Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Cinematic: A Twist of Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryze

CEO / Co-Founder

Follow @BrandonBeck on Twitter

05-22-2013

<div class="legacy-vbulletin"> <div class="article-body"> <div class="article-large-media" ><div class="media-youtube-video media-youtube-2"> <iframe class="media-youtube-player" width="575" height="323" title="LoLCinematic_ESRB_stereo_1080p" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tEnsqpThaFg?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Video of LoLCinematic_ESRB_stereo_1080p</iframe></div></div><p>At Riot, we love cinematics and we know many of you do too.&nbsp; For the last year or so we've been hard at work bringing a new cinematic to life.&nbsp; We know it's been awhile since we unveiled anything like this!</p><p>The fascinating thing about working in a cinematic format is that it allows us to get up close and personal with our champions without the constraints of the frenetic, action-packed, moment-to-moment gameplay of League of Legends.&nbsp; Realizing the champions in such high fidelity challenges us in different ways, and when it all comes together the result is really powerful.&nbsp; Team members across the company pitched in to make sure we stayed true to the game's iconic personalities.&nbsp; You might even notice a cameo by one of your favorite skins, or a nightmarish interpretation of Baron Nashor.&nbsp; From Annie's bear, Tibbers, to Garen's trademark spin, you'll see how some League classics became fully-realized in CG.</p><p>You can learn more about the making of A Twist of Fate in this behind the scenes video.&nbsp; Let us know what you think, and if you guys like it we'll continue to document and share more of the creative process. </p><p><iframe class="media-youtube-player" title="League of Legends Cinematic: A Twist of Fate - Behind the Scenes" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o-c4TdGrs6Q?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" width="575" height="323">League of Legends Cinematic: A Twist of Fate - Behind the Scenes</iframe></p> <style type="text/css"> .article-body .region-na, .article-body .region-br, .article-body .region-eune, .article-body .region-euw, .article-body .region-tr { display:none; } </style> </div> </div> <a href="/board/link/80f8d3bf-480f-4d88-8ede-314139d3a90b">Click here to comment</a>

RiotBamDragon

Animation Director

05-24-2013

Hope you guys enjoy the clips! Thank you to our friends at Blur and also our friends at Hollywood Scoring for the great performance and music, and Daniel Vulcano for his imagination of the original LoL score.

Carvyn

05-26-2013

Looks amazing !!!! I would like to see a movie it would be a blast !!

WaltherG22

Recruiter

05-26-2013

Who is the final..bug or whatever it is???
And by the way...GOOOOD WORK RIOT FINALLY SOMETHING VERY COOOL,keep it up
Your community loves you riot games ,try to rework RANKED GAMES, it belive that now is time for more bans and some set of new rules to join ranked,something like 5 games solo(just the player and 4 bots playing each role) playing agains the most dificult bots that u can make

Albelius

05-26-2013

That's pretty amazing! Hopefully we could see

A.) A League of Legends movie

B.) In-Game cutscenes in another gameplay mode (Lore/Campaign?)

HighLanderPony

05-26-2013

Looks great. TF vs Fiddles was the best part.

Ctibor V

05-26-2013

Garen OP.

WaltherG22

Recruiter

05-26-2013

i liked the most the part with annie...."i just love my tibbers......BURN THEM TIBBERS!!!!"

BlastOffer

05-26-2013

Okay Guys! That was AMAZING really...i would not mind seeing some more I was kinda surprised that you show Annie and Nocturne in this video. I tought it would be hard to make character without feets and that Tibbers but anyways GJ!

Collective

Senior Recruiter

05-26-2013

dat bear