Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends ranking system needs to improve. Here are my suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Filipinho821

08-22-2013

Dear Riot,
the ranking system with the tiers and divisions is nice in general. The problem is, that once you are in a bad position, it can be really hard and frustrating to get out of it.
Also there is another problem in League of Legends: Our community is quite bad, with endless flaming and spaming and especially in low rankings, where so often people do not consider what the team needs, but just play whatever they want to. So i have one suggestion how you could change this:
After every ranked game it has to be a duty for every player to honor the best player of the opposing team and the worst in general. Every player who gets a vote for playing good, gets more LP than the rest or loses less if he lost the game.
Every player who gets a report for beeing the worst player, loses more LP than the rest of the team. Everybody should see the votes and the current standings in the stats at the end of one game, but it should be hidden who voted for whom, so that the players cannot take revenge. The amount of the additionaly LP lost depends on how many voted for you to be the worst, so you loose a constant amount per vote. If, let's say, Player A votes for Player B to be the worst player and Player B votes Player A to be the worst, the vote of both does not count, and the players lose as many LP as the rest of the team. If Player A gets 2 votes, he loses so many LP, as if he would have only one vote.
And, you should also demote people to a worse tier, if they are too bad for the one they are in. Just give them a longer grace period than for divisions.

Here is another thing: We need a mechanism to check the games for leavers. Because it is really unfair if 4 players lose the same amount of LP as if they would be 5. So, if one player leaves and is not active for 30% of the match, he has to lose more LP than the others.

Filipinho821

08-23-2013

Please tell me your opinion

LVL100 CoSmo

09-19-2013

Hello !

I have same thoughts about your last paragraph, which indeed a solution should be found because it happens often to lose 15/20/25 LP while being 4on5. I really hope one day Riot will find the correct solution (because there are many similar ideas, but everything got it's pros and cons), a mix of all these suggestions by the community and of course experts.