'Allow Peer To Peer Transfer' - Enable/Disable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetalHeadbungeR

11-02-2013

Hello everyone,
I tried to repair League Of Legends from options and i saw this "Allow Peer to Peer Transfer".
If anyone knows please tell me what this means and should I disable it, because its enabled.

XxNÒÒBxX

11-02-2013

When the launcher starts patching if you have the option enabled it will download it from other people who are "seeding" it, if it's off then it will download it from the league of legends servers.
Try it out, on my computer its faster ON some computers its better as OFF

MetalHeadbungeR

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNBxX View Post
When the launcher starts patching if you have the option enabled it will download it from other people who are "seeding" it, if it's off then it will download it from the league of legends servers.
Try it out, on my computer its faster ON some computers its better as OFF
OK, now i understand it, but cant get that you said that on you works well when its ON and some other computers its better OFF, i mean it has to do with how good and fast your computer is?

XxNÒÒBxX

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th1rt3en13 View Post
OK, now i understand it, but cant get that you said that on you works well when its ON and some other computers its better OFF, i mean it has to do with how good and fast your computer is?
No its not affected by how good or fast your computer its affected by your internet connection

MetalHeadbungeR

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNBxX View Post
No its not affected by how good or fast your computer its affected by your internet connection
OK. Thanks for the information.

Cloudseeker91

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2013

Peer to Peer transfer is one of the biggest wonder that have ever happened to the internet. As I have studied about Routing, Switching and WAN I know that Peer to Peer first came from pirate torrents. However this system is pretty awesome as it saves a lot of server stress for 1 set of servers to distribute all data to every data request.

It only distribute to a few and then they help distribute to the rest, saving the first server the trouble to have to do the same work for everyone. So this make downloading and distributing data go much faster.

Old School God

27-09-2013

Ok for me. When I have ON download jumps like crazy, because of downloading from different ppl. When OFF is set, my download is 4,5 MBs.