Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Price Reduction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DyingWishBG

04-02-2013

I hate *****ing... and I won't *****... but just throwing my 2 cents in.
It has always been a ton of fun and joy to my eyes to see a skilled Riven player, as she isn't low skillcapped and she's capable of amazing plays if done right. It's always been fun when I manage to play her good. I don't think she's a 4800 champion, just because of what she's capable of doing.

Talon on the other hand... he's always been 4800 worth in my oppinion. lol

Liviathan

04-02-2013

When the changes will be available??? .Want Skarner badly :P

Myokai

04-02-2013

Like i said some champions should remain to the higher class...

Izmet

04-02-2013

Omg ppl complaining about price reduction? Its LOWER prices ppl. Would you complain about lower prices in a store?

Mortjaa

04-02-2013

What about players that bought talon for 6300 ip and ww 1350 ip, like me . Will we get back some of our IP ? because thats not fair .

StarK1ll3r

04-02-2013

Quote:
Kitsunero:
Really..
Talon and Riven on 4800?
Wtf?
I mean like.. Wtf?!
For skarner, yeah this is okay.. But riven and talon are champs that belong to the 6300 class.
Same for WW
Warwick is a 1350 champ and not this heroic class type 450.. Doesnt deserve this as well..
Really dafack riot, dafack.

what you mad bro?

StarK1ll3r

04-02-2013

Wukong price reduction was included?

Overdragon

04-02-2013

Jeez guys price drops are not about showing that those champions don't deserve higher cost tier.
All this action is about making collecting champions easier for new players. They didn't spend that much time in League so it's hard to collect all champions for them.

itayZ

04-02-2013

Quote:
Mortjaa:
What about players that bought talon for 6300 ip and ww 1350 ip, like me . Will we get back some of our IP ? because thats not fair .

no -
If you bought the champion 2 weeks before the reduction, you'll get your IP/RP back.
Please note that Talon and Riven won't be reduced right now, when the next champion is released they'll reduce Skarner & warwick

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS , READ:

A post from awhile ago said that every 3rd release they're lowering the prices of 4800 or downwards to 3150/1350/450 accordingly, and each new release making a 6300 champion 4800. There you go, Zac released, they lower the prices, next release they'll lower the oldest 6300 champion to 4800.

Quote:
Overdragon:
Jeez guys price drops are not about showing that those champions don't deserve higher cost tier.
All this action is about making collecting champions easier for new players. They didn't spend that much time in League so it's hard to collect all champions for them.

While it might be true that this is "easier" for newer players, they're simply reducing the price of older champions, because they're old.

Old useable products are worth less.

Quote:
StarK1ll3r:
Wukong price reduction was included?

Wukong is now 4800.

After Riven is reduced, Xerath will be reduced, then Graves.
When Xerath will be reduced another 4800 or lower champion will be reduced.

Kitsunero

04-02-2013

Quote:
Overdragon:

But for us 'old' players.. Wasnt it hard enough to collect these champs as well?
I know how the system works but here, listen

When i started with LoL, aroum a year ago naw, i wasnt really able to find a champ that suits me.
Once, riven was free, i just wanted her.
And i took all the effort and time to earn all the 6300 ip to get her, and i was still new by this time, say, aroun 2 months?
Anyway now i master riven but who cares.
I know for some champs its cool to lower the price, i immediatly bought ez when he got to 4800.. But somehow he fits as 4800 champ he isnt worth the 6300.

And as all the others are saying.. I dont wanna see every 2nd game a noob talon and riven.. This champs dont deserve this.