Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


'Allow Peer To Peer Transfer' - Enable/Disable?

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetalHeadbungeR

Senior Member

02-11-2013

Hello everyone,
I tried to repair League Of Legends from options and i saw this "Allow Peer to Peer Transfer".
If anyone knows please tell me what this means and should I disable it, because its enabled.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxNÒÒBxX

Member

02-11-2013

When the launcher starts patching if you have the option enabled it will download it from other people who are "seeding" it, if it's off then it will download it from the league of legends servers.
Try it out, on my computer its faster ON some computers its better as OFF


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetalHeadbungeR

Senior Member

02-11-2013

Quote:
XxNÒÒBxX:
When the launcher starts patching if you have the option enabled it will download it from other people who are "seeding" it, if it's off then it will download it from the league of legends servers.
Try it out, on my computer its faster ON some computers its better as OFF


OK, now i understand it, but cant get that you said that on you works well when its ON and some other computers its better OFF, i mean it has to do with how good and fast your computer is?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxNÒÒBxX

Member

02-11-2013

Quote:
Th1rt3en13:
OK, now i understand it, but cant get that you said that on you works well when its ON and some other computers its better OFF, i mean it has to do with how good and fast your computer is?

No its not affected by how good or fast your computer its affected by your internet connection


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetalHeadbungeR

Senior Member

02-11-2013

Quote:
XxNÒÒBxX:
No its not affected by how good or fast your computer its affected by your internet connection


OK. Thanks for the information.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cloudseeker91

Senior Member

02-11-2013

Peer to Peer transfer is one of the biggest wonder that have ever happened to the internet. As I have studied about Routing, Switching and WAN I know that Peer to Peer first came from pirate torrents. However this system is pretty awesome as it saves a lot of server stress for 1 set of servers to distribute all data to every data request.

It only distribute to a few and then they help distribute to the rest, saving the first server the trouble to have to do the same work for everyone. So this make downloading and distributing data go much faster.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Old School God

Junior Member

09-27-2013

Ok for me. When I have ON download jumps like crazy, because of downloading from different ppl. When OFF is set, my download is 4,5 MBs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yo0UarEno0B

Junior Member

05-01-2014

Disable


1