-2013

Quote:
Vadhalal:
What is the counterplay against his ult?

Move

Xelnath

Systems Designer

10-12-2013

Quote:
Deltajugg:
Move

This seems pretty accurate. We're going to scale down the radius of the aoe slightly at rank 1 so its more dodgable if you have boots 1.

Deltajugg

10-13-2013

This is one of the disadvantages Xerath will surely have - all of his skills are skill-shot based.

With Ahri's W and R practically unavoidable manually (unless you're not in range ofc)
Kassadin's Q, W and R as well.
Fizz' barely ever avoidable R, Q, W
Ryze
and so on

Xerath seems to be at quite a disadvantage with all his skills being not target-lock based, and what's worse, with decent animation delay, that makes him screwed against insta-cast skillshots like Annie's ult, it would seem like, apart from the people excited about any change, his playerbase won't really change alot, as most of the current meta mid-laners seems to be just easier to play with similar game impact.

Let's just hope his range makes up for it effectively.

Vein

10-13-2013

Quote:
Deltajugg:
This is one of the disadvantages Xerath will surely have - all of his skills are skill-shot based.

With Ahri's W and R practically unavoidable manually (unless you're not in range ofc)
Kassadin's Q, W and R as well.
Fizz' barely ever avoidable R, Q, W
Ryze
and so on

Xerath seems to be at quite a disadvantage with all his skills being not target-lock based, and what's worse, with decent animation delay, that makes him screwed against insta-cast skillshots like Annie's ult, it would seem like, apart from the people excited about any change, his playerbase won't really change alot, as most of the current meta mid-laners seems to be just easier to play with similar game impact.

Let's just hope his range makes up for it effectively.

Exactly. Before the rework, mobility champions with blinks could counter Xerath by avoiding his Q and R, so he couldn't land a stun. Now when the stun is a skillshot, if Xerath misses that - hes pretty much screwed. He has too many counters in the mid lane, he can't win matchups if the opponents are decent and move between their casts. For instance Ahri, Gragas who has % dmg reduction and dash, Zed, Kass, Fizz, pretty much any popular mobility mid. Already pointed that out in my previous post.