[League System] Can you drop from gold -> silver -> bronze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AzKat69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

I haven't yet started my ranked plays, still need some warmup in normals since I was MIA for about 2 years, but I saw on the league system faq that the only way to drop from tiers is to stop playing ranked games.

Short story: is it possible to go from gold 5 to silver 1 if you loose some matches in the gold bracket?

am i kawaii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

No. You can only drop divisions, not tiers.

AzKat69

04-03-2013

so no matter how bad you do at .... silver 5, you cannot drop to bronze 1 right? well yeah you might get banned for being so bad but that is another story

Reki48

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzKat69 View Post
so no matter how bad you do at .... silver 5, you cannot drop to bronze 1 right? well yeah you might get banned for being so bad but that is another story
You can't be banned for being bad unless both tribunal and riot will mess up.

Super Noisy Boy

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzKat69 View Post
I haven't yet started my ranked plays, still need some warmup in normals since I was MIA for about 2 years, but I saw on the league system faq that the only way to drop from tiers is to stop playing ranked games.

Short story: is it possible to go from gold 5 to silver 1 if you loose some matches in the gold bracket?
alright .. u will not be demoted to the lower tier for losing unless u stopped playing , but the thing is that ur hidden elo/mmr will drop if u keep losing so it will be hard to continue climbing from gold V to gold IV (e.g.) and so forth ...

SwiftXShadow

04-03-2013

actaully YES U CAN.

U can not by losing games, u can lose 500 games in gold V and woulnt drop ( but you would be matched witch brozen V people after that and for a win you would gain about 2 LP)

But if u go inactive your ranking will decay and u can drop from gold V to silver and so on

TonyBBoyWolf

04-03-2013

Riot pls close.

CalmN

04-03-2013

Stupid new system stupid new system i win 2-4lp lose 20 stuuupid new system !

AzKat69

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Noisy Boy View Post
alright .. u will not be demoted to the lower tier for losing unless u stopped playing , but the thing is that ur hidden elo/mmr will drop if u keep losing so it will be hard to continue climbing from gold V to gold IV (e.g.) and so forth ...
Does your contribution to winning a match in ranked matches count towards how many linkin parks you get?

TSDSH7

18-07-2013

I dropped from Diamond 4 to platinum 1, they change?