Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Aatrox, the Darkin Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Runcore

06-11-2013

Quote:
0Duma0:
Tho i forgot to mention, Riot doesnt plan to make a lot of champs this year. Now that there were a lot of ppl waiting for this champ + it looks so op, it has everything you need, atk spd, vamp, dmg boost, gap closer and second life... Its going to sell well and it will be nerfed later on... back to our old strategy Riot, arent we?

This is basic problem. Riot is now making much immortal champs. Earlier it was privilege only for Anivia even she is balanced. Then Zac and now Aatrox. If Riot wants make army or immortal champs so than give immortality to all champs. In case of Aatrox is immortality total OP element. How opponent destroy champion which has, as 0Duma0 said, immortality, gap closer, life wamp, dmg and atk spd boost??? Totaly overpowered. Im 100% sure that after release everybody will be playing only Aatrox, getting triple-penta kills. Which champ can escape or defeat such OP champ? I hope that players will be smart and will be banning this OP sh*t on ranked games coz pick Aatrox = win game. I have tried Aatrox on PBE and I got easily quadra-penta kill even I play only mid champs and have no experience with top champs. If I can dominate game with Aatrox, then everybody can do it. I hope that nerf will come soon.

HighLanderPony

06-11-2013

Quote:
Runcore:

Anyone with CC, AS slows, and a healing debuff. :P He isn't hard to engage on or to flee from either. Deny his ability to autoattack you and he's toast.

Runcore

06-11-2013

With such a pasive there is 80% chance that Aatrox get first blood on top, then its only matter of time when Aatrox´s team win. I dont know now which champ can counter him on top. We will see when Aatrox release. I usualy dont write to forums that some champ is overpowered or underpowered but on this case I make exception coz so much OP champ I have never seen.

GhiciCinè

06-11-2013

You people still don't listen to the community...who comes up with these champs -.- among the nerfs/ups on every monthly patch.I'm close to having a really bad taste in my mouth because of Riot lately...

O.T about the champ : OP as hell ...played him in PBE.

BuzzSpaceRanger

Recruiter

06-11-2013

Guess what top lane trynda vs aatrox fun fun fun!

Runcore

06-11-2013

Quote:
Method3l:
You people still don't listen to the community...who comes up with these champs -.- among the nerfs/ups on every monthly patch.I'm close to having a really bad taste in my mouth because of Riot lately...

O.T about the champ : OP as hell ...played him in PBE.

Listen community? Riot? Never. They only want money for new champs and coz there are so many champs now they are making new super-hybrid-immortal champs which can multikill easily. If I, total top noob which never play top, dominated top lane with him and easily multikill, then real Aatrox professionals will carry whole game. There will be no place for Aatrox on ranked games coz every normal ppl with at least some brain will ban him. Sure essential ban.

Volteer

06-11-2013

Quote:
HighLittlePony:
Anyone with CC, AS slows, and a healing debuff. :P He isn't hard to engage on or to flee from either. Deny his ability to autoattack you and he's toast.

AS slows? You do realize he can get an AS speed bonus of 50% on lvl 1-2? Moreover, deny his ability to AA. He has a gapcloser with CC and a slow which can be cast on range. Reconsider what you're saying, because even with CC and AS slows, it's insanely unimaginable to beat the bastard. Since he has CC on his own as well. And everything else too in fact. Oh noes, his abilities cost health! Hm, let's counteract this, let's give him passive lifesteal. But in fact you know, let's make this passive actually give him dmg too! Because why not?

Let's sum up his kit: CC (knockup), slow, gapcloser, lifesteal, bonus ATT speed, bonus dmg, GA, range harass.
You know what? Go itemless on lane. You should win anyway. And then just build a bit tanky, because you have everything else already built-in.

darkazar

06-11-2013

aaaaaaaand another standard attack champion. I guess we have new captain planet over here. With the immortality of Trunda the healing passive of Voli, damage ult of Riven, the jump of the VOIDREAVER and umm who has mass slow, oh i know Lulu.I wont say i wont buy and play him but i would love there to be more skill shot relying champions. Because in fights like Trunda and Aatrox, you will just right click and wait to see what happens.

the wolf97

06-11-2013

Im waiting this monster ))

Darktraitor

06-11-2013

when he will be released on shop?