how to play jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hagane No Arashi

16-02-2013

you know
in mine country is a saying and its true
if something is good for everything [jayce ] then its bad in every way it has to be good
jayce can poke, has many skills but low dmg for his mana costs and cd's
his has to be a champ relying on switching stances [ult] but his ranged stance makes him squishy while the mneele stance makes him easy target [he has weak base resists so passiwe makes him just hit the norm instead of being more durable ]
not counting that the number of skills makes his cd's longer
he relies on q+e combo so bye bye mana becasuse he is too squishy [and a bad dueler ] to get mana with meele stance
all advantages jayce has are bound to even bigger disadvantages

Stiv12

16-02-2013

U pick jayce when u want to play in poke comp's (nida + ez + jayce and tank infront who have some aoe slow skill for disengage is cool+ u have jayce's gate for disengage), he shine's at midgame his only weak phase is late game, he's fine champ. Team comp make u win not single champ. U must have 3 point's in mana regen and a tear if u wan't tp spam your spell's on jayce, else u must manage your mana. I use this guide http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ce-build-guide for him.

Hagane No Arashi

16-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiv12 View Post
U pick jayce when u want to play in poke comp's (nida + ez + jayce and tank infront who have some aoe slow skill for disengage is cool+ u have jayce's gate for disengage), he shine's at midgame his only weak phase is late game, he's fine champ. Team comp make u win not single champ. U must have 3 point's in mana regen and a tear if u wan't tp spam your spell's on jayce, else u must manage your mana. I use this guide http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ce-build-guide for him.
so you say jayce only good thing is q+e combo [except mana cost and the fact that hitting a skillshot from that range isnt easy ]
i admit it has nice dmg but jaayce has 8 skills and most of them kinda fail [but only a little ] with his squishynes

Stiv12

16-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishdude View Post
mana cost and the fact that hitting a skillshot from that range isnt easy ]
It isn't easy against single target yes but against group it's alot easier than other skill shots.
U don't want to use your skillshots for bulling on the lane u focus on farming to have power house item's at midgame where u shine if enemy want's to be agressive u q and e him in melee stance and then u can try q + e or e + q ranged stance since enemy will be slowed and knocked so it's easier to aim (u must learn to shoot q 1st and then gate it to accelerate the bomb ppl will most likely fail to react). Jayce is a champ u must play some time to get used to unlike some no brainer champ's like garen, taric. Jayce has one more awesome ability w in cannon stance u can destroy ward's after someone put them if u are fast enough to react. If u have mana problem's u can also hit the minions in melee stance to get mana back. If u have tear of goddes on yourself switch stances often to stack it fast.

P.S the great thing about jayce is he can always farm no matter what, he's not a duelist u must remember that, however u can outfarm your opponent easly, harras with AA's ranged stance time to time etc if midgame arrives u must roam as much as u can to get fed and have some item's at late game u will need them alot, jayce is very item dependant champ. One more cool thing about jayce is if u started from top side of the map u can ward enemy blue buff and wait for a epic steal with q+ e or e+q from distance

Sjajni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-02-2013

Mastering Jayce in three easy steps.

1 - Learn to farm with auto attacks and rush Bloodthirster as fast as you can. So you can save your mana to harass your opponents.
2 - Learn to land your Q+E combo. Master it by learning to Q first and put E in front of it as it's flying.
3 - Pwn noobz. Buy smart and carry hard.

Hagane No Arashi

17-02-2013

ok guys
thanks for al the efforts you put into teaching me the ways of jayce all your posts are preciated
thank you

Clint Beastwood

17-02-2013

I play Jayce so much lately , start with 4 potions 1 hp boost potion (i forgot it's name) and one ward.

Because you are gonna be pushing your lane and zoning the enemy , you are going to need that ward early , just autoattack enemy whenever you can with your ranged attacks poke him but dont miss cs ,and whenever he gets open for E+Q shot , do it , but also be careful with your mana , try to gain it back with your W passive when you zone the enemy.
Most people wont even notice you started with hp boost potion , and after you poked them to half healt , they might and will probably try to trade with you and when they try to trade, you go all in , use that potion to increase your stats and get the first blood . And after that it really becomes easy.

BeastBoy GG

17-02-2013

Farm and harass with ur cannon. Use q-e for the harass. Switching to hammer form and q-e them is also good harrasing. I start with boots ans pots, then tear, then the armor or tenacity boots (depending on the enemy team ofc) then i go with bruitilizer, phage, sheen, black cleaver, finish the trinity force. The rest is dependant on the team comps, and if ur team lack tankiness or cc i build frozen mallet or iceborn gauntlet instead of trinity.

Fishnet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-02-2013

Just go ahead and watch Dyrus few times. Jayce is one of the few champions that you build almost anything on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNzCk-vu-fU Dyrus is very solid Jayce player.

Ravea89

17-02-2013

I bought jayce few days ago, i think he's same like darius. He's not killing machine he's just like Darius - Last hitter. Or i don't know how to play him like polishdude...