Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Celebrate esports with permanent summoner icons!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendCZ

07-11-2013

Quote:
TutelarCrib:
The game is free. You're not obligated to buy anything.
Spirit Guard Udyr is indeed delayed, but according to Riot, we will be rewarded in an unexpected way, as you can see here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3647704&page=40#39644694
Riot isn't obligated to give out gifts everytime they experience a problem with the game. They offer a completely free game, so be grateful of that, and be patient if they have problems.
20% of the price of the icons go to the teams themselves, the rest go to Esports. In what way, I'm not sure, but it's defienetely not going into Riot's pocket,

Finaly some clever guy maybe i was raged and uninformed ... i can admit that and sorry i am just raged from past and some patches you has to admit they screw something i say i defend them i am patient but ... i am not reader of the forum so i dont nothing about SGU i know its free i did not mean that that way ... i just think they growing into more bussines that before.

TutelarCrib

07-11-2013

Quote:
EizoCZ:
Finaly some clever guy maybe i was raged and uninformed ... i can admit that and sorry i am just raged from past and some patches you has to admit they screw something i say i defend them i am patient but ... i am not reader of the forum so i dont nothing about SGU i know its free i did not mean that that way ... i just think they growing into more bussines that before.

I see what you're saying mate. Reddit's a good place to hang out for that type of info, and it's overall a cool place.
Well, they have to make money somehow. They wouldn't excactly work for free. And seeing as the icons support E-Sports and the team itself, I don't see any reason not to buy an icon for the team(s) you support.

ClydeBeka

Recruiter

07-11-2013

Why do you changed SK Gaming's icon? A like the old one, the new one isnt my taste :-/

dark shadows1234

07-11-2013

when the fk is SGU will come out roit plz realse it already fk the new death animation we nead only the skin sorry if i sayed bad wards but i was waiting for it logg time also other people waiting for ITTTTTTTTTTT JEEZ

WeretII

07-11-2013

Werent they for free last time?

Cilveks3737

07-11-2013

Awesome! Just bought the Gambit icon! So great, good job Riot! Way to go!

Elayh

07-11-2013

How is the money coming to the teams? I mean you buy the icons for Riot Points which you have bought before for your money. So how do the money get to the teams?

AptexCz

Recruiter

07-11-2013

I think it should be cheaper... Really guys you better buy skin in sale for 260 than spend money for some icon... I know that you won't use it forever. You will change it one time.

Master Dino

07-11-2013

I'd really like to get one icon for free, I don't think its worth wasting rp on it.

Oglaf

07-11-2013

Screw that:bring on the new Udyr skin already!