Ravenous Hydra for TALON?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BGdakataBG

Recruiter

25-06-2013

Hi guys! I want to ask you if Ravenous Hydra is good item for Talon. I have a discussion with my friend and he keeps on saying that this item "sucks" for Talon. I dissagree with that, because when I play on mid with talon, I get The Bloodthirster for first item and then Ravenous Hydra for second - it's good for farm, and also if you have stacked your BT, you will be able to kill the enemies in 1v2 fights. I just want your Opinion.

Last 5 stats Talon with Ravenous Hydra on MID:
2|1|0
15|2|11
9|1|6
2|0|0
13|3|7

DoubleSummon

25-06-2013

Not really a good item on talon since Talon is an AD caster and he needs all the AD he can get Hydra gives 25 less AD than a fully stacked BT and costs more than BT so it's better to just buy another BT if you want more dmg (but Penetration is better after you got the AD boost of BT)
The scores don't say too much since Talon benefits from this item.

Also hydra is designed for champions who use their autoattacks a lot Talon is a CD based champion rather than an AA one just like Kha'zix and Zed.

Hatchie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-06-2013

Well since he should be an assassin you can find plenty of better items.

BGdakataBG

Recruiter

25-06-2013

Thanks for your answer! But I really think that Hydra is more successfull item for teamfights in the late part of the game. Also you're right about the armor penetration, but two BT - i don't think it's good idea to buy two same items Also as I said - it's better for 1vs2 teamfights (For ex: if their jungler gank you).

DoubleSummon

25-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGdakataBG View Post
Thanks for your answer! But I really think that Hydra is more successfull item for teamfights in the late part of the game. Also you're right about the armor penetration, but two BT - i don't think it's good idea to buy two same items Also as I said - it's better for 1vs2 teamfights (For ex: if their jungler gank you).
Why not? they don't have any unique passive and they stack and give tons of AD if you want more burst and the enemy team isn't smart enough to have some armor go for it.

BGdakataBG

Recruiter

25-06-2013

You can check my guide here and see that I've enough items for damage.

Gundair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-06-2013

Hydra is actually pretty good. Also I saw WingsofdeathX build it and his arguments were:
1. It lets you farm efficiently W + 1 auto attack + active if needed
2. It gives you 3 attacks worth of damage in the auto attack, Q and active combo;
3. Still provides lifesteal like Bloodthirster, but let's push easier.

mommerbommer

26-06-2013

Talon is an assassin. He won't be the one in the center of the fights. It is not very good on him, because he doesnt really need AOE damage.

Knudi

26-06-2013

for me it just doesn't feel right. I saw a talon with trinity recently and I had the impresion something ain't right. He doesn't benefit from hydra that well like a fiora or olaf that use alot of aa. It's just like getting an abyssal for lux only for the mr or rylai just for more hp. She doesn't benefit from the items passive, so for me it's wasted gold for something you can't use to its full potential.

Cpt Apo

26-06-2013

Either bt or hydra. I would pick a hydra because if you die you don't lose stacks and with hydra active you got some additional burst.