LP system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Augustooo

10-03-2013

Can some1 explain me the "NEW SYSTEM" , after a win u receive 2 LP after a lose u get -14 WTF? I know such topics are all over forums but no answer given so far.
Would appreciate a Riot response on this, cuz this thing is really annoying.

Mustikamoos

10-03-2013

Why do I sometimes earn fewer League Points per win when I’m close to reaching the next tier?

Since tier upgrades are permanent in the League System, you have to demonstrate you can maintain a higher level of play before the system will allow you to start a Promotion Series. In rare instances, this means that your LP earnings will be normalized until you meet this bar, so you may need to win a few more matches to trigger your Promotion Series. This is most likely to occur if you’re closing in on a spot in the Challenger tier, since you have to outperform a current member of that tier to be promoted.

Source: http://competitive.na.leagueoflegends.com/season-3-faq

Tough system. Copy paste 2 stonk. 55% win rate or no next tier for you

Augustooo

10-03-2013

Thank you very much, got some clarity on this system, but still its not balance enough, at 90 LP i have to win like 5 games to get to promotion and 1 loss will make all my effort go away and will have to start all over again, kinda looses its competitiveness this way, at least for me :/

Recz

10-03-2013

It's a scandal to get 2 points per win and -14 per lose.
So if you will win 7 games in a row, 1 lost game can get you back to the previous lp amount, I don't think that's fair, do you?

Augustooo

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recz View Post
It's a scandal to get 2 points per win and -14 per lose.
So if you will win 7 games in a row, 1 lost game can get you back to the previous lp amount, I don't think that's fair, do you?
I agree on that, reducing the amount u lose for a half would be somehow more appreciative, at east u will know that all those games havent gone to trash and u just have a little sit back before u reach the 100 LP amount.

Mustikamoos

10-03-2013

Division I sure is hell. But after many games it should go back to normal. But once you are in next tier you won't fall back. And division V to IV should be easier if you make in with lucky win streak.

Zilceos

10-03-2013

It depends on your MMR(Match Making Rating if I'm not mistaken). It is somewhat like a hidden elo before. If it's lower than norm in your division you'll lose more than you win. On the other hand if it's higher, then there's possibility that you can advance 2 divisions at once.

skippersd

10-03-2013

Don't forget, you do have an ELO, even thought you can't see it. So if you win 7 loose 1, you are at the same place LP wise, but you will gain more LP (ie. 2.5) for the next win. Althought it IS fustrating, no arguments there.