how does garen counter renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rektsession

13-03-2013

People keep saying "gg renekton got countered" whenever i pick renekton and the enemy laner picks garen. while it's not the easiest lane for me i don't have any serious problems against him. I know that i can't harass him the way i harass other champions due to his silence but i become more useful than him later in the game just by farming and be careful of ganks.

Parrasect

13-03-2013

renekton is my main top laner...i played many times against Garen,and without any false modesty,i don't remember when i had problems,it is really easy against him...My worst enemy at top lane till now was Pantheon...
Still,i also need to play at top against Yorick and Cho Gath,i have feeling these heroes might be serious problems

ShaKaTra

13-03-2013

From http://www.championselect.net/champ/Renekton

Renekton is weak against:

Garen counter picks Renekton
Malphite counter picks Renekton
Pantheon counter picks Renekton
Ryze counter picks Renekton

Renekton is strong against
Irelia gets counter picked by Renekton
Akali gets counter picked by Renekton
Jax gets counter picked by Renekton
Darius gets counter picked by Renekton

Being counterpicked doesn't mean that you will automatically lose your lane. It means that if the opponent plays well you will have a very hard time winning because the abilities of his champion counters the abilities of your champion.

In this case his silence shuts down your ability to use your slice and dice as effective as you could. A Renekton that can't use his abilities for 2.5 seconds isn't such a powerful opponent.

However if you play your character very well, and have practiced a lot with it, you are more likely to win your lane even if you are counterpicked. At least in Solo Queue.

Astacius

13-03-2013

Yes, because lolcounters is all that matters, you foolish noobs.

Golroc

13-03-2013

Championselect is not a good resource. Renekton and Garen are both lanebullies with built-in sustain - Garen's sustain got nerfed recently, so this is very much a skill match-up, and will probably be determined by the junglers.

x4N

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-03-2013

Garen has advantage over Renekton due to his spam ability over Renek..
If Garen turns W, lands Q he can easily channel whole spin on Renek..
Silence is all that Renek has to deal with..

7InSomniA7

14-03-2013

The only problem I have as Garen vs Renekton is that it is much easier for the enemy to see when I am about to silenve him and stun me before I do that. However in general - it is a skill match up. I dont think Garen counters Rene or Vise Versa.

FrozenLars

14-03-2013

The main reason Garen counters Rene is that his silence last so long you will not be able to use dice if he times it correctly

Sadistikal

14-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenLars View Post
The main reason Garen counters Rene is that his silence last so long you will not be able to use dice if he times it correctly
And if you time your W correctly, Garen will silence you, but you will stun him. During this time you can smack him in the head a few times.

Stiv12

14-03-2013

Its skill matchup this championselect is sh.it site >_<