Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Price Reduction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

04-02-2013

As previously announced, we¢ve been reducing champion prices on a fixed schedule, primarily based on champion release dates. With every third champion we release, an additional champion currently priced at 4800 IP or lower will be reduced to the next lowest tier, based on age and ease of play. Initial price reductions have already been made on champions who were released prior to the ones listed below.

Here are the details on our next set of scheduled price reductions. Please note that because these price reductions are preannounced, refunds will not be granted to players who purchase these champions prior to their price reductions.

• For our 4th champion launched in 2013 (after Zac): Skarner will be reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP and Warwick will be reduced to 450 IP / 260 RP

• For our 5th champion launched in 2013: Talon will be reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP
  • For our 6th champion launched in 2013: Riven will be reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP

Additionally, all newly launched champions in 2013 will be reduced from their initial price of 7800 IP to 6300 IP after one week. Click here for more background on the pricing changes and how these champions were selected for reductions.

Arteno

04-02-2013

Awesome, been waiting for Warwick to finally drop to 450 IP. Will be really useful for friends and smurfs

master of order

04-02-2013

Noo dont make Skarner loose his price he is too awesome to only cost 4800. That is too low for such an awesome champ. Keep him at 6300. It's a shame to good Skarner players to have him on such low price!! :'O

On the other hand u can take away the price on riven and talon as much as u want. They are nothing special to me. They are still only being in the way and annoying.

Myokai

04-02-2013

Riven and Talon are too strong champions to be 4800IP like master of order said for Skarner.
Some champions should just stay 6300 even if underplayed because i don't want every 2nd match to be with an Riven or Talon in a month or two :/

Because i find these 2 really strong champs and i kinda respect players that play them...dunno why maybe because they're underplayed.

Darkus97bosS

04-02-2013

Nice

Antrisor

04-02-2013

I buy a lot champions, and they cost 6300, but after little bit months, ate their cost reduced and my money nowhere, so please, if you reduced champions cost, give me back my IP/RP please (for all give back that ip/rp)

MAKA8888

Recruiter

04-02-2013

tnx riot for early announc wp gj

Koxik the Rengar

04-02-2013

Why,why.Its bad very bad.I dont want play every game against Riven and Talon and i bought him for 6300 so i want my 1500 IP back.Keep Talon on 6300 IP,it was better.

MAKA8888

Recruiter

04-02-2013

All kids here just to know this is free game and u now wanna back ip and rb??are u retarde?? wanna pay lol like wow or like others games...what i want to say play game and enjoy.

Kitsunero

04-02-2013

Really..
Talon and Riven on 4800?
Wtf?
I mean like.. Wtf?!
For skarner, yeah this is okay.. But riven and talon are champs that belong to the 6300 class.
Same for WW
Warwick is a 1350 champ and not this heroic class type 450.. Doesnt deserve this as well..
Really dafack riot, dafack.