League of Legends: Dominion Board Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PauliusHT

24-05-2013

Greetings Summoners!

I would like to present you League of Legends Dominion Board Game a creation of EclipseClaw and myself. Since we are both die-hard board games fans we thought it might be cool to have one for League of Legends as well.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8123/90889644475264401101970.jpg

We have had tons of ideas of how this board game should work but most of them had a couple of flaws which did not go along with the actual League of Legends game. Our general idea of a board game was to create something unique and fun to play without going too far from the actual game. So finally, we settled down with turn-based mechanics and adapted cards as a substitution for items and also, we created unique battle system by reworking and adapting each champion skills to the table, which allowed us to leave some space to keep the game up to date after any major game updates from Riot team.
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4905/90919744475265201122005.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6346/91144144475263601082136.jpg
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4581/90938644475263201071078.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5691/91140544475264001091309.jpg

This board game can be played by 2-10 people and it might take your team about 2 hours to defeat guys sitting in front of you. We do NOT hold any responsibility for injuries or lost friendships

Let me explain more about how we see this game working.

We tried to make something unique and not only fun to play a couple of times, but something that might actually help League of Legends players to improve their game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clunch View Post
Only thing i bother is that you by the looks of it can't do anything sneaky like suddenly be on the other side without the enemy knowing it.
We have decided to take out Fog of War because we thought it might be too Battleships alike and would be too long to play. Since we made it turn-based and all the players have full vision of whats going on around the map, everyone has enough time to think about their next move and react to enemy players movement. We believe that such feature makes this board game more competitive and will help players to improve their tactical awareness and teamplay skills.
Also, when you are playing LoL, you don't have the chance to slap your teammate when he is feeding, or worse, he screws up the game... But here you do
So what do you think guys? Any comments are welcome

Paulius

x4N

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-05-2013

Can I give you adress so you can ship it to me? XD

lurtz666

24-05-2013

Great idea, I'm also a huge fan of boardgames, and have been thinking alot of board game based on Summoner's Rift. It looks good, I bet you can get FF into it.

PauliusHT

24-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by x4NyyyNEWB View Post
Can I give you adress so you can ship it to me? XD
Woah! Don't rush it, we haven't made this project alive yet! :P

We are trying to get everyones opinion about this to see if its worth making

Sörsselssön

24-05-2013

I think you have a good shot at getting some rioters interested in this, amazing work really. I love board games

ToRcH1123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-05-2013

Awesome! I can finally slap my friends :P

What did you guys make the champions out of?

PauliusHT

24-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sörsselssön View Post
I think you have a good shot at getting some rioters interested in this, amazing work really. I love board games
Thanks for the good words, buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRcH1123 View Post
Awesome! I can finally slap my friends :P

What did you guys make the champions out of?
Plastic
We are also thinking of making interactive champion figures and capture points to make it easier to follow HP and capture progress.

ToRcH1123

24-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauliusHT View Post
Thanks for the good words, buddy!

Plastic
We are also thinking of making interactive champion figures and capture points to make it easier to follow HP and capture progress.
some sort of machine or hand made?

PauliusHT

24-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRcH1123 View Post
some sort of machine or hand made?
For gameplay testing we used handmade paper figures, what you see in the pictures is a preview of what you can expect to be in the game

PauliusHT

24-05-2013

I forgot to mention, that we made bushes as Green Zone, which means you can't be hit while you are in the bushes, unless the enemy steps in the Green Zone as well.
Also, we have tested all the walls on the Dominion map if they are Flashable and marked them grey, so players would know where they can slip through :P