Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tribunal FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paul1013

11-14-2013

Paul1013

11-14-2013

:/ xD xP

AnimaLT

12-27-2013

hello anyone riot online?plz help me again stupid feeders in ranked game

AnumanBC

12-28-2013

So...i went to tribunal ...(just wanted to read some funny chats)....3 ppl got reported for Verbal Abuse..or Spam...or Offensive language ....yet...they have't said a word .....whole game ...how can those cases get into tribunal?....Can u guys do something...like a tribunal for ppl whch reports for no reaso?

Onizuka

12-28-2013

Quote:
How can those cases get into tribunal?....Can u guys do something...like a tribunal for ppl whch reports for no reaso?

Do what? How about YOU do something.
This is your job to do something. If you dont find a case punishable, PARDON it, that is why you are in tribunal.
On top of that Riot already punishes people who falsely report others.

Lucasuper

12-29-2013

GohanCZ no one likes you,don't think you are smarter than the average player

Shadowfell

01-14-2014

Hi there. I'm comfused.
According to the summoners code, you should "leave no newbie behind", but at the same time, there is the option to report a player for being "unskilled".
How does those two hang together? One could assume that if you are lvl 30 you will (or at least should)automaticly have some skill, but on the other hand; since the game does offer xp for losses, and even victories takes the team and not the player into consideration when it comes to xp, there is theoreticly possible to be so bad(or have such bad luck with teams) that you havn't won a single game by the time you reach level 30.
Should you then be reported for not being able to grow in the pace other players think is ok, cause if so, again, how does that hang together with not leaving those people behind?

"But we have to realize, you honour, that quite frankly this leave no child behind law... It's leaving our kids behind!"
- Shirley Schmith, Boston Legal

Shadowfell

01-14-2014

Quote:
GohanCZ:
Do what? How about YOU do something.
This is your job to do something. If you dont find a case punishable, PARDON it, that is why you are in tribunal.
On top of that Riot already punishes people who falsely report others.

If so, isn't it allready done? Thereby nullifying the need for him to do something about it?:P
Also, what he asked for was to report the "fake-reporters", not to let the innocent goes, and that question interests me as well. Is there any exept out of after-chat where one can report a player if he is, say, a cronical flamer or false reporter?
(Can't tell you how many time ppl have asked for my report either for feeding unintentionally or simply because they didn't like my champ pick).
No disrespect intended, and good luck in your games:E
Yours truly//Shadowfell

Shadowfell

01-14-2014

I have a question about article 28.
Long before reading thi i realized that most of the times, the best idea is to take the highroad, however, i find that to my own personal judgement there is a few exeptions.
First off, let's say you're NOT being flamed, but your teammate is. Should i remain silent while he keep pushing down our mid with "nice feed", "omg, look at this ahri", "uninstall lol pls" and "go play<insert game trolls think is less skilldemanding than lol(including tetris)>? Cause when that happens to me, it feels dang good(can i say dang here?:S) to have a teammate flaming back at whoever been flaming me the past 20 mins for giving the enemy first blood.
Seccond, some ppl really push your buttons and sometimes it's very hard to keep your head cool. After a while you reach your limit and boil over, and on one hand i agree, you might bring the game down for other players, but on the other hand, that means the troll just won one, and is rewarded for pushing your buttons and possibly getting you banned.(seems like quite the motivation to troll, if that's your cup of tea)
Then we have the players who acctually think they are better than everyone else, and flame repeatedly for you not being able to keep up with their standards. Can anyone truly say that it doesn't feel a bit releiving to point out that "Yeah, i died to that gank but... so did you?". (Raise your hands, be honest) If that is the case, muting them can cripple your game as they will every once in a while also come with something helpfull like "bot riverbrush warded" or something.
And finally, according to article 32 i shouldn't have to mute them, but on the other hand, if i don't and get puhed beyond the brink, i might have a ban on me?
This is not my attempt to complain at the playerbase, the tribunal, the system or Riot themselves(awsome company btw), but rather my thoughts on the matter. Therefor i'm looking forward to any anwers, or just your own thoughts on the matter
Good luck in your games y'all!
Yours truly//Shadowfell

Unicornqua

01-15-2014

Unskilled reports are not getting to Tribunal, it's only informative and serve to improve matchmaking. It's for cases when you feel like some in your team is really low below level of others in team, it doesn't have to be newbie, it can be also boosted player and so on. Being unskilled will not get you banned, but I agree that having this report option is confusing.

You can't report someone for false reporting for one simple reason – you can't know if he reported you. Even if you get warning, you can't know who reported you. And when someone is asking to report you, it doesn't mean he will do that after game. Actually judging from Tribunal cases, people who are screaming "report report" are not reporting after game very often even when the report is justified. If someone is chronical flamer or constantly asking for reports you can report him after game.

And to your last question – mute button is here for you to use it if you feel like getting really angry. In that state of mind no useful info will help you more than mute him and calm down, get back your focus. Knowing where are wards will not help you if you can't concentrate well because of flamer. If someone is flamed, of course you can stand up for him, but you can do it in calm way. You can defend yourself (or anyone else) politely and calmely, there is no reason for flaming back and start acting like the original flamer, lowering yourself on his level. If you slip sometimes, you will not probably get enough reports to get to Tribunal, problem is only when you do it often. Tribunal have some tolerance, quite big if you ask me actually.