is this counted as elo boosting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKrissi

24-04-2013

so my friend is in diamond leage, and im stuck in bronze becouse i'm not good enaugh to carry games with trolls... will riot ban be if he goes on my account to get me to silver? since they see im using another ip, it that elo boosting or is it only elo boosting when we duo queu

Catriona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-04-2013

It is elo boosting.

Chip

24-04-2013

duo queueing with another player from higher tier is elo boosting?

Makuzon

24-04-2013

it will be elo boosting if he goes on your account and boost you to silver if you duo q it will be not elo boosting

xKrissi

24-04-2013

so i can duo q with him all the way to diamond and its not elo boosting? ...

xKrissi

24-04-2013

not that i would do that however :c i'd get **** on every game and no escape from it

Makuzon

24-04-2013

yeah you can duo q to diamond with him

The Smith of Lie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-04-2013

Well in theory. But I seem to vaguely recall something about the behind the scenes calculations of LP gain preventing duo que from higher tier easily dragging you up. I am not clear on details, but I think that if you que with someone who has much higher/lower hidden MMR, the discrepancy drastically slows your LP gain ratio.

But as I said, me recollection of that is pretty hazy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am The Smith of Lie, The Nəgusä Nägäst of Noobs, The Sultan of Scrubs, The Caliph of Casuals!

Shunpaw

24-04-2013

Like others said: If he logs on your account and plays, that's elo boosting.

But you are permitted to duoQ with him, but remember, if you happen to lose a game, he will lose a million LP.

Aelinor

24-04-2013

Be careful of what you wish. If you get carried too high, you might find yourself stomped every single game but unable to fall down in tiers. Even when you catch up in skill, your mmr will be so low that progress will seem impossible.