Summoner Icons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJWolfBot

23-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaVeN09 View Post
Heeey maaan be calm, it's just an idea!
I know it is just an idea and I like that you suggest ideas, but give some limits to them. And being calm is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragic Positive View Post
I like your idea, HOWEVER:

I don't agree with any icons being brought back - those are supposed to be RARE and some people who strained themselves to get them might feel angry.

I agree with the idea of more icons and even the idea of "purchasable" icons for RP - NOT FOR IP. Many icons out there are not picked at all, not to mention that as soon as a person obtains any "event / rare / occasional" icon - his former free icons are NEVER selected again. They become way too unpopular for anyone to choose when you already obtained a "rare" choice of icon.

That's why I think it would be very nice to have a different icon system:
1, icons that are available at any time for everyone who plays the game, regardless of continent or conditions. - Those we have now (with worse design and art)
2, icons obtainable through in-game quests or other form of temporary conditions. Example is the recent Freljord and Festival occasions - Money-free but rare
3, icons that would be purchasable for anyone for RP, with better artwork than the free ones. The variety could be also wider and some icons could be added according to previous (and future) in-game Events for people, who missed them - so they won't feel like completely left out.

I'd like to hear your ideas and thoughts about it. It sure is an interesting topic and could lead to some thrilling changes in the future!
Great that you understand that League of Legends has a small amount of Icons, really like how people understand that.

As I already said in one of the replies, the event Icons are NOT coming back. Event Icons are rare and special and never shouldn't come back (except if Riot wants to...).

As the RP and IP, you also understand that the Icons would only be bought whit RP and not IP.

Great ideas from you and you propably also want more Icons. The default Icons seem really dull and we really need more and better Icons.

Tragic Positive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-06-2013

This thread is actually one of the very few intelligent and perspective discussions I have seen for a long time.
I'd give all my 5 cents for this thread to get to Riot staff.
It's not like I personally want more icons but I am aware of many people who surely want. It would be a great change in future. I always felt like I don't like almost any of the former icons. If I had the feeling, some other might have felt the same way.

DJWolfBot

23-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragic Positive View Post
This thread is actually one of the very few intelligent and perspective discussions I have seen for a long time.
I'd give all my 5 cents for this thread to get to Riot staff.
It's not like I personally want more icons but I am aware of many people who surely want. It would be a great change in future. I always felt like I don't like almost any of the former icons. If I had the feeling, some other might have felt the same way.
As I know you really want them too, it can be clearly seen from that reply.
But in another thing, great that you also understand that League of Legends requires more Summoner Icons. Good to see people interested in a great article like this, most of these articles are about just what champion to buy or buff or nerf a champ. It is just stupid to see those kinds of posts.

RaVeN09

25-06-2013

They can sell summoner icons what they're champions' profile photo.

DJWolfBot

25-06-2013

Quote:
They can sell summoner icons what they're champions' profile photo.
You mean like a champion Icon like from Ryze or Sona? That could also be possible.

RaVeN09

28-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWolfBot View Post
You mean like a champion Icon like from Ryze or Sona? That could also be possible.
Like this:
http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/site...n/icons/98.jpg

DJWolfBot

29-06-2013

Quote:
As an example that is my point. They could easily put those kind of icons to sale.

DJWolfBot

10-07-2013

There has been added a page to the store, called "Summoner Icons" (which propably was there during the harroween special). That might mean that they are going to add special icons to the store that might be permanent on the store.

That can happen.