Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Price Reduction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mortjaa

04-02-2013

Quote:
itayZ:
no -
If you bought the champion 2 weeks before the reduction, you'll get your IP/RP back.
Please note that Talon and Riven won't be reduced right now, when the next champion is released they'll reduce Skarner & warwick

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS , READ:

A post from awhile ago said that every 3rd release they're lowering the prices of 4800 or downwards to 3150/1350/450 accordingly, and each new release making a 6300 champion 4800. There you go, Zac released, they lower the prices, next release they'll lower the oldest 6300 champion to 4800.

While it might be true that this is "easier" for newer players, they're simply reducing the price of older champions, because they're old.

Old useable products are worth less.

Wukong is now 4800.

After Riven is reduced, Xerath will be reduced, then Graves.
When Xerath will be reduced another 4800 or lower champion will be reduced.

who the fck are u ?

booyuko

04-02-2013

Quote:
Kitsunero:
But for us 'old' players.. Wasnt it hard enough to collect these champs as well?
I know how the system works but here, listen

When i started with LoL, aroum a year ago naw, i wasnt really able to find a champ that suits me.
Once, riven was free, i just wanted her.
And i took all the effort and time to earn all the 6300 ip to get her, and i was still new by this time, say, aroun 2 months?
Anyway now i master riven but who cares.
I know for some champs its cool to lower the price, i immediatly bought ez when he got to 4800.. But somehow he fits as 4800 champ he isnt worth the 6300.

And as all the others are saying.. I dont wanna see every 2nd game a noob talon and riven.. This champs dont deserve this.

If you started to play LoL one year ago then I'm Elvis Presley.
2 rune pages, one incomplete....

If you think that people don't play Riven and Talon because of their prices or their power, you are simply being delusional. 1500 ip (the difference between 6.3k and 4.8k) can be earned in a couple of days.

And in the end, Riot doesn't reduces prices randomly but how champs were released chronically.

Taktegelpeppar

04-02-2013

Before: QQ give us refunds and free rp and ip roit plox11!!!1

Now: Omg why do you lower the price of the champs and give us ip omg roit why??

Cryxo

04-02-2013

Cry me a river on refunds lol. I remeber buying Cassi with skin and next day she was on sale for lower price, but whatever I WANTED SOMETHING SO I BOUGHT IT. This is how it works kids.

Khelghar

Recruiter

04-02-2013

Good Job Riot i realy enjoy it!

eXcesGO4it

04-02-2013

haha ...all who dont like the thing with lower price and refund ip ,bought talon and riven with real money(rp)
Talon was my first champ and now i dont play him as much but if they lower the prise seems fair to refund me the 1500ip so we all assume bought him with 4800 price.

Forest of Red

04-03-2013

Wow selfish people here crying that their favourite champ is cheaper and wanting refunds. Thank you Riot for reducing the prices.

SToRMBeaReR

Recruiter

04-03-2013

Ohh, COME ON!!! What is going on in this forum???
First, there are the beggers : "please give me my ip/rp difference back". I also bought 2 of these champs on full price, and I don't want my money back. Why? Because I paid more, so I can play them earlier. If I wanted to buy them for a cheaper price, I had to wait for their price reduction. But higher prices are for people who want to play them too early. (example : the 7800 ip champion release price)

Second, people who refuse to share their champions with people who have 4800 ip : It's just a stereotype, their buying and use rate will only increase by 5-10%, which is nothing to worry about.

Third, and the worst : people claiming that the new prices don't fit their "class"/"tier". Well, here's the deal ; tiers are not for champion dificulties or power... tiers are for the newest/oldest champions. Once, Garen was 6300, you know? Since now, he is 450, does that mean he is 100% faceroll and weak? Nope... I'd like to see a Riven player play Poppy just as good. Again... champion "tiers" are a mith. Their prices depend on lauch date, and a little by difficulty, but not power.

Finally, my opinion : was waiting for this info, so I can decide if to buy volibear or not. Seems there are still older champions ahead of him, so I have no reason to wait for his reduction. Not interested in the rest...

MAKA8888

Recruiter

04-03-2013

JUST ONE THING RIOT, U SAY Thu, 2012-12-20 09:04 " Each third release, an additional 4800 IP or lower champion is reduced to one of the remaining tiers… "
WE DONT SEE 4800>3150 CHAMPIONS REDUCTION ?? WHY NOT?

MAKA8888

Recruiter

04-03-2013

Please could you give me ANSWER ?THANKS