The new MMR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rajatapaus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2013

I don't get it... People say that winning games improves your MMR (match making rating), and improved MMR results in more LP (league points), but they never say do winning normal games improve your ranked game MMR or vice versa. and how about 3v3, dominion, customs etc...

Really, I don't like that players are left in the dark when you could just explain it simply, and display it in your profile...

I tried to research it but everyone just said "win more, get more MMR"

What? If i win against bots, I get MMR? -.-

HighLanderPony

11-03-2013

Common sense.

AUGEN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajatapaus View Post
I don't get it... People say that winning games improves your MMR (match making rating), and improved MMR results in more LP (league points), but they never say do winning normal games improve your ranked game MMR or vice versa. and how about 3v3, dominion, customs etc...

Really, I don't like that players are left in the dark when you could just explain it simply, and display it in your profile...

I tried to research it but everyone just said "win more, get more MMR"

What? If i win against bots, I get MMR? -.-
Well MMR means matchmaking ratio, so you should play pvp only to improve it.

Now my guess is that there is only 1 MMR, so you can improve it both with normal and ranked.

To the poster above me, you are not helpful at all.

HighLanderPony

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGEN View Post
Well MMR means matchmaking ratio, so you should play pvp only to improve it.

Now my guess is that there is only 1 MMR, so you can improve it both with normal and ranked.

To the poster above me, you are not helpful at all.
I know.

However, doesn't it make sense that playing ranked improves it for ranked, playing normal improves it for normal and playing coop doesn't improve it? Also playing 3v3 improves it for 3v3 and so on. I mean what does playing customs have to do with playing ranked? Logically?

He could always just search for it, look up the official post, or think a little.

Vortexer

11-03-2013

Every queue has it's own MMR. So winning Summoner Rift normal games only improves your Summoner Rift normal MMR and winning Summoner Rift ranked improves only Summoner Rift ranked MMR.

dasGlanzScheiss

11-03-2013

What he^ said.

Eternity Noki

11-03-2013

the "new mmr" is the old elo... you still get matched after what elo you are

Groparu

11-03-2013

This system is flawed due to the fact that divisions and legues mean absolutely nothing.

Some dude can be like diamond 5 with 200 wins and 180 loses and he will be last pick while some guy in gold 2 with like 30 wins-10 loses will be first pick.

It doesn't make sense.

This system is like if you are very perseverent and have lots of time on your disposal + you keep a 50% average win/loss ratio you will keep climbing, eventhough your MMR could be of a gold player and you could be in diamond division.

Melcalaniye

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groparu View Post
Some dude can be like diamond 5 with 200 wins and 180 loses and he will be last pick while some guy in gold 2 with like 30 wins-10 loses will be first pick.
The dude with the Diamond V must have gotten there somehow! Unless he bought the account or had someone else get him that high up, he can't possibly drop from one day to the next from being a player able to promote to Diamond into a player not able to play descently in Gold...

Groparu

11-03-2013

you are missing something here man:

I'm not saying the guy ain't a good player, the discussion was about MMR.

So you are good you get diamond 5, then while you are here you get a bunch of bad games, some due to your bad performance some due to others, since your league points don't drop below zero and you aren't last in the division you will remain in diamond 5.

But your MMR will continue to drop until it will be the same with that gold 2 guy i mentioned who comes from a 10-15 win strike.

I'm talking from experience since i promoted from gold 5 to plat 5 in 3 days and was first pick versus plat 1-3 and diamond 5 players eventhough i was ina division and league inferior to them.

But once i got to plat 5 i failed to win promotion series 12-13 times already ,Always getting the most unskilled team in promotion matches ( rest of the time everyone plays decent to good, both teams, only in promotion things seem like RIOT wants to fuk you up with bad players).

So yea you dont drop below zero but your MMR drops