Why do i only get 1 league point for a victory?????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXWILLSXx

21-03-2013

Hey riot i am stuck here in broze I. I had 76 league points now i have a win streak of 6 and im landet on 97 league points now. i just say WTF!. The last two victories i only got 1 league point for, and when i had a total of like 40 league points i got like 10-20 per victory. So now im kinda afraid if i lose i go a long way down, But riot why do i only get 1 league point per victory?????? is there somebody that can tell me that?? i mean come on 21 league points for 6 victories in a row... that doesnt make sense???? is there anybody there is experincing the same story plz tell me. Its very frustrating when u are trying to get out of elohell!!! plz help me riot.... or somebody else

PutnuVerotajs

22-03-2013

http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/boar...d.php?t=554440

Look other threads before posting.

Edit: Sorry about wrong link (I missed '' 0 '' at the end)

xXWILLSXx

22-03-2013

im nor quite sure u know what i mean.... i only gets 1 point when i win a ranked game and you need 100 points to advance to the series.... so im asking agains is there anybody there know my problem?

DignityLoo

22-03-2013

yes my friend, listen.
the thing you are talking about is called "Clamping". usually occurs around the last fifty points of Division 1.

When you enter a ranked game, you are matched with teammates and opponents based on your matchmaking rating (what used to be called Elo). It is expected that your matchmaking rating is about equal to other players in your League. If for some reason your matchmaking rating is below what is expected in your League, you will see League Point gains come much more slowly as you approach your Division 1 Series. If your matchmaking rating is especially low, it is possible to earn zero League Points for a victory as well as lose more League Points from a loss than is gained from a win.

xXWILLSXx

22-03-2013

okay ty that helped me a lot
but just a question now that i have 97 league points do i have to win 3 more games in a row to reach my series of 5 games??? ive reach my series before and then i got like 20 each win so i went from like 80 points to 100.....???

Monsune

22-03-2013

Quote:
I reached Divison 1 of my league, and I am not earning as many League Points as before. Why is this?
When you enter a ranked game, you are matched with teammates and opponents based on your matchmaking rating (what used to be called Elo). It is expected that your matchmaking rating is about equal to other players in your League. If for some reason your matchmaking rating is below what is expected in your League, you will see League Point gains come much more slowly as you approach your Division 1 Series. Because League placement is now permanent, we have designed the system to ensure that a player’s matchmaking rating is high enough to ensure that you can consistently play at the level of the next tier. As long as you continue to win more than you lose, your League Point gain will even out and you’ll reach the Promotion Series.

It is possible to earn 0 League Points if your MMR is too low to qualify for the next tier.
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...LeaguePointsQ2

---

That pretty much sums it up. As soon as your MMR rises (and it will if you keep winning more games than you lose) then your LP gain/loss will even out and you'll reach the promotion. You don't necessarily have to win 3 more games in a row to win - but yes, that would be the "quickest" way to get to the promotion. Otherwise it's just to keep playing until you reach the promotion next time ,which should come faster. Just hang in there.

xXWILLSXx

22-03-2013

thanks for the help but just 1 last question...
if i lose now that i have my 97 points do i only lose like a couple of points or is it fatal like 10-20???
but yes my win/lose has just even out i think i have 4 more wins that losses so yeah that makes sence but i would like to know the question here... ty guys for the help

Monsune

22-03-2013

If you lose now you would probably lose a lot of points. But if you keep winning more games than you lose (doesn't matter if you have 10 wins 9 losses or 100 wins 99 losses, it's short term that counts) then next time when you're at 97 points and loses you won't lose as many points as this time, and when you hit 97 points once again, you lose even less points for a loss. I cannot tell you how much lesser points you'll lose each time because I don't really know, but it will become better at least.