Aatrox release

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mommerbommer

10-05-2013

Riot please, if you release this, please make your next champion a bit different than the others. By different I mean:

STOP MAKING CHAMPIONS WITH GAP-CLOSERS AND WALLJUMPS

Here is a list the last 20 champions:

Lissandra: Can go through walls, can also use her e to instantly teleport to an enemy
Zac: Can shoot himself across walls. Gap closer
Quinn: Can potentially use vault to jump through walls and can be a gap closer if used on a minion.
Thresh: Can reactivate his q to dash to an enemy.
Vi: Has her ult and q
Nami: Shes the first one in this list without it, but shes also a ranged support, so it would be stupid to have one for her.
Zed: W and ult
Elise: Rappel
Khazix: Huge jump that refreshes on kills
Syndra: The second one not to have one.
Rengar: Leaps at target when in a bush
Diana: Ult which can have no cooldown at all.
Zyra: Third champion not to have one.
Jayce: His q in Hammer form is a short ranged one, but still a gap-closer
Draven, Darius, and Varus: 2 adcs and a fail. Dont deserve gap closers.
Hecarim: Doesn't have a DASH, but hes as fast as a plane, so i would count him as having one.
Lulu: A ranged support.
Fiora: Her q.

Out of 20 champions, 13 have gap closers or wall jumps. This is way too many.

PyroEnfoncer

10-05-2013

"Doesn't have one, but he is as fast as a plane so I would count him as having one"

You are complaining about champions having gap closers and the abillity to jump through walls, not to be mobile/fast.

Hagane No Arashi

10-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroEnfoncer View Post
"Doesn't have one, but he is as fast as a plane so I would count him as having one"

You are complaining about champions having gap closers and the abillity to jump through walls, not to be mobile/fast.
if you can think you will make any wall jumper mobile

mommerbommer

10-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroEnfoncer View Post

A gap closer is something which can enable you to easily close the gap between you and the enemy, therefore, hecarim has a gap-closer.

Dark Shadow

10-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommerbommer View Post
A gap closer is something which can enable you to easily close the gap between you and the enemy, therefore, hecarim has a gap-closer.
By that logic Cassiopeia got a gap closer once whe got some upgraded boots + used her Q and hit a champion, Shyvana got a gap closer with the increase speed from E, Jayce got a gap closer when he changes stances...

And what is exactly the problem with gap closers?

ScarletDusk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2013

Hec technically has a gapcloser with his ult, but that's not the point here. The point is Riot's game design SUCKS HARD. As in, really hard. So hard it hurts. People don't even play heroes without gapclosers anymore, even in the Proscene.

But, let's analyze this.

1st of all, Morello stated that he won't introduce mobility items, because they're "unfun" (DotA's Force Staff/ Blink Dagger). These items make ANYONE viable, ANYONE mobile.

Ex: I love X hero, but I have to get a blink dagger (2150g) or a force staff (2500ish gold) to be able to position myself, escape, etc. But no, they chose the path of equipping EVERYONE with a gapcloser.

Of course, it's mostly melee's that have gapclosers, but you know why? Because CC shuts down melee carries (including exaust, etc). "Hey Riot, please make BKB (a DotA item that gives the user magic immunity for 10/9/8/7/6/5 seconds) and thus melee carries will be fixed, but no."

Basically, what I'm saying, the meta and the game design is broken, it's a perpetual turn of something not being done right and others failing because of that.

And that's why most new heroes are...boring...and offer nothing new. Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this way. I enjoyed S2 way more than S3 anyway.

tl;dr : Riot's game design is ****.

Malygos

11-05-2013

Riot is always looking to make champs to be super complicated and interesting in their mechanics, so making, so they have limited options. But I do agree, they have gone too far with cap-closer champions.

Aelinor

11-05-2013

So in meta where mobility is the most important thing in the game, Riot should start releasing champions that are not mobile? Making non-viable champions seems wise.

And no, releasing 50 champions with no gap closer will not turn meta the other way.

Gauthus the Dark

11-05-2013

Complaining because 13 mentioned champions who have gap closers and high mobility.?
13 champions out of... 122 or 123 including Aatrox and Lissandra?
"This is way too many." Totally. That means... 16% of the LoL champions (the ones mentioned above) have Gap Closers. Way too much. Plus, there aren't many chances to find any of these champions every match on Normal PvP games.

Keep complaining about Riot. I'd like to see what you'll do if they would close this game.
I dedicate a song to all players that blame Riot for "not being creative", like players who complain could make better champions : Skism - Experts.

ScarletDusk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauthus the Dark View Post
Complaining because 13 champions who have gap closers and high mobility.?
13 champions out of... 122 or 123 including Aatrox and Lissandra?
"This is way too many." Totally. That means... 16% of the LoL champions have Gap Closers. Way too much. Plus, there aren't many chances to find any of these champions on Normal PvP games.
13 out of 20 is more relevant than 13 out of 123.
OP wanted to show Riot's direction in design.

And yes, they could make non-mobile heroes, but make them viable through items. Sort of what they did with flash.

12345 ... 6