Placement matches

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiroshicze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Hello there, so I've decided to get some rating in ranked and I finished 5 placement matches already (4 wins, 1 loss). And was thinking - so far I've been playing with my friend who is in silver III, but I was thinking about playing my last 5 games with a friend who is in platinum III. Is it going to have any impact on my placement if I win these 5 games?

Equilibriumuvx

03-06-2013

Yea, if you lose, he's gonna lose like 35 points, and you will also get matched with higher mmr people, which means potential harder win. I'd say solo que it. You can carry your first 10 matches ( Can't say anything after that ) I solely played ryze and won all mine .

Whacked Bear

03-06-2013

Basically, you will profit a lot from it. He will lose a lot if you guys lose a game however.

Hiroshicze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

So basically high risk, high reward, right?

Whacked Bear

03-06-2013

Well.. Sort of..
Depends on how certain you guys are on carrying the games. On average he should lose on duo'ing with you, while you gain on average.

Hiroshicze

03-06-2013

I see, we'll give it a shot I guess. I'll post our results here with his LP gains/losses.

Whacked Bear

03-06-2013

^ LP gains and losses shouldn't differ too much. Hidden MMR will though.

Hiroshicze

03-06-2013

Hidden MMR? I haven't studied new ranking system.

Yashamon

03-06-2013

It's renamed elo. And it's hidden. It's number game uses when it matches you. It is calculation of your skill.