Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How many losses to drop down Division.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kedor1

02-08-2013

Hello. I just advanced 1 division up, and i got 0 League points. I wanted to ask, after how many losses now, i would drop back down? As i have 0 points, i will go down after just 1 lose?
Or do i need to collect some "negative points", like -50? (because when i drop, i know i have 50 points in lower division.

Egypt Hossam

02-08-2013

Kedor1

02-08-2013

Thanks, i just noticed the same question in other thread.. titled "answer pls =D". If only ppl would title them properly, i wouldn't even ask the question

kaardlox

02-08-2013

And it takes 17 losses to go from div1 with 83 points to div 3 ^^

Nerrix01

02-08-2013

Quote:
Egypt Hossam:

I don't think its 3. I just hit Gold III and lost 5 ranked at 0 LP and did not get demoted.

TheAppIe

02-08-2013

After 6-7 losses.

Vicotnic

02-08-2013

If I understood it right it is your elo that decieds if you drop a division, therefore it is hard to say a certain amount of loses that are required.

MikaCbl

Recruiter

02-11-2013

Really not after 3 loses.

Diamondez

06-06-2013

I dropped at the first loss

Z3th3s

06-06-2013

It's how Vicotnic said.Your hidden MMR decides how many losses it takes.Once I lost 5 times in a row while I was at 0 LP and didn't get demoted(so it would have taken at least 6 losses to get demoted),but some other time I lost I think 2 times and I dropped the division.

But generally speaking,if you are winning most of your games and you just got promoted,you shouldn't be afraid about it as it will most likely take 4-5 losses if not more to get demoted.But on the other hand,if you are having a losing streak and you reached 0 LP,you should take a break and go tryhard mode on your next games since you could be demoted at any time