Can I get demoted??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HumanToilet

22-02-2013

I got to platinum day before yesterday. I got there from silver 4 and I got absolutely no trolls or leavers. The second I get to platinum 9 out of 10 games either troll that never helps team and flames after feeding or afk or somekind of duchebag.

So is there any way I can get back to gold tier, because I realy don't want to play with this retards anymore!?

Ted9281

22-02-2013

Afaik no, unless you go inactive for over a week. Congratz on your plat ^^

xNordahl

22-02-2013

Well done going to play, proud of ya!
but keep on trying getting higher, because there will always be trolls and people who like making people lose.
you've problably heard it before, but either mute them or say they are right, as long as you keep and saying " yeah, you're right, well done, smart move didn't think of that" and so on. they will think "ha, hes a noob. i can carry this"
and maybe you'll win.

tried it, and it works great!

-xNordahl

SnakeOfRavende

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-02-2013

you can only get demoted to plat 5 never back to gold even if you quit lol so your pretty much safe

Takeshe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-02-2013

Quote:
LP decay kicks in after 28 days and then every 7 days after that. While you're inactive, you're hidden from the ladder view for everyone except yourself. The amount of LP that you lose per decay period scales based on the tier that you're in:

Bronze - 0
Silver - 10
Gold - 25
Platinum - 35
Diamond - 50
TL DR: You can be demoted from tier by not playing rankeds for 28 days or more.

Edit: Matchmaking is based on your MMR/elo not your tier/division.