How I almost never get troll picks

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lonxu

02-02-2013

Dedicated to the guys stuck at Bronze because of troll picks:

This topic just never ends. Yeah, sure bronze is pure chaos we all know that.

If you're gold level player you'll have no trouble getting out of there.

If you're silver you have it pretty rough, but should stay over 50% win rate provided you don't troll or destroy your team morale. So it might take you 50, 100 or 200 games to get that silver, but yeah, if you deserve it, you'll get it.

I've played from 1200 to 1600 4 times I think. Every time I've picked what team needs, not really worrying about playing support.

My secret weapon against troll picks. Please don't spread this around, might make the community even worse. It's what I say when joining champion select;

Quote:
Hey guys, I play all roles. So say your preferences and I pick what's needed. GL HF <3 <3 <3
or

Quote:
Hey guys! I'd like to play AD or Support, but I can play some jungle too. What do you guys play?
In my opinion if everyone could play at least 3 roles, we would have SO much easier time in champion selects. To do that you only really need 6 champions and 3 runepages.

It's that simple and then the rest I can't explain. My team starts working together. People start communicating on the champion select even! Haven't had troll picks in season 3. 30 games played. Sure sometimes two people want the same role, but it usually gets solved nicely.

If you still get trolled... Play the games with 2 on mids or 2 on the top games. Quite often it works. It mixes things up. I'd say team compostions don't mean much below plat, but maybe some disagree. I also never ever dodge.

You can report champion select trolls here, just send a picture of the chat and choose Reporting a Player under the Categories
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

Why do these guys even troll?

Because it's worth it IF you can force people to dodge the games. The Trolls get some (not much) elo by getting to play more top darius only or what-ever they only play.

If everytime they try to pull that sh*t they end up in a team that has low chance of winning
-> The trolling would stop eventually.

There was no troll picking in season 1, because no one would ever dodge. Why? Because dodging a game was the same as losing a game or -20LP in todays standards.

BUT LONXU IF YOU NEVER DODGE YOU ARE HELPING THE TROLLS DESTROY YOUR ELO

Not true. Like I said, if no one ever dodges when they face a troll. The Trolls are forced to play games which are likely losses or roles they are weak at.

In the end if no one ever dodges the trolls will fall down to lower elo and guys who always pick what's needed for the team get higher up.

Best case scenario for the community: the trolls get reported & banned for not even trying to play the game.

Then I just try to keep my team spirit high by only talking positive stuff on the chat. Never say even slightly negative things like "Please stop feeding".The Guy / Girl guy you are getting mad at is most likely already feeling really bad about feeding and now he/she gets flamed aswell. They'll start having thoughts like "Why even bother with this game anymore", they get mentally destroyed or the blame game starts (more about it later).

They are not breaking The Summoners Code by having a horrible game, but if you start the toxic chat, guess what, YOU ARE.

Instead you should be saying "Don't give up just yet, we need you in order for us to win this game with us". I think 99% of the time the feeder starts the actual intentional feeding only after getting flamed first, saying "I'm just trolling".

My chat over 100 games might look like this "My bad, GJ, Nice gank, Keep it up guys, enemy warded here, please dont fight, dragon respawn at 23:46, NICE JOB GUYS HUGS AND KISSES <3333, please stop arguing it never helps" and that's all I ever need to say, everything else is useless and makes winning harder.

BUT LONXU INGAME THE SH*T ALWAYS HITS THE FAN, WHAT DO I DO THEN. ITS NOT ME RAGING, I DONT DESERVE THIS.

That's when you do the whole-caring-mother-calming-down-fighting-children-move and make them shut up. If they can't shut up, tell 'em to ignore each other. If that fails the game is most likely lost as the focus has shifted on the blame game.

If you're getting blamed for something just say my bad or I'm sorry. I don't spend time arguing ingame, I'm here to win games.
If they still stay toxic, ignore them. After game report their ass and sooner or later they'll get banned, HORRAY.

If the blame game can't be stopped.That's where I usually give up too, to keep me sane. No big deal, the ragers will lose more often than me, always. This is why you try to create more positive enviroment already at the champion select!

I've had to carry games where one guy trolls and never leaves the fountain, still won 4v5, this usually happens at around 1200-1400 elo.

There's a reason why a pro player would never get stuck in bronze, silver, gold or plat; they're good, they get trolled, yet they always find a way to win. Use solo que to get better at the game. No amount of trolls is ever gonna prevent you from getting better. Oh, and getting better really shows on the elo, dayum.

"You don't play solo queue to get your team better, you play solo queue to get yourself better" -Doublelift
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...F7vJ4Sc#t=880s

I realize that what I said about staying positive might impossible for some, but that's the way I've had rather easy time in solo que. It seems to make it so that it's always my enemy who gets the bad team morale and trolls. I don't consider myself much better than the avg gold player mechanically, but in the end I'm plat and they're not.

If I manage to behave like this as a soulless ginger, so can you.

Not every game is winnable. I feed my share of games and fail to carry the games where I got the dream start, but by staying positive and believing in comebacks you can definitely tip the scales in your favor.

Every time you really feel like saying something nasty to a feeder just think What Would Scarra Do.
->"Hmm, that's interesting I wonder how we can win this game now" AND then he actually uses his big head to find a way to win, it's awesome to watch. <3 Scarra.

Need some inspiration? Don't let a trolling kid who feels uncomfortable playing anything else than darius top ruin your day =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WHW-QNswE

Posted on reddit to share with other regions: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...ks_and_how_to/

Currently at 1800 elo, 22W-10L. Playing all the roles.

BunnySIippers

02-02-2013

+1

Wish every LoL player could read this. Even if only 1% changed their behaviour.

M1st

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonxu View Post
My chat over 100 games might look like this "GJ, Nice gank, Keep it up guys, enemy warded here, please dont fight, dragon respawn at 23:46, NICE JOB GUYS HUGS AND KISSES <3333, please stop arguing it never helps"
My most used phrase aside from ss and game calls is "would u all please shut the **** up and play?"

Lonxu

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1st View Post
My most used phrase aside from ss and game calls is "would u all please shut the **** up and play?"
Yeah, I've had to say that a couple of times. People really wanna play the blame game.

Catriona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Well i can play anything other than jungle.
I suck at it hard.
But still, what i get is usually support.
Not that i'm complaining since i mained supports, but i can't carry the trolls or outplayed teammates.
Yeah, a good support makes diffrence but not if enemy is always togather and we have no damage output.

Lonxu

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
Well i can play anything other than jungle.
I suck at it hard.
But still, what i get is usually support.
Not that i'm complaining since i mained supports, but i can't carry the trolls or outplayed teammates.
Yeah, a good support makes diffrence but not if enemy is always togather and we have no damage output.
I agree that it's hard to carry games as support in lower elo.

If you're always better support than your opponent you should win more than you lose. In the end your team has you, the greatest support player on EUNE and 4 randoms, enemy has 5 random players.

Now say these teams play 100 games, surely you should win at least 60 if you're good. As support I also act much more on the team morale booster. Really spamming the living fk auto of GJ and smiley faces, solo que players love hearing GJ and smiley faces.

Anyways. If I'd start from 1200 to 1800 again and only played support sona or lulu, I think I'd win 65% games easily. Compared to that of 80% on ADC, so yeah. Harder to carry, but gets the job done, a lot more frustrating sometimes though.

Vicotnic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I agree with you, I played from 1000 elo to gold and I never expirenced trolling or intentional feeding as a huge factor. Raging is a problem but as long as you stay positive and play your best you will rise.

Lonxu

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicotnic View Post
I agree with you, I played from 1000 elo to gold and I never expirenced trolling or intentional feeding as a huge factor. Raging is a problem but as long as you stay positive and play your best you will rise.
Word bro, that's the mindset of a guy who will get to the top.

BunnySIippers

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicotnic View Post
This is the truth.

Lonxu

02-02-2013

Anyone else with actually positive expiriences in the solo que?

12345 ... 8