Chat restrictions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DAG0BA

06-04-2013

Realy? Wou want me to read what insults other say and not be able to reply ?

I don't care. I wouldn't reply to idiots anyway.

Just give option to remove chat completely,

because now i have to move it off screen to ignore the trolls and idiots and turn off sound to ignore the pinging...............

Ignore all, every game is not f****** funy.

People in this game say nothing worth reading anymore because only kids play it. Give option to turn off chat i!!!!!!..... Nobody even uses it to comunicate anymore.......

Btw, there's so much bad language in this game, that if you dont give option to turn off chat i will start campaign to restrict this game to people 18/21+ depending on region

i know how to do this, social media is power now!

So don't laugh. Move your ass and clear trolls or i will do that for you!!!

EDIT:

Just an update, this post is not about me, to judge me or to judge anyone elase. This post is not to decide what is right or wrong. Which behaviour is good and which is bad.

This post is a petition to enable option, to get rid of retardation which is in this game. and it IS there. That's it.

Grumpy Drizzle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2013

You can't fix a problem if you are a part of it. If you honestly want to make LoL community any better - quit playing.

DAG0BA

06-04-2013

Thanks for your opinion man. appreciate it.

Aelinor

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAG0BA View Post

If you are really that lazy to spend 5 seconds to push 'ignore' 9 times at beginning of every game...

The Smith of Lie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2013

And the same old, same old.

Even if someone insults you it is not OK to insult them back. Do you honestly consider all those people you are complaining about so great rolemodels that you want to be like them? I really do not understand the logic underlining this defense. If you recognize what they are doing - raging, flaming and insulting others as wrong, why do you aim to lower yourself to the same level? Sure, it can be annoying when someone acts like a tosser, but there are proper means of response - mute button as immediate way, report as long term one.

Secondly, you are overestimating the background toxicity of the game. Of course I've met my share of toxic players, but I also meet a number of normal, communicative people. I'll even astound you - I've met my share of people who were outright friendly and with whom I played most enjoyable games, even when things went south. But you react in emotional way and allow yourself to have cognitive biases color your view. Namely, you selectively report, or even remember, the games where most of players were flaming (or just one but very vocally) and substitute it for a whole experience.

You also fallaciously equate age with maturity. Sadly, in the current age, due to social norms being what they are, if you really wanted to have somewhat mature people in the game, the cut off age should bee around 25 or maybe even 30. Otherwise you get same or even higher level of self-important and self-rightous behaviour. I actually think that late teens is worse than early teens in the behaviour, cause this the point where most of us start thinking of ourself, mistakenly, as adult and no longer bound by the silly rules followed by kids. Though this is very shaky observation.

Finally, I have seen it time and time again, your attitude can bring the toxicity out of others. I don't know you, but since I have made it a point of my behaviour to try and make atmosphere in team more friendly, I have been getting much more out of games in that regard. On the other hand, when I put no such effort in, games slide into blaming fest and rage much easier. Same is true for the inverse - if you, even slightly, respond to the provocation or even offer one yourself (and seeing your posts, I am inclined to belive you offer it quite easily) the others witll go from neutral to toxic very fast.

I am afraid that my little wall of text will be lost on you though. The opening post has that air of martyrdom, where you are the last just person and the world is out to get you. Or to say it simply, you smack of presecution complex. So here's my advice - less self-absorption, more work to set up a friendly team and stiff upper lip.

And the whole rage against getting chat restricted? "If you are not a part of the solution, you are part of the problem." I don't care if you just respond to inflammatory comments, if you rage and flame your teammates, you propagate such behaviour and taking away your chat privilages is only just. Besides, I am prone to suspect that you'd happily start with "report jungler for noob" or other such, considering rhetoric of your posts. If there is a reform card attached to restriction punishment, please do share it with us all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am The Smith of Lie, The Nəgusä Nägäst of Noobs, The Sultan of Scrubs, The Caliph of Casuals!

strumfomelenios

06-04-2013

Do you know the "other people" for their insults to actually matter? Do you actually give a dime what other people think about you, yours and your skills?

There is ignore if you want to avoid other peoples' idiocy, the ping are limited (you can only ping so much according to Riot). If can only respond to flam with flame and get your chan limited, it means you are part of the problem, not someone outside of it affected.

Whimper

06-04-2013

Quote:

because now i have to move it off screen to ignore the trolls and idiots and turn off sound to ignore the pinging...............

Ignore all, every game is not f****** funy.

People in this game say nothing worth reading anymore because only kids play it. Give option to turn off chat i!!!!!!..... Nobody even uses it to comunicate anymore.......

Btw, there's so much bad language in this game, that if you dont give option to turn off chat i will start campaign to restrict this game to people 18/21+ depending on region

i know how to do this, social media is power now!

So don't laugh. Move your ass and clear trolls or i will do that for you!!!
What?

So, before you went on a tangent, you were angry about not being able to reply to the people insulting you, with what i'm guessing would be counter-insults. Correct?

DAG0BA

06-04-2013

@The Smith of Lie

Thanks for your wall of text but apparently you did not even read what I wrote.

1: Where did I write I want to insult them back? Nowhere. You just assume I'm an idiot. Thanks.

2: I'm not overestimating the toxicity. I've seen it. Having played 2k+ games I have experience. You on the other hand have no idea what you are talking about aparently.

I just played 4 games this morning. Each and every one of them started with flame and insults. Thanks for your opinion but it is not valid. You do not astound me.

3: I do not equate age with maturity. I am saying that Riot cant handle their product. Therefore it should have age restriction warning, to inform parents what their kids are playing.
It is ridiculous to say, that such disturbing content that is present in this game (language etc. ) is safe and nothing to worry about.

4: Finally, to summ up your wall, you write without thinking. I don't flame anymore. I don't judge, I dont want to change other people's behaviour.

I JUS WANT AN OPTION TO PERMANENTLY TURN OFF CHAT SO I COULDN'T SEE THE INSULTS

Ignoring 3, 5 , 9 people every game is stupid and annoying. And limiting my ability to even ask for the insults to stop is pure trolling.

I see you try to be smart but you write a lot and say very little sorry.

DAG0BA

06-04-2013

@ Whimper

That was correct. I used to insult people back, I admit it. I'm not defending myself.

To justify this post, and the idea, I can only write that I rethinked my behaviour and decided I don't want to participate in the retardation anymore.

Therefore I want to turn off/limit chat to friends only and everybody should be able to do that by default.
What's not valid in this ?
Why do I have to "communicate" with people who start their dialogue with "noob, l2p and gtfo"?
What kind of communication is this ?

And I repeat:
Ignoring 3, 5 , 9 people every game is stupid and annoying.

Best Vayne EUNE

06-04-2013

Quote:

2: I'm not overestimating the toxicity. I've seen it. Having played 2k+ games I have experience. You on the other hand have no idea what you are talking about aparently.
You have 2k+ games and are level 26?