Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some update suggestions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kostadin ILIEV

07-30-2013

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place for this topic so sorry if it is not.

Here are some stuff that I'd like to be in the next patch. I'll list them acording to how much I want them (the 1st one I want the most).

- Overall progress bar between the champion portraits of the teams when connecting to a game.
Make visible to the Summoners only their own Ping (already done) and progress %. For me would be easier to track only 1 value instead of 10 for how soon the game will start, also a bar would be easier to "read" instead of number. I think good place for that bar would be between the champion portraits where currently the "VS" is. The bar will represent the overall progress of all 10 (if 5v5 match) summoners - when 100% all ready to play. Maybe it could be done for the same reason that the ping was hidden.

- Ability icon when Champion is killed.
There currently are icons of the Champions involved in the kill. My suggestion is there to be a smaller icon of the ability that was used for the "last hit" or universal icon (same for every champion) if killed by basic (auto) attack. I talk about the icons that appear in the middle right of the screen, above the map. The icons could be some passives, items, summoner spells or whatever was last used for the kill.

- Kills log.
Sometimes in team-fights I lose track of who killed who and after the icons disapear there's no way to check (as far as i know). My suggestion on this one is to have something like ">Summoner Name (Champion) has slain Summoner Name (Champion) for Amount G." (G for Gold), in the chat.

- Chat Scroll.
Many times when I try to check Baron or Dragon times in the chat new entries auto-scroll the chat at the last entry and it's a bit pain to find an earlier entry and stick to it. There could be a toggleable option for auto-scrolling the chat.

When the chat is on and focused would be usefull if the Mouse Scroll scrolls the chat entries instead of zooming In and Out of the champion.

- Team Stats
A fancy time-line or just plain text at the end of the match for the objectives and the teams. How many Dragons, Barons and Buffs were taken for the team during the match, also total gold.

- Crowd Controler of the match.
Total seconds of Crowd Control spells used on enemy champions. This can be just like the other stats at the end of the match (Damage Dealt, Damage Taken, Gold, Time Spent Dead...).

- Kog'Maw's Q.
Kog'Maw is my favorite champion and I play both AD and AP with. In team-fights i try to keep distance and use my range to deal damage but Q has really small range compared to the other abilities and the basic attack (not sure about the basic attack itself or with W), I barely use it if i manage to positon well.
If this is intended and this is how it should be - Okay. But I'd love a bit more range on my Q : )

klun222

08-03-2013

I agree with kills log

Kostadin ILIEV

08-22-2013

Here are some more suggestions.

- Offline Play
For those who travel or have temporary no internet connection and still want to play/practice. It could be done by having a "Offline Mode" button under the "Play" button in the patcher (where you choose your region). Then you'll be asked for Summoner Name as if you first log in (no need for username or password), and then right into Champion Select (the other summoners will be bots of course...). The champions might be Random, the Recommended champions, All, last known Free Champion Rotation or if the password is stored localy the ones you've already unlocked.

- Ward Pings (already suggested by someone else)
I like the idea for having pings for wards for both "put ward, please" and "care, warded". I usually type this in chat and then ping for danger (or something...). Someone also suggested to have message in the chat if you ping Baron or Dragon with the ward ping to say "Baron/Dragon has been warded." or "Ward requested for Baron/Dragon.".

- Reports Tracker
I think if there is something like the Justice Review (Tribunal stuff), but for the Reports against you, might prevent players from being punished. It should be nothing personal like who reported you for what, just something like statistics ex. for the last 10 matches how many "Offensive Language" reports you have. If you notice that you're being reported for something you may want to change your attitude without the need of going to the tribunal and get warning or punishment.

- User Settings
For the ones (like me and my brother) who use the same PC to play LoL, would be really usefull if the settings were saved for each user separately, because we prefer different Key Bindings, Mouse Speed, Scroll Speed, even the Colorblind Mode toggle or the size and position of the Store window while in game (from the one you buy in-game items not champions, skins, runes...).

- Disable Chat
For me personally would be useful if there's Disable Chat option, like the one for the [ALL] chat. I do not prefer to play without the chat but for me is the better option if it removes all raging, flaming and toxic stuff. Currently I just mute all players at the beggining of the match which is no cool but i just play better that way... Also I have to deal with the notifications at the end for "Player was added to your ignore list.", although I unmute everyone at the end of the match, right before we win or lose...

And something else.
At the Kog'Maw' champion Tips for Playing Against Kog'Maw there's one that I don't quite understand:
"Bio-Arcane Barrage allows Kog'Maw to kill Baron Nashor extremely early. It can be valuable to ward Nashor when Kog'Maw completes his Bloodrazor."
I presume that Bloodrazor should be an item and when I browse the store for it the only result is Kitae's Bloodrazor which is not available on the Summoner's Rift... where the Baron Nashor is.

Kostadin ILIEV

08-27-2013

- New Patcher/Launcher/Client.

Bobrník

08-28-2013

Since loading screen before the match is the most boring part of the game ( I'm usually doing something else but when I'm away too long I might be late for the beginning of the match ), it would be nice if players could chat there. Since you can see other team champions, you could discuss strategy etc.

Kostadin ILIEV

08-28-2013

Yes indeed this would be useful.

Barty

09-07-2013

Bump! I totally agree with KBI - especially with his first thread and with ward pings.

Kostadin ILIEV

09-15-2013

- ARAM Reroll Button
Prevent this action picking same champions as before the reroll.
Example: I just played ARAM and I didn't fancy playing with the champion I got. Someone wanted to trade, we did then I Rerolled twice and ended up with the same champion as of after the trade. Result: 2 Rerolls gone and I'm still with the same champion... : P

Kostadin ILIEV

10-23-2013

- Settings Presets.
For Summoners like me and my brother who play on the same computer and prefer different settings it would be really usefull if there were Full Settings Presets that we can use instead of changing bunch of options every time we play after the other.
This would be usefull for the Summoners who play with different key bindings for the different champions.

- Lag Priority.
Recently i've lost Ranked matches because of some lag caused by too many players connected.
I think it will be better if the server focuses its resources to the Ranked matches when it detects too many connections so the first to experience interuption would be the players in Normal queue.

- Free Skin Rotation.
Along with the Free Champion Rotation there could be a Free Skin Rotation aswell for these champions.
You will be able to play with a certain Champion Skin while the Champion is in Free Champion Rotation.

/Minimap Recall Animation
Sometimes when a teammate recalls in a dangerous area for a moment i'm not really sure if he made it or if he got interupted, because for a brief moment after the recall animation ends the champion icon is still on the old location of the map (for sucessful recall). Please fix that.

/Enemy Champions in the Fog of War
Sometimes when enemy champions come out of the Fog of War their champion icon on the minimap is shown to be on some of the jungle camps briefly. You claimed that you've fixed that in some of the recent patches but i still experience it (current patch: 3.12).

/Play while in the Menu/Shop
Sometimes when i'm shopping i need to use pings for "Enemy missing" or gangs that my teammates haven't noticed but i can't. Please fix that.

/The new Menu UI
I like the new Menu but it doesn't seem ready for release.
* I experience some kind of glitches when hovering over some of the elements.
* If i want to change settings on multiple pages/tabs i have to apply some of the changes then go back to the menu and apply the others.
* In key bindings when i "Reset to Default" i have to apply then go back to the menu and make changes. Example: My brother prefers different key bindings so when i play i reset it to default but i want the range indicator On (at the bottom of the page/menu/tab) so after i press the reset to default button i have to apply then go back to the menu and tick the range indicator.
* Move Camera when Respawn doesn't work properly for me. Every time when i start a new match (doesn't matter if i restarted the client or not) i have to tick this option and then untick it again, otherwise it doesn't work. I mean it shows that it is unticked but the camera moves... Also (probably intentional) when it is unticked the camera moves after Recall. I would prefer not to.

Kostadin ILIEV

10-25-2013

/Free Vision
Sometimes when I look at some Jungle camps in the Fog of War and an enemy champion leaves the fog I see something like "blood splash" effect which tells me that the camp is cleared. For the red, blue and purple buffs you can tell but for dragon and other camps it is just free knowledge. Please fix that.