Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[GUIDE] How to stream

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ICB SharK3D

10-16-2010

Gah, I have one of the best connections available in Belgium and my max upload speed is about 105kbps -_-.

SDMarukokun

10-16-2010

Quote:
ICB SharK3D:
Gah, I have one of the best connections available in Belgium and my max upload speed is about 105kbps -_-.

I think you're talking about Kbyte/sec, while the settings listed are Kbit/sec.
105 * 8 = 840 Kbit/sec. A bit below the listed settings. I don't know how much upstream LoL itself uses,
but perhaps something like 700 Kbit/sec total for video+audio bitrate might work for you.
I guess for quality (720p?) streaming of LoL games, you'd need atleast a 2 Mbit upstream...

EpokOne

10-16-2010

I tried it on my single core cpu (Athlon 64 FX-55) and I can't get more than 10 fps just by streaming my whole desktop (1680x1050). FMLE was eating like 80-90% of my cpu.

I really wonder how did you manage to stream the game from a latptop. Most recents laptops have better CPUs than mine but you still need to run the game. Most of my friends with less than 6 months old laptops cannot play lol in high quality at decent fps so I guess they couldn't stream while playing too.

What kind of laptop were you using ?

Master Ice79

10-17-2010

** Do notice that when you broadcast you WILL lag **

10-17-2010

Quote:
ICB SharK3D:

And I have 25kbps and Im kinda satisfied. >_<

sPiN87x

10-18-2010

In Mother Russia, League of Legends streams you!

Tohrazer

10-22-2010

anyone got this to work on windows 7?

edit: meh nvm my net isnt fast enough i dont think, net speed so **** in the uk

TheKingPixel

10-27-2010

Thanks for the guide ZenonTheStoic, helpful. :-)

Maax

10-31-2010

I can stream all games I tryed except LoL. I just get a black screen when the LoL client starts up.

ZaNosHkY

11-03-2010

why dont u just register at xfire, download it ( 1mb) and you can steam live that it broadcast to all xfire and non xfire users :S